View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 01:31 PM   #19
multifast1
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by farmgirl) I saw him on Celebrity Poker and at the Grammy's and I don't know what you mean that he was obnoxious. The Poker thing, all of them said little statements in the beginning and they were meant to be funny, not taken seriously. .....

Remember everyone takes certain things differently. Just because you didn't see him as being obnoxious doesn't mean the majority of viewers didn't also. I know myself, I thought he came off looking very silly and I felt embarrased for him. Maybe I am "too judgemental" (whatever that means), but I know I'm not alone in that opinion. My wife, who is just a very casual fan of Creed thought the same thing even before I said anything. In fact, you might consider the idea that someone who is enamored with Stapp would have more of a biased view (or at least equally biased) of how he acted compared to a non-Stapp fan or a casual watcher of the show.

But that's the whole point isn't it... It's hard to "prove" why you like or dislike someone or think they're a "jerk". What is offensive or bad behaviour to one person is no big deal to another.. For me there's not any one thing that has formed my opinion of him or any of the other band members... it's a culmination of several little things that have added up to my impression of him. Not trying to piss anyone off, just trying to explain the other side so to speak.