Thread: Bob Dylyan!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 12:45 AM   #1
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Bob Dylan!!!

OMG, what a freakin AWESOME SHOW! I just got back. He was GREAT!!!

It was at the Tower Theater in Philadelphia and it probably held a couple of thousand people. We were on the left side of the stage, on BOB'S side, woooo-hooooo. We had great seats, too. Pretty close!
This show was ROCKIN'. They played a lot of the faster songs and Bob never picked up the guitar. It was so weird. He played keyboards the whole time, and he was terrific! I can't remember the set list (I'm really bad that, LOL), but he played one of my favorite songs EVER, that one from the movie Wonder Boys, Things Change. I think it was nominated for a Grammy, if I recall. It was FANTASTIC live and they did a lot of jamming during it. They also did Highway 61, another of my faves. There were two electric guitar players, including a guy named Mike something or other. When Bob introduced them all, of course, I couldn't understand him half the time, LOL. Anyway, Mike was an awesome player!!!! And he was HOT, HOT, HOT...Very tall, very dark hair, long and he had a mustache...

The show was about two hours long, and Bob never said a word. They just played their hearts out! Bob was wearing a black suit jacket, black pants with a white stripe down the side of each leg, a white shirt and a black hat with a white ribbon around it. The set and lighting were very straightforward, nothing fancy, no light shows or anything like that. Just a bunch of guys having a great time playing their tunes. There was a logo of some sort on the curtain and a couple of times the curtains changed from black to tan, but that was about it. Their bass player, who Bob said had been with them a long time, also played stand-up bass and he was awesome! He even had a couple of solos. There were TONS of guitar solos as well, and they were bad-ass!
The crowd was totally into it. Lots of people were standing, which surprised me, because I wasn't quite sure what to expect. There was a good mix of young and old, which was nice to see. Lots of people were dancing and whooping it up. It was a very spirited, charged crowd. For the encore, they did Like a Rolling Stone and a rip-roaring version of All Along the Watchtower plus one other song. Everybody was on their feet at that point. That's the second time in two weeks that I got to hear Watchtower live. Neil Young & Crazy Horse did it during the Greendale show...Both versions were wonderful and different in their own ways. Totally cool! If you have a chance to catch Bob Dylan, DO IT. The man is a legend.

Oh, and there was no opener! Just all Bob all the time.

Last edited by Dogstar : 03-30-2004 at 12:53 AM. Reason: I can't spell