Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Creed From Alcatraz On VH1

article:

T-Mobile Hosts First Ever Concert on Alcatraz

30 September 2002
Business Wire
(Copyright © 2002, Business Wire)

BELLEVUE, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 30, 2002--

`T-Mobile Rocks the Rock' Celebrate Nationwide BREAK OUT of GET MORE(SM) Service; T-Mobile, Infinity Broadcasting and VH1 Partner to Promote First of its Kind Event

T-Mobile USA, Inc., one of the leading innovators in wireless voice and data services, today announced the first ever outdoor concert to be held on Alcatraz Island.

On October 10, `T-Mobile Rocks the Rock' will celebrate the nationwide `break out' of T-Mobile's signature GET MORE(SM) service offering, providing customers across the country the ability to break free and `get more from life(SM)'. Headlining the `first of its kind' event is none other than multi-platinum artist Creed -- the first band in history to have four number one Rock Radio singles on its debut album, appropriately titled "My Own Prison." Through radio promotions and on-line sweepstakes, 500 lucky `cellmates' from across the country will have the chance to win access and get more from life with T-Mobile special guests at an unforgettable evening on San Francisco's historic island.

The T-Mobile global brand debuted in the U.S. with the launch of its GET MORE wireless service in California and Nevada in July and has been fully transitioned from VoiceStream to T-Mobile in over 8,000 cities nationwide. A unique, break-through event, `T-Mobile Rocks the Rock' culminates T-Mobile's nationwide launch and underscores the company's GET MORE commitment to deliver innovative, first-of-its- kind products, features and services to the marketplace.

Only 500 lucky winners from across the country will be awarded access passes through a variety of fun and spontaneous give aways. Beginning today, Infinity Broadcasting will be promoting the event with a series of on air promotions and give aways in more than 20 major U.S. markets. Exclusively on Infinity owned radio stations, listeners will also hear live broadcasts from Alcatraz on the day of the event. Additionally, T-Mobile is rewarding their existing post paid customers with MORE chances to win through a `customers only' on-line sweepstakes at www.myt-mobile.com, through October 4, 2002. Another example of T-Mobile's GET MORE commitment, prize winners will receive access to the event along with their favorite `cellmate', roundtrip airfare, hotel accommodations, and transportation transfers to the hotel and Alcatraz Island. Finally, the `T-Mobile Rocks the Rock HotSpot Patrol' will be visiting Starbuck's coffeehouses in San Francisco to spontaneously award customers who are using T-Mobile's HotSpot `Wi-Fi' (802.11b) service.

According to Robert Dotson, T-Mobile president and COO, `T-Mobile Rocks the Rock' is the perfect signature event to bring national attention to the value the T-Mobile brand represents in the marketplace. "Just like we're breaking into Alcatraz, T-Mobile is breaking into the U.S. market with our GET MORE promise -- to deliver more minutes, more features and more service for our customers to get more from life."

Audiences across the country will also have the opportunity to experience the once in a lifetime event when VHI broadcasts `Creed -- Live from Alcatraz' in early November.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"