View Single Post
Old 08-06-2003, 01:20 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I love Revis, too! I'd also recommend:

Loudermilk -- The Red Record (lots of influences on this band. Just a rockin' CD).

Dust For Life -- Dust For Life ( I think this came out in 2000 or 2001, not sure). They have sort of an Alice In Chains vibe. I really like this band, but they are having trouble with their label [Wind-Up!!!!] and haven't done anything since. It's a shame, because they are decent musicians.

doubleDrive -- Blue in the Face. They have a little Creed influence, I'd say, and they suffer the same are-they-a-Christian-band questions that plague Creed. Good rock, though.

Four Years Past -- Surface...Another Florida band that rocks. The cadence takes some getting used to, but I'm finding their songs sticking in my head of late, LOL. They have a song called Sadly Now that is really good. The lead singer has an interesting voice, with a funky little quaver in it. Also, Flip's brother is the drummer.

Verbena -- La Musica Negra. This album just rocks. Supposedly, they have been produced by Dave Grohl, but I didn't see his name on the CD anywhere. It may have been on a previous CD. Good, crunching guitars and I did hear a little Grohl influence in a couple of riffs. I can't get enough of this record.