View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 10:18 AM   #27
Julbright
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
GUYS - WE CANNOT FALL APART OVER THIS! If they are breaking up - we know these guys and we know it has to be for a VERY GOOD reason! We also know that they are the type of people to not let something continue on forever - I have no doubt that even if they don't reunite that they will reconcile (if they are even fighting!?) eventually. They will miss the magic that we know exists - there is hope for a future probably just not an immediate one!

If they aren't breaking up then we are wasting an unacceptable amount of energy worrying about it!!!!! I am with JOY - we need to err on the side of hoping for the best and wait to see what happens. I for one cannot let this cloud the rest of my life!!!

If it turns out to be true, I will defnitely mourn, but right now we cannot fall apart.

BTW - I am inclined to believe that Mark did spout off at this Meet and greet - but for example - haven't any of you who are married said in frustration and anger something like I want a divorce or my spouse is such a moron and then 2 days later when things were worked out it was like how could I have ever said that??? These guys are in an intense relationship - those things are bound to happen and we knew from the start that they have different musical tastes. It shouldn't surprise us that the writing process has presented some obsticles for them the fourth time around...

PLUS _ can you imagine the pressure???? I don't think Scott reacts well to all that pressure! Their last album debuted at number one right? and the others were enormouse hits as well yes? the pressure to make it better and better all the time - so they have a different opinion about it - no surprise. But people are not stagnant - they evolve over time - and this band might just come back together on down the road when the pressure is off and create magic again.

The promise of solo stuff is acutally comforting! Think of how awful it would be if they were quitting the music biz all together and that was it - we wouldn't see them at all anymore! At least they are still going to be around ...

I am well aware I am rambling here - but I am trying to convince myself to stop whining I guess - I can't go into mourning until I know facts.
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie