View Single Post
Old 11-23-2003, 08:43 PM   #129
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I'd like to add one more thing ...

I you haven't figured it out by most of my other posts ... YES, I am a complete Scott Stapp fan.

However, I am not blind or clueless. I am fully aware that he has made some mistakes ... maybe even some that have caused this break up. But at least he "seems" to be acting like a professional about the whole thing. We haven't heard boo from him. I certainly don't think he went talking to anyone at the poker game about this or we would have heard about it. It's not like he's completely out of touch. Is it because it's all his fault ... quite possibly.

Even still ... I can't believe that one person was to blame here. Yes, he had a bad year. But give the guy a break! It's not like he deliberately got sick, or told someone to crash into him, or meant to strain his voice, or asked for further problems with his ex. I'm sure that all the drama with him took its toll on the other members. I'm sure they just want to go and do what they enjoy most. Maybe it's not fair to them. However, I think that they should be "friends" before "business partners" and care about what's going on with him. They've had a TON of success and made LOTS of money. If it meant giving him more time ... then so be it. Are they going broke in the meantime? I doubt it.

Please don't attack me with the "they're not doing it for the money" crap. I'm sure that's "part" of the case. They could take this "Creed down-time" and do some solo stuff ...but to start a whole new band ... with all the existing and ex Creed members??

Well, let's see... leave the Creed door open so that if your new band doesn't succeed the way you want it to, you have good 'ol faithful to fall back on. I think it's shitty!

If Scott is doing some "bad" things, how about trying to help your "friend" above all else? Again, I'm not wearing rose-colored glasses, I just think they have too much to lose by throwing this all away ... including a "supposed" best friend.