View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 04:26 PM   #7
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) but just because something is staged and for entertainment purposes, does not make it fake.

WELL SAID, Colin. And that's very true.

I haven't been a wrestling fan for as long as some of you have on here, but I have been for a year, year and a half. My brother (and Jeff Hardy) Got me hooked, I watch wrestling religiously, and I can't see myself not watching it every week. Yeah, yeah, it's scripted, I have heard that SO many times, but that doesn't take away the excitement that WWE brings every week, the events, the storylines, the drama, everything. The superstars develop into their own character so much, and they take you with them, you know what they are like, how they act, how they wrestle. And like Colin said, superstars have suffered broken bones, concussions, I mean every time a superstar is getting into that ring, they are risking their WWE careers, their lives, anything could go wrong in the ring injury wise. You can't say there is nothing athletic that goes on in that ring, they have to train non-stop, to be fit for their match.

I guess the reason I am so into wrestling now is because of the superstars characters, their personality, their wrestling style. And the events that happen every week. Nothing is ever repeated, nothing is ever the same week after week. Always new events, new stories, that's what makes it exciting to watch. Wrestling is my favourite sport/programme, whatever you wish to call it, and I would NOT just be able to stop watching it, or else you miss out on what happens!

Just my there
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006