View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #3025
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

The Interview

Are you ready for this? Its Good!

It was my interview day, the interview that if successful had the power to change my life forever.

Yesterday, I was looking really good, dressed, polished, heels, hair perfect except that I burned my left arm with the curling iron, so I have this big band aid with burn cream on it. I thanked God that it wasn't on my neck because that would have not been good for first impressions.

I got to the hospital on time with 10 minutes to spare. I was confident with only a few butterflies. I told the nice lady at the desk that I was there for an interview, people were everywhere, Doctors and Nurses and The Joint Commission was there so it was very busy. She said have a seat right there and pointed to what I thought was the right place and so I grab a chair and she says, No not there, in that room over there and she pointed again. I was flustered and my heart was racing. I was starting to loose the unity and become seperated again, I was forgetting whose in control and I was starting to think about how I was being judged, and how my every move was being scrutinized, every one was sizing me up and deciding if I was the one. I could feel eyes, peeking and prodding. As I was sitting in this little room multiple people came by the door smiling and saying hello. I knew I was too nervous to pull this off and I was saying to myself calm down, you can do this, Then I said, I am giving it to you, Lord. Then I looked to my right and laying on this table was a BOOK...with the words "The Power of Positive Thinking" by Norman Vincent Peale. I felt God in that moment and remembered who was really in control of the situation.

I picked up the book and started to read the last chapter,"How To Draw Upon That Higher Power". It was so good that I started writing down parts that stood out to me.

One very special part was about a "Trapeze Student" full of the fear of failure. The teacher in the scenario was waiting for the students to show what they had learned, but this student was fearful of falling. So the teacher puts his arm around the student and says to him, "Throw your heart over the bar and your body will follow".

In reading those words I remembered my heart and why I was doing this, that it was out of love. I remembered how I asked God to put me where I could do the most good. People that are really sick and need help medically and emotionally. People that need someone to care for them. I began to TRUST Him and I lost sight of my shortcomings and my fear of failure. I lost sight of myself and my ego and let him take over inside me. I gave him control of my spirit and let love lead me.

I kept reading and writing while I waited: Here is a couple of other things that stood out:
"Select a dozen strong passages about faith and saturate your mind with them."

Then I read:
"I expect the best and with God's help will attain the best." I said that one in a whisper while I sat in the that little room.

The interviewer walks in as I am still reading and there is an immediate connection, she looked like the woman in my dream only much younger physically. She said come on down here to my office so we can talk. It was a pretty intense interview, but I wasn't nervous at all, all my butterflies were gone and my heart was beating normally. I felt like I was at "HOME". She asked me many deep thought provoking questions, she gave me fake scenarios and wanted to hear what I would do if I were in that situation. She also asked me what my definition of Integrity was.

Then she asked do you have any questions for me? Just like in my dream, I asked her if she liked what she did. She answered with, "I love my job", I started here as a tech years ago and now I am a manager. The people here work together as a team, we have our own pharmacy, The Dr's are kind and helpful and I never dreamed of going anywhere else. I looked deeply into her eyes while she was telling me this, and I could feel her honesty and her love for what she does. It was at that moment, I knew something was happening.
I really liked her as a person, she is very caring but also very professional.

She said to me, I hope you decide to come here and work with us. Then she gave me a tour and introduced me to everyone on the floor. Before I got home there was a message on my machine. When I returned the call a woman from human resources gave me an offer I could not refuse, then she said do you need to think about this offer for a while? I said absolutely not. I'm IN. Working 3/12 hour nights are great because I have the rest of the week to do other things that I am passionate about like being a mom and volunteering with the kids on other projects. Its absolutely perfect for me.
So Thankful.

I am also loving Normal Vincent Peale's thought patterns and will now have to read all of his books.

Nice write up about him:

Peale applied Christianity to everyday problems and is the person who is most responsible for bringing psychology into the professing Church, blending its principles into a message of "positive thinking." Peale said, "through prayer you ... make use of the great factor within yourself, the deep subconscious mind ... [which Jesus called] the kingdom of God within you ... Positive thinking is just another term for faith." He also wrote, "Your unconscious mind ... [has a] power that turns wishes into realities when the wishes are strong enough."

Have an Amazing Day!

Last edited by Sasa : 09-12-2012 at 07:09 AM.