View Single Post
Old 05-25-2003, 03:09 PM   #12
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
1) creed is a commercial band. They write catchy straightforward songs, they alwasy show their singer with no shirt to attract female audience, and all the things like that. Commercial does ot menqa bad, so stop denying the obvious.

By writing catchy, straight-forward songs doesn't make them commercial. By showing Stapp with no shirt on, in my opinion, is not a way to attract a female audience. Sure it probably helps, I won't deny that, but (even though I'm not into guys) I'm sure there's better looking guys out there than Stapp. He does it because he's comfortable doing it. There are many other bands that do things to attract people to them. Doesn't Manson do some pretty freakish things to attract people to him? I admit, I do like some of his songs, but the appeal he puts behind them with his stage antics really don't impress me. I prefer the songs to be more "straight forward" like Creed's.

Now, this is just a suggestion but, there is a lot of contraversy over Manson, especially lately with that case about him rubbing his butt on a security guard at a show, or something like that... but anyway, do you know what happened to the Dixie Chicks' album sales when they said that stuff about Bush? Their sales went up, and put them higher on the charts, because people were buying their albums and other merchandise so they could burn it. I wonder if the same type of thing is going on now? Even if it is, there is, I know it doesn't change the fact that he gets positive recognition from his record company. Just my .

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"