CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Scott Stapp on VH1's I Love the 90s (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7064)

Agent D 07-13-2004 10:53 PM

Scott Stapp on VH1's I Love the 90s
 
He appears on the episode about 1993. The segment in which he appears is about Quantum Leap and they're asking the celebs (and the no-name comedians :P) what person they'd like to leap into. Scott says "no one because he's pretty happy with himself." So far, it's his only appearence in the show and it was really brief. Blink and you'll miss it. VH1 is going to run this series into the ground so you'll probably have plenty of second chances to catch Scott's appearence.

aussiecreeder 07-13-2004 11:38 PM

man i'll never get to see this.... :(

Agent D 07-13-2004 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
man i'll never get to see this.... :(


Well, like I said VH1 will run every episode of this series into the ground like they do with everything else. But even if you don't see it, it's not that big of a deal anyway.

aussiecreeder 07-13-2004 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
Well, like I said VH1 will run every episode of this series into the ground like they do with everything else. But even if you don't see it, it's not that big of a deal anyway.


well VH1 doesn't run in australia but i guess a fleeting appearance isn't a big deal anyway. he needs to get some bigger roles....

DangerousDan85 07-14-2004 12:03 AM

thanks for the heads up, i'll keep an eye out for that. hopefully he'll appear on a few more of the episodes

Shadow 07-14-2004 10:51 AM

VH1 is showing the year 1993 again at 2:00 pm today and 8:00 pm tonight. Scott is on toward the end of the show.

Dogstar 07-14-2004 11:58 AM

I heard Jerry Cantrell was on it, too :D...

goddess_bb 07-14-2004 01:24 PM

I saw that last night..I wonder why Stapp always comes off sounding really ego-tistical..is he really like that I wonder??

Agent D 07-14-2004 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I heard Jerry Cantrell was on it, too :D...


In the 93 ep? That's weird...I must've missed him then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goddess_bb
I saw that last night..I wonder why Stapp always comes off sounding really ego-tistical..is he really like that I wonder??


Usually I disagree with people who say Scott has a big ego, but I have to admit that he did sound a bit full of himself on this show.

Shadow 07-14-2004 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
Usually I disagree with people who say Scott has a big ego, but I have to admit that he did sound a bit full of himself on this show.

He said one sentence. I don't think it came off that way at all. I think it was a joke to him.

He just said "You know I don't think it would be anybody, because I'm happy with myself" and he had a little grin at the end.

Higher_Desire 07-14-2004 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
... they're asking the celebs (and the no-name comedians :P) what person they'd like to leap into. Scott says "no one because he's pretty happy with himself."

The cynics would probably say "He'd want to jump into the body of God since he thinks he is will all the poses he does." But, I guess by him saying he'd want to be himself makes everyone feel all warm and fuzzy inside with a "everyone sould be happy with who they are and give themself a big hug" type of feeling.


H-D :pimp:

Ann Allusion 07-14-2004 05:40 PM

Quote:

He just said "You know I don't think it would be anybody, because I'm happy with myself" and he had a little grin at the end.

that little grin of his is what made me smile...heh....;)

Dogstar 07-14-2004 05:48 PM

I didn't see it, but I don't see anything wrong with saying you're happy being yourself. Way too many people aren't, and that's sad.

hayley 07-14-2004 07:29 PM

I agree, but there is a way you can say "You know I don't think it would be anybody, because I'm happy with myself" meaning that he is proud of what he has acheived, and loves himself. Then there is another way you can say that and be stuck up about it, loving youself too much, and just come off as plain cocky. I think Stapp is somewhere in between.

Good to see that he was making an appearance though, that's awesome.

Shadow 07-14-2004 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
But, I guess by him saying he'd want to be himself makes everyone feel all warm and fuzzy inside with a "everyone sould be happy with who they are and give themself a big hug" type of feeling.:

He of course is being criticized for being egotistical.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alter_Rocker
I agree, but there is a way you can say "You know I don't think it would be anybody, because I'm happy with myself" meaning that he is proud of what he has acheived, and loves himself. Then there is another way you can say that and be stuck up about it, loving youself too much, and just come off as plain cocky. I think Stapp is somewhere in between.

Hayley, Scott said it very quietly and without sounding cocky. It really didn't come off bad at all. The clip couldn't have been more then 30 seconds.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.