View Single Post
Old 08-05-2003, 09:45 AM   #89
Julbright
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
OK friends - let's make this official. I have been reading through the thread and I have some advice to offer and then I have a proposition. I have lost significant amounts of weight in the past (40 lbs was the biggest) and I have to say that without a doubt the two most important things that helped me was a plan and accountability. Even just being accountable to myself knowing the every Monday I had to step on the scale and see what it said. It has helped me maintain my overweight but not gain any more since the birth of my kids too. BUT I AM READY - ARE YOU READY? 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 ~

I think we should make this thread shine with motivation! Why don't we start a pound club - everyone weighs in every Monday for instance and contributes thier lost pounds to the total. Then we set a goal, like 500 collective pounds or something and THEN - this is the best part - we put our story together and send it to CREED to thank them for helping us get it together and for the opportunity to meet each other - and MAYBE THEY WILL MEET US! THAT WOULD MOTIVATE ME! Even if that never happened - wouldn't it be cool to have support from each other and to know that every week we could celebrate our successes together or that you could get support from those of us who understand how hard it is if you have not had a successful week? WHO IS WITH ME?

Another idea I had was that we do take it in small steps. For instance maybe we could all try to hit the same goal each week - like week 1 drop down to no more than 1 soda per day and increase water to at least 6 glasses. Week 2 add 20 minutes of exercise at least 2 days - etc etc - ?

Feedback???
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie