CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Stapp speaks out about Chicago (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3762)

benkenobi 07-15-2003 12:49 PM

Stapp speaks out about Chicago

"It was a symbolic, personal gesture," Stapp said of his decision to lie down during the show. "I had some things going on in my life. I kind of felt alone. And it was a symbol that I didn't think anybody had my back at the time.

Read entire article and statement in the Orlando Sentinel: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...-news-headlines

Thanks to Creedpit!!!

Sheila63 07-15-2003 01:13 PM

Thanks for posting the link, Ben.:thankyou:

Marty 07-15-2003 01:57 PM

I believe everything he says, although the thing about lying on his back I don't understand. I can see something like that on a music video, but it doesn't really work at a concert. We all make mistakes.
________
HotDemmi cam

Dogstar 07-15-2003 02:00 PM

Ben, thanks for the link! Very interesting comments. I sure hope he is doing better and is in a better frame of mind. It sucks to feel alone.

Sheila63 07-15-2003 02:25 PM

I hope so too, Dogstar, and you're right, it really sucks to feel alone.:( Reading the article and made me feel sad not only for him but for Mark and Flip as well. Being famous really blows sometimes.

benkenobi 07-15-2003 03:25 PM

I almost didn't want to post it, but since it is coming from Scott's point of view, in which I believe, then I thought it was worth reading.

I mean this pretty much sums it up. Stapp said, "Ever since we've gotten successful, we've been under a constant barrage of people attacking me, attacking my character. And some of the things are just made up."

DangerousDan85 07-15-2003 03:54 PM

i wish i could see a tape of the concert

Bridge of Clay 07-15-2003 04:15 PM

"some of the things"... whatever!

Stapp, don´t feel alone! We´re here for you!!! :bigjump:

they have a tape... I´d like to see any concert on tape! One from Human Clay tour coz people say the pyro was amazing and one from the Weathered tour coz the ones from Vh1 are awesome!

Stappie, take me to one of creed concerts!!! ;) :embarass:
Marky, teach me guitar!!! ;) :embarass:
Flip, same as above: concert and drums!!! ;) :embarass:

TeriB19 07-15-2003 04:55 PM

We've got his back, I hope he realizes that.

souldancer 07-15-2003 05:14 PM

Got your back here too...
Thanks for this posti I assume a quote is a quote. I respect an individual's right...something we are losing these days with the Patriot Act..and I hope that Scott wouldn't feel shame or feel that he would lose fans if the truth had been that he was intoxicated...

Everything does feel so disconnected
So what is the truth now? -Tell me the truth now…
That's between you, Scott, and your higher power!

STANDING STRONG WITH ALL THAT IS REAL....and for all that you have GIVEN!!!!

Higher_Desire 07-15-2003 05:16 PM

I'm not sure if him choosing to lay on his back during the performance. There really must have been a better or more suitable way to express what he was feeling.

I stand by Creed, and always will, but I can't help but wonder why he didn't put what he was feeling aside and give the best (or to say, more recognizable) performance. I mean, how can you feel alone while thousands of fans are screaming your name and singing your songs with you?

H-D

Moonshine 07-15-2003 05:43 PM

Easily.

Sheila63 07-15-2003 07:00 PM

Exactly, Moonshine. There have been times in the past when I've been in a room full people and felt totally alone. I realize it's not exactly the same situation but I think you can undersand what I'm trying to say.

Teri and souldancer, you're right - We've got your back, Scott.

hotforscott 07-15-2003 08:31 PM

We definitly do have his back. Thanks for posting it Ben. I needed that today.

Dogstar 07-15-2003 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Higher_Desire
I mean, how can you feel alone while thousands of fans are screaming your name and singing your songs with you?

Believe me, you can in many situations. And it sucks.