View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 12:14 PM   #23
Julbright
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I disagree with respect to Human Clay....I don' t think songs {on HC]....depict life as peaches and cream. Those songs are all about struggle, internal and external, IMO.  

Whatever he writes, I just hope it's honest. Honest music tends to be the most compelling, at least for me.

Agree, Agree.

I think that is why Scott is so appealing - he writes and sings from his heart and soul. It is his human experience that we all probably relate to. And that is why they attract such quality fans (like us!) who are loyal and in it for the long haul. We identify with them. If he started writing fluffly stuff, I don't think I would like it as much. I will always like listening to his voice sing - he could sing the ABC's ** and I would love it - but I don't think I would feel as passionate about them if it were too fluffy.

**(Funny side note: my teenager teases me because I always say "he sounds amazing even when he is just counting down numbers" when we listen to "Are you Ready".)
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie