View Single Post
Old 06-23-2003, 12:36 AM   #42
Solidus Ardet
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Well, looking at all of Mark's music, he only has a couple of solos. They are as follows:

My Own Prison
Pity for a Dime
Illusion

Beautiful (It's a short one)
Say I (It's a very short one, right before "Frantic Faction Focus" ...)
With Arms Wide Open
Inside Us All

Stand Here With Me
Don't Stop Dancing

Most people tend to refer to the absolutely bad-ass and ( I think ) creative interludes, and a few bridges too. These are it, from what I can see.

Torn
Ode
In American
Unforgiven

What If ( both of them, first one is the interlude after the second chorus, breaks for a bass interlude, then starts again palm muted, Scott starts with -- 'Cause what consumes your thoughts controls your life...so I'll just ask a question...etc etc...the second is a bridge, begins right after the end of the interlude, and also reappears after third chorus, with Scott screaming "What If, What If, What If, What If I...)
Wrong Way
Wash Away Those Years (short little blurb before the "For we have crossed many oceans...)
Who's Got My Back Now
One Last Breath
Weathered

Young Grow Old
Is This The End
To Whom It May Concern

Everything else qualifies as a riff/melody/intro/outro

My favorite solo's are as follows:
Pity for a Dime (Definately his best)
Illusion (Close, but Pity's is too cool)
Stand Here With Me (Most noteworthy solo since My Own Prison, possibly the high point of the entire Weathered Album, musically.)

Interludes and bridges --
What If (The Interlude)
Unforgiven (Definately awesome)
Wrong Way (Both the interlude and the bridge are *so* incredibly badass. Personally, I think this is one of Mark's best and most creative songs to date.)
Torn

Yep, Mark's doing pretty well, considering he is the rock *god* of Drop-D.