CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Prayer request (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4283)

whitebird 10-06-2004 09:20 PM

As I was driving today, I passed a car with an elderly woman slumped over the wheel, parked on the shoulder of the road, I parked my own car, and ran to see if she needed help.

The pain in her eyes touched my heart in a way that I cannot describe. She said that she was having chest pain, left arm pain, and she had been seeing doctors for the condition.

She had nitroglycerine, which I insisted she take, while I called for help.

This wonderful old spirit begged me not to call for help. She told me that she was sure she would be alright, that she had just reciently spent $9,000.00 in medical costs, and she promissed me that she wouldn't hurt anyone by driving.

She lived a fair distance from the area, and I was sure that she was having a heart attack, but she feared the medical expenses more than her life threatening heart condition.

I of course had to call to get help, but I will never forgive the powers within our own government, who will give big businesses large amounts of money, while knowing that people like this beautiful little woman suffer without proper medical care.

Please say a prayer that she will be alright. I never even found out her name, but I will truly never forget her.

Thank you.

Dogstar 10-06-2004 09:23 PM

Done, whitebird. And bless you for helping her.

Don't even get me started on the state of our medical coverage/drug coverage situation in this country.

whitebird 10-06-2004 09:42 PM

Thanks Dogstar. We live in such a wealthy country, no one should have to suffer in pain, and fear the expense to get the help that they need.

She was so sweet, all I could do was place my hand on her to give a small amount of comfort, while she suffered.

If the people who make the laws were to pass a woman suffering and in pain, would they stop and help, or would their own guilt make them close their eyes and pass by?

creedsister 10-07-2004 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebird
Thanks Dogstar. We live in such a wealthy country, no one should have to suffer in pain, and fear the expense to get the help that they need.

She was so sweet, all I could do was place my hand on her to give a small amount of comfort, while she suffered.

If the people who make the laws were to pass a woman suffering and in pain, would they stop and help, or would their own guilt make them close their eyes and pass by?

BLESS YOU.....The Good Lord Takes Care Of His Own And As Far As The World And The Big Guys Who Run It...Ah They Dont Care HAHAHAHA Bless ya For Giving Her Comforted WhiteBird

whitebird 10-07-2004 01:37 PM

Thanks Creedsister, but today I am really upset, please check out my post in Chat-O-Rama.

creedsister 11-05-2004 10:43 AM

Prayer is a must have today

My Friends Brother Who Is A Friend Of Mine Is Missing He Took Of Late Last Night He Left His Smokes And It Was Cold And He Left His Jacket Pray Hes Ok And Pray For His Famliey, God Bless

whitebird 11-05-2004 12:02 PM

Creedsister, of course I will say a prayer for your friend. It seems that sometimes we all feel the need to run away from something, and with time, I hope he finds his way.

Dogstar 11-05-2004 01:33 PM

Creedsister, I will pray for your friend's safe return. I hope he is OK. :hugs:

creedsister 11-05-2004 08:59 PM

well he got a lot of prayer going out for him right now and i know with out a doubt that of course this has tool place for a reason just like everything does everybody has really set aside thier diffrence and come together on this one whis is always a blessing and the famliey seems to have that peace that passes all understanding right now as the lord is speaking to their hearts whis guys is already an anwsered prayer, God Bless You Guys :)

Trapp 11-17-2004 12:02 AM

Hey, first time posting and im in here, didnt think thatd happen. Got a few requests though if you guys want. Got a friend, Jon, the reason I started listening to and buying Creed CD's. He continually is putting himslef down he hates life and though it seems like hes at rock bottom somehow finds a way to get lower. All he listens to anymore is death metal and not only is it annoying but I think its holding him in his depression.

Also my girlfriends constantly in depression. She used to cut her wrists but stopped, only because I took her blades away from her and threw em out. She now feels like everything is always her fault. She is continually putting herself down.

Lastly me... I used to be the most calm person ever. Now the slightest thing gets me on edge, and after that if anything happens that I dont like I blow up.

Thanks to all of you.

Creed sis Ill keep your brothers friend in my prayers.

And seeing that just before I posted reminded me to ask you all for prayers my the Religious Ed Coordinators son. He left last wednesday without telling his mom to go to a concert in Minneapolis and when they were leaving Minneapolis he got out of the car at a stop sign and we hadnt heard from him as of now. Saturday night sometime a hopital had called her and said he was checked in and they needed her to come. She left Saturday. Monday she called back to the office said he wasnt doing great and thats the last weve heard. Ill keep you guys posted. Thanks.

creedsister 11-17-2004 09:44 AM

Well With all of that going on around you im sure thats why your no longer calm my friend I will Pray For These Dudes Around You And Of Course You Thank You My Friends Bro Needs Prayer 24 hours a day, just like your friends there He Shall Keep Him All Whe We Cant My Friend The Lord Knows Of All Needs And What Must Be Done At All Time, Trust In Him and not on your own understanding, I Pray That He Will Bring Peace Still In Your Life At This Time, GOD BLESS YA, :jam:

whitebird 11-20-2004 10:37 PM

Trapp, it sounds like you are a caregiver. While those around you are hurting, you look after them, making sure they are safe. It takes a wonderful spirit to look after the lives of others, but sometimes it takes a dramatic toll on the one who is giving.

While you are looking after those who hurt, you must always look after yourself, or you too can lose your strength and spirit, and fall into depression.

Step back for short periods of time, to regain your own strength. You'll have more to give to others, who you love, if you do.

I'll say a prayer for you and your friends, you see, I'm a caregiver too.