View Single Post
Old 11-23-2003, 08:26 PM   #127
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I think that the information these girls got probably shocked them too. And I have to admit that that is pretty BIG news to keep secret ... especially on a MB full of Creed fans. I wonder how I would have possibly been able to keep that to myself. However, if they REALLY wanted to keep Mark's confidence, they would have. I just don't think (obviously) they wanted to.

Also, I think some people just like to feel (and show off) that they have an "in" that nobody else has. ("Mark told me...") It's a status thing.

However, I mostly blame Mark. Obviously, if Creed officials wanted the news to be public, they would have released an official statement. They didn't because they weren't ready to. I think that now that it has been leaked, they need to come out and spill all. There's just far too much speculation going on right now.

I think the real person to blame here is Mark. It was INCREDIBLY selfish and unprofessional of him to do what he did. If the agreement was not to let us know yet ... and obviously it was ... then HE should have shut HIS mouth and respected that. He absolutely knew that this would be leaked. He had to. It's not like these girls are his best friends. "Oh, please keep this just between us." Oh yeah! Okay!! Give me a break!!! He obviously wanted to promote his new band and he didn't care that he was going against the wishes or the "decision" that was made NOT to publicize this yet. He didn't care. He was doing what suited HIM best. To hell with everyone else. Did he stop to think what this would do to the fans?? They have had loyal fans for a long time and he would want the news to be spread by heresay and speculation. I think it's cruel.

I know that some people here are thrilled about his new project ... supporting all the members equally ... blah, blah, blah. And I realize that we don't know exactly what happened behind the scenes and who's fault it was. But still ... if he had any class or care for anyone but himself, he would have handled this like a professional instead of like a first grader. He just showed that he has no respect for the band that made him who he is or for us ... the fans. For that alone, regardless of who's fault this whole "break up" was, I just can't ... and won't ... support him.