Thread: Grrrrrr!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2003, 05:40 AM   #1
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Grrrrrr!!!!!!!!

i am SO MAD. no i am so upset. Does anyone else work with customers, cos let me tell you, THEY SUCK. i just had the worst day ever all because some stupid woman is stupid. i'm sorry to rattle on for so long, but i have to do this and no-one else is home so i have to just cry to myself and writing this should make me feel better. feel free not to read it cos it's really nothing important.

so, i was doing a copy of a photo for this customer, and she thought it was too light ("the quality isn't very good, it's all grainy, i think it's too light" even though it looked FINE, it wasn't too light at all and considering it was zoomed in and was bound to lose some clarity, it looked next to perfect) but no, it wasn't good enough, so i did it again, but this time there was a scratch, really really light, down the side, because sometimes the scanner just does that and there's nothing you can do about it. I told her it comes and goes but otherwise there's nothing we can do. She's like 'can we just try it again?' so i do it again. I'm getting grumpy now cos the first photo lookes perfectly fine, and i can't just magic the scratch out of the scanner you know? i say she can get a refund and come back in a week or two, get it done again cos maybe the scratch will be gone then. She says no, i need it for mother's day. So anyway she can see i'm getting grumpy, i know cos she keeps looking at me. so i offer to put the stupid beanie she wanted to buy through my register, even though normally she would have to walk down and wait in line at the registers. isn't that nice of me? then her third set of photos come out and it's still got the scratch (surprise) and she stares at them all and says 'what do i do now?' i say 'you can choose which one you like the best or get a refund'. She gets all huffy but finally chooses the one that was supposedly too light. then she says 'what do you do with those other ones, like can i have them too?' i say no, not unless you pay for them. She gets even more huffy and stomps off.

Then i tell my workmate what just happened, cos you know i had to let off some steam and she has served the lady a little too. But the customer heard me and came back and yelled at me and said i had an attitude and she didn't appreciate being talked about behind her back. i said i was just telling the other girl what had happened, cos she deserved to know since she had served her too. But she yells at me again, saying i had an attitude and she expected better service. i said i was sorry, i didn't realise i was giving her attitude. She said well i think you did know, and it's taken me this long to get an apology out of you (don't know what she meant by that.) she kept going on and on about how she'd never had a photo done before and i was rude to her (even though she said she didn't know what she was doing at the very start, and it's not like i expect her to know anyway) and she said all i ever said was 'nuh' or 'i don't know'. Honestly i don't know what more she expected me to say. She asks what her options are, i tell her. She asks to have it done again, i do it. She's going on and on about how she expects better customer service and now 'someones going to hear about me'.

It makes me sooooo mad, do people forget that workers are human too? This stupid woman could cause someone to lose their job that they probably looked for a year to get, all because we don't smile 24-7. we can have bad days too you know, and i bent over backwards for that stupid woman, i could have even got into trouble for wasting over $20 worth of paper and putting her stupid thing through my register, but does she care? NOOOOOO. Did she even notice? NOOOOOO. i don't know how else i could have possibly made anything better for her. we are not customer's slaves you know. Customers like her make my blood boil - does she think she's some queen, above everyone else? does she even work herself? i mean i get home and my feet are killing me and i end up going to bed at like 7 o'clock cos i'm so tired, and i do it three times a week working my butt off to help these people, and i'm treated like some...thing, like not even a human. and i hated the look on her face, i hate being hated, i mean i try so hard and what do i get?

The worst thing is that besides the customers, i happen to love my job and i don't want to quit. But i'm not available enough to work only when the store's closed, as much as i would like to. So i'm stuck to serve idiotic stupid, cruel people like that customer and be made to feel like i am worth nothing. I am worth nothing.