CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   To Whom It May Concern (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=1864)

souldancer 02-17-2003 03:00 PM

To Whom It May Concern

Would like to hear your thoughts, interpretations, feelings about this song...I play it over and over. I love the music, the soulful sound of Scott's voice. So mesmerizing. Do you ever get so hooked on a song and not sure why, or maybe only to find out later? thanks

Lechium 02-17-2003 03:05 PM

Yeah. I was hooked on HC way back, and now I have no idea why lol

souldancer 02-17-2003 03:18 PM

Dare I ask what you are hooked on now - if anything?

Lechium 02-17-2003 03:34 PM

Radiohead's B-Sides
some cool songs there

Agent D 02-17-2003 04:28 PM

To Whom It May Concern is a good song, but not nearly as good as Is This The End?

creeder 02-17-2003 05:03 PM

the song just rocks!

faceless kiwi 02-17-2003 05:27 PM

Agreed. Not as good as Is this the end, but it still totally rocks.

creedfan47a 02-17-2003 08:21 PM

I think Lechium's hooked on much, much more than just Radiohead. :rolleyes:

JenRN 02-17-2003 09:23 PM

I love this song too Souldancer. I am not to sure what it really means but the lyrics are great! "Your eyes stare at me in the dark, and I hope your eyes don't steal my freedom" Ahhh geat song, can mean so many things! I love it, when the Scorpion King soudtrack came out I played it OVER and OVER, I LOVE it!:)

Dogstar 02-17-2003 11:32 PM

It is a cool song. I love it musically for sure. The lyrics kind of seem to me to be an apology of sorts, like a blanket apology to anybody he's pissed off. I'm sure he's had his *rock star* moments in which he's been short with people or rude. And maybe the eyes that stare at him in the dark are the people he's hurt. I'm thinking the darkness is his sleep time. I know I sometimes reflect on bad things I've done when I'm lying awake at night, so maybe he sees all the faces of the people he has hurt when he lies awake at night. And the stealing freedom part might refer to his having to be perfect in the eyes of these people all the time. The people could be family, friends, fans. I don't know...just MHO :D.

faceless kiwi 02-18-2003 12:44 AM

Yeah i agree with that dogstar.

I think the chorus 'Your eyes stare at me in the dark..'
It could be to do with fans, at a concert they stare at him in the dark. But he doesnt want them to take his freedom though, which i guess is impossible beeing in a rock band like creed.

Dogstar 02-18-2003 01:21 AM

Yeah, faceless, that's funny you should mention at a concert. I was thinking that, too.

faceless kiwi 02-18-2003 01:52 AM

Really?
cool.

souldancer 02-18-2003 03:12 AM

hey, thanks,. Appreciate the thoughtful remarks and the insight on the interps....Songs that are favorites this week, may not be next week. It's not like a competition - and I have decided to not do any more polls or rankings for this reason. I just hate to rate art and it all depends on what's going on in life moment to moment. Perhaps the full moon is pulling at me in the dark this week.

Dogstar 02-18-2003 03:25 AM

Indeed, *rating* doesn't really work...I mean, people's opinions vary so much. It's all subjective. All I know is, I never get sick of hearing Creed :D.

I love to hear other people's interpretations of songs, though. Sometimes they are all so different. It's amazing what we all see in the words.