CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Scott Stapp and....Jamie Foxx? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7031)

Shadow 07-07-2004 01:26 PM

Scott Stapp and....Jamie Foxx?
 
Scott Stapp on a Jamie Foxx CD? Just might be.

JAMIE FOXX FIXIN' TO RELEASE SECOND SET: And he says it's gonna be classic.

(Jul. 7, 2004) *It's no secret that actor/comedian Jamie Foxx can "sang." In fact, he was nominated at the BET Awards for Best Collaboration along with Kanye West and Twista for "Slow Jamz."

"We're gonna get back in the lab and come out with something incredible, something that is so great," Foxx told MTV.

The actor, who released his only album, "Peep This" a decade ago, is finalizing the follow-up with Kanye, among many others. While the track list has yet to be decided for the fall release, Foxx has logged studio time with everyone from Snoop Dogg and Tank to Scott Stapp and Slash.

"You never know what might be on it. We might do 46 tracks, 'cause I got friends," Foxx said. "It's gonna be called Ambidextrous, which means I'm goin' in different ways. It's gonna be a grown-up record."


Here's the link
Scott Stapp article

creedsister 07-07-2004 02:00 PM

Thats Wayyyyyyy Cool :D

Dogstar 07-07-2004 02:16 PM

Ugh!

Creed_Defaultgirl 07-07-2004 02:31 PM

To me it sounds like the only thing I would even care about listening to is whatever Scott does..... snoop dog, YUCK! Can't that boy choose an album to sing on that's not going to have any hiphop crap on it, but just good ole rock n roll???

musiclover291 07-07-2004 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl
To me it sounds like the only thing I would even care about listening to is whatever Scott does..... snoop dog, YUCK! Can't that boy choose an album to sing on that's not going to have any hiphop crap on it, but just good ole rock n roll???


It's called being an artist and open yourself up to different forms of music. Growing not just getting stuck doing the same thing.

Go Stapp.......

ctfan 07-07-2004 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl
To me it sounds like the only thing I would even care about listening to is whatever Scott does..... snoop dog, YUCK! Can't that boy choose an album to sing on that's not going to have any hiphop crap on it, but just good ole rock n roll???


I'm sure that Stapp could choose to sing on anything he wishes :D . I agree with musiclover291...Go Stapp.

Jooji_2 07-07-2004 06:21 PM

This isn't really that much different than Mark Tremonti playing guitar on an album by "Larry the Cable Guy" is it? There are lots of instances of people who write and perform in different genres of music working together. You never know when working with someone new just might turn you on to something new for you within your own brand of music.

Maybe Jamie "sangs" some rock and roll. :D

Ann Allusion 07-07-2004 06:55 PM

Quote:

You never know when working with someone new just might turn you on to something new for you within your own brand of music.

Exactly!!...and of course...no one is saying anything about Slash...now that dude is a major shredder..and yet...he's working with Foxx too.. :bigeyes: :laugh:

:jam: Stapp

hayley 07-07-2004 08:22 PM

Oh for fuck sake, honestly what the heck is wrong with Stapp. :mad: Out of anyone he could choose to make a record with, it's with stupid comedians and stupid rap stars. This makes me angry, Stapp has changed alot, by just choosing to work with rap stars you can tell that his music is going to be different. I don't know what to expect anymore, I love Stapp with all of my heart, but I really don't know what to think of his upcoming music anymore. :dunno:

musiclover291 07-07-2004 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alter_Rocker
Oh for fuck sake, honestly what the heck is wrong with Stapp. :mad: Out of anyone he could choose to make a record with, it's with stupid comedians and stupid rap stars. This makes me angry, Stapp has changed alot, by just choosing to work with rap stars you can tell that his music is going to be different. I don't know what to expect anymore, I love Stapp with all of my heart, but I really don't know what to think of his upcoming music anymore. :dunno:


First of all Jamie Foxx is not a stupid rap star or stupid comedian. He is great talent who sings R&B and if you weren't so narrow minded you would know that Fox has a gospel background he started singing in the church so I can see the connection. Unlike you Stapp is trying different forms of music and meeting new people. More power to him. Who knows he maybe working with Latin artists as well which is great because music is for everyone white, black, latin etc.

Higher_Desire 07-07-2004 08:48 PM

I think it'd be cool if Scott told some jokes on it. Maybe he could get a comedy career going too. And don't diss Snoop. I like him.


H-D :pimp:

Shadow 07-07-2004 09:22 PM

I think it's cool. I wish there was more information about it. I'd like to know if Scott did some back-up vocals or what.

Hayley, I'm very surprised you feel that way. That's not like you. You usually support Scott. Let's just give it a chance and see what comes out. Although, I am concerned about him working with 7 Aurelius. According to his resume - 7 hasn't worked with rock singers. But, I have to put my faith in Scott that he'll come out with music that I love. Just like he did with Creed.

aussiecreeder 07-07-2004 09:58 PM

so can jamie fox really sing? what was his first album like? stapp and slash on there has my interest for sure but i'm not sure what to make of it. well its got stapp and slash it can't be that bad right?

Bridge of Clay 07-07-2004 10:01 PM

That might come out really interesting. If throws some jokes at it people will know a side of him that they're not used to. As long it's not low jokes, it will be good for him.

But Hayley has a point. It seems Stapp is haging out with the wrong crowd latelly! Like I said, it seems. I'm not trying to judge anyone here.

hayley 07-07-2004 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiclover291
First of all Jamie Foxx is not a stupid rap star or stupid comedian.

We all have different opinions, thanks very much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiclover291
He is great talent who sings R&B and if you weren't so narrow minded

I'm not narrow minded. Sorry for speaking my opinion, geesh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Hayley, I'm very surprised you feel that way. That's not like you. You usually support Scott.

I know. I still do support him, but I am just unhappy right now about the choises that he has made so far. I am still going to support him, and I will still buy his album, right now I am just unsure about what it will sound like, seeing as who he is working with. I'm just unsure, that's all I can say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
But, I have to put my faith in Scott that he'll come out with music that I love. Just like he did with Creed.

I'm hoping he will. I will give this a chance, I do still believe in Scott, and I will support him with whatever he does, but if I don't like the music he comes out with, then I can't help the way I feel. Rock music is my soul, it is who I am, all I listen too. I will give him a chance, though.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.