View Single Post
Old 08-06-2003, 03:15 AM   #1
Delirium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Is tremonti being held back by creed?

Let me first say that i love the way Mark plays the guitar. I find him to be one of the best (if not the best) rock guitarists in the world.

But after listening to the 3 cd's very often. I find that i think his skill is getting held back by alot of the creed songs. Don't get me wrong, the guitar sounds awesome in all the songs, but most of them are incredibly simple to play. Just get a couple of years expreience and some good coordination and you could play just about any of their songs. there are some exceptions, like the legendary riff in Stand here with me... To quote a reviewer who reviewed a Creed CD "Tremonti plays all of the songs like they were his children, they are just not very bright children"

If you've ever been to a creed concert, you'll find its a completely different story. Sometimes he just gos all out and plays the songs with more notes and more complex rythm. If you've ever seen the video of Bullets live @ SNL (you can get it off kazaa) you'll see it.

It may be cause the band wants to keep it as soft as it can be. What do you guys think?