CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Not to be rude but.... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10731)

stappissohot 03-21-2006 12:19 PM

Not to be rude but....

Alter Bridge who? Now I haven't heard a thing about Alter Bridge, and really all I hear about is Scott Stapp, whether it's bad or good. And not to offend but a lot of people, not just myself, have no clue what happened to Alter Bridge or even who they are. Wouldn't it be better for Myles to be the lead singer for Fuel and Creed to get back together, or Alter Bridge get a new singer? Fuel is looking for a new singer, they even asked Chris Daughtry, the guy on American Idol this season and he turned them down, so why not Myles? He'd definetly be more popular and not compared to Scott Stapp all the time and if Creed got back together they'd definetly be more successful and Scott Stapp would have his friends back, sounds good to me but I still love solo stapp :)

J-Man 03-21-2006 12:56 PM

Re: Not to be rude but....

To be blunt, AB did very well in their first album release and as rumor has it they are working on their next album. AB had a head start with their album. Stapp recently debuted his solo cd. When AB comes out with their next album, you'll be asking Stapp who? Unless he ends up doing something stupid again where his name ends up in the media. Fuel actually approached an American Idol singer? They must be hurting something badly. Myles is already popular and will gain more popularity with time. Creed will not get back together, Stapp most likely lost his friends for being an ass (I'm intentionally being rude).

Bridge of Clay 03-21-2006 01:53 PM

AB is in studio tracking their sophmore effort. That's why you don't hear much about them.

But they're confirmed for Download Festival, again.

Creed7352 03-21-2006 03:59 PM

also, windup doesn't promote them...

and i never hear myles being compared to stapp except by stapp fans. they're 2 different singers, one is baritone and the other is not, there is no comparison.

Quote:

Fuel is looking for a new singer, they even asked Chris Daughtry, the guy on American Idol this season and he turned them down, so why not Myles?

cause myles already has a band and you don't try and steal a band's singer away like that...to show you how stupid that sounds...

"fuel is looking for a new singer, they even asked chris daughtry, the guy on american idol this season and he turned them down, so why not scott stapp?"

The Lithium 03-21-2006 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stappissohot
Alter Bridge who? Now I haven't heard a thing about Alter Bridge

Well, speak for yourself then, 'cause I have heard quite a lot about them. Here in Sweden, where I live, I have almost heard more about them than I ever heard about Creed. Quite intressting when you think about it.

And to quote Marcos: they're in the studio now, that's why you don't hear much from them.

Quote:

Wouldn't it be better for Myles to be the lead singer for Fuel and Creed to get back together, or Alter Bridge get a new singer?

Yeah, they'd all problalby make more money and sell more records, but I don't think that's what they want. I know Alter Bridge wanna stay together!

Quote:

Fuel is looking for a new singer, they even asked Chris Daughtry, the guy on American Idol this season and he turned them down

Dumb ass, could've been the opportunity of a life time!

stappissohot 03-22-2006 12:39 PM

Not trying to insult anyone just viewing my opinions. The only reason I hear so much about Stapp is because of his negative publicity. I loved the Alter Bridge album, I'm just stating I haven't heard much about them, nothing about gigs or tours in a long time. As for Scott Stapp really, google him and you get a million (negative) hits. I say Myles is a great singer but Creed was way better and you can't have Creed without all the band members and if Creed decides to get back together (never going to happen) Myles could work with another band, Fuel, who are looking for a new lead singer. As for the American Idol dude, he said his place was with his wife who is sick and he says he doesn't want to tour with Fuel, I dunno I don't know the man I'm relaying what I've heard is all, I'm not the enemy hear I vow on both sides :)

Bridge of Clay 03-22-2006 01:28 PM

aham... yeah, humor me. :rolleyes:

bilal 03-22-2006 08:29 PM

i think the band has surely made international headlines...........dammit........i am here in PAkistan and a lot of people know aobut the band here too!!!......

IamFilthy 03-22-2006 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed7352
also, windup doesn't promote them...

I disagree,....they recieved a fair amount of promotion

RoffeDH 03-23-2006 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamFilthy
I disagree,....they recieved a fair amount of promotion

ARE YOU FOR REAL! I mean, come on! The guys were even willing to pay for everything on relesing a DVD... Were they alowed? NO! And did they have a big sign on almost every page you went to? No! Did Stapp? Yeah! Stapp's Screw-ups BIG GOLDEN COW! What Wind-up needs is to snapp out of a dream and give AB some slack... Just put the logo on the damn DVD box and give fans what they want!

The reson WU didn't want to get the logo on there is probobly becouse AB wouldn't let them print "Mark tremonti, Brian Marshall and Scott Phillips from Creed"... That's why Stapp is the golden boy he loves the fact that he was in Creed... I'm not saying he can't, heck I would probobly too, just that Mark and the boys don't...

Stappishot, your not insulting since you don't say "idiots" "morons" etc.

I live in Sweden too, but I can't say I've heard that much... But Lith lives in the capital ;)

IamFilthy 03-23-2006 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoffeDH
ARE YOU FOR REAL! I mean, come on! The guys were even willing to pay for everything on relesing a DVD... Were they alowed? NO! And did they have a big sign on almost every page you went to? No! Did Stapp? Yeah! Stapp's Screw-ups BIG GOLDEN COW! What Wind-up needs is to snapp out of a dream and give AB some slack... Just put the logo on the damn DVD box and give fans what they want!

The reson WU didn't want to get the logo on there is probobly becouse AB wouldn't let them print "Mark tremonti, Brian Marshall and Scott Phillips from Creed"... That's why Stapp is the golden boy he loves the fact that he was in Creed... I'm not saying he can't, heck I would probobly too, just that Mark and the boys don't...

Stappishot, your not insulting since you don't say "idiots" "morons" etc.

I live in Sweden too, but I can't say I've heard that much... But Lith lives in the capital ;)

To me, Wind-Up is a successful record label. They are going to invest their financial backing in their best interest, which, realize it or not, is Stapp. He was the face of Creed and the one that most Creed fans identify with. He is much more marketable than AB and stays true to his past with the label,.."from Creed". I find it a little insulting that Tremo & Co. don't want any association with the word Creed. Sure they want to promote their new band and leave Creed behind them, but Tremo even talks trash about Creed songs.It just proves that Creed,IMO, REALLY was Stapp's band.

RoffeDH 03-23-2006 02:59 PM

Now, the reson Stapp was the face of creed was becouse he run the band, Mark wanted solos in the songs, did he gett to REALY solo? No! And Stapp was a jerk etc. Tremo doesn't want to be held with the, as he sees it since he was in the band, shadow of Creed, he doesn't want to have all those memories being on the lable of his new album! I don't see it as an insult that he talks trash about Creed, why should you? It's not like it's about you? The reson it was Stapps band was becouse IF he left Creed would die, EVERYONE knows that, Creed aint the same if not everyone is in on it! Mark didn't get to solo (as said before), he was unhappie, they didn't want to kick Brian but was forced to becouse Stapp said "Me or him" if he left, the band died, the band wasn't the same without Brian either... It just wasn't...

IamFilthy 03-23-2006 03:28 PM

It's one thing for Tremo to leave Creed in the past,....but its another story when he talks trash about songs that he had a hand in making that made him a very rich man. If it wasn't for those songs he wouldn't be where he's at today. That to me, is an insult to the fans. And I agree that Creed was never the same without Brian,... although Hestla did a great job on tour.

bilal 03-24-2006 11:11 AM

good discussion so far................!!!!!

bilal 03-24-2006 11:11 AM

good discussion so far................!!!!!

J-Man 03-24-2006 05:09 PM

Quote:

Not trying to insult anyone just viewing my opinions. The only reason I hear so much about Stapp is because of his negative publicity. I loved the Alter Bridge album, I'm just stating I haven't heard much about them, nothing about gigs or tours in a long time. As for Scott Stapp really, google him and you get a million (negative) hits. I say Myles is a great singer but Creed was way better and you can't have Creed without all the band members and if Creed decides to get back together (never going to happen) Myles could work with another band, Fuel, who are looking for a new lead singer. As for the American Idol dude, he said his place was with his wife who is sick and he says he doesn't want to tour with Fuel, I dunno I don't know the man I'm relaying what I've heard is all, I'm not the enemy hear I vow on both sides :)

C'mon woman, you know that you were insulting AB. Your opinion is your opinion, but don't try to wiggle your way out of what you really meant. It's true if you Google Stapp you will get a lot of negative reviews and clippings. On the other hand google AB and you won't get that. Myles is a phenominal singer and it's nice to see that you stated that on here, but did you not state the following elsewhere:

Unfortunately I am not one of the Alter Bridge fans and let me tell you why. I was a huge Creed fan, I had the shirts I had the albums, I was a big Creed fan. Now when the Alter Bridge album debut came out I was eager to hear the music. I was dissapointed to find that even though the band members where there it sounded like a stappless Creed. Myles Kennedy to me has no talent whatsoever he sounds like a cross between Three Doors Down and Keith Urban. Two very good bands when mixed together=Myles Kennedy. I'm sorry to say that he didn't impress me at the least bit. Music is still the band but Kennedy doesn't live up to Scott Stapp's voice, which draws you in and keeps you there. The Great Divide got my vote, I think Scott Stapp did a better job this year than Alter Bridge.

The above is how you truly feel about the AB band. All I'm saying is stick to how you truly feel about things. ODR is truly a great album, most listeners loved it. The only reason as to why you didn't is because Stapp wasn't the lead singer. Get used to it.

bilal 03-24-2006 07:43 PM

Why was stapp so important at all!!!!!!.............its because he always kept the lime light to himself and rest of the memebers where taking the backseat..............the sound of creed brought only one picuture in the forefront...and dat was stapp............. i find it the only reason people miss stapp.....and dont realise that Creed was not just about stapp at all..............it was a BAND for heaven sake man!

stappissohot 03-28-2006 12:23 PM

Eh? When the hell did I say that crap? Well whenever I did it must of been a long time ago for me not to remember. Look I like Alter Bridge and Myles Kennedy is a great singer I just prefered Creed, and the majority still do prefer Creed, and the reality is if Creed ever DID get back together that would leave Myles out of a job and the band Fuel is so friggin desperate they are even holding auditions via the net. So I was making a suggestion. Myself and a lot of people here in CA haven't even heard of Alter Bridge, whereas stapp get's arrested in LA and it's in the friggin paper! So look I am not saying I like Stapp over Alter Bridge or visa versa. I think Scott has a good voice and is a good lyric writer. I think though that Stapp and Tremonti together where waaaaay better, Creed was and still is waaaay better. Case in point

Creed7352 03-28-2006 02:59 PM

but you haven't seen or heard the results of myles and mark together yet...mark had pretty much all of ODR written before myles came into the band...wait for the second album before passing judgement. that is all i ask.

IamFilthy 03-28-2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

...and the band Fuel is so friggin desperate they are even holding auditions via the net.

This does not mean they are desperate,....they are taking a different route to find a singer who might be great, just undiscovered. Do you think that of all the singers without record contracts, that they would actually have a hard time findin' one?

stappissohot 03-29-2006 12:01 PM

I still think it's pathetic! It's like Fuel Idol, btw I saw AI last night, Chris sand Creed, he got my vote, but what I'm saying is only Creed matters really to me, and I think there are now two Creeds, AB and Stapp... I think that it's like the two towers thing, there are cool things in one tower and some in the other but it's really only best when it comes in one package

J-Man 03-29-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

Eh? When the hell did I say that crap? Well whenever I did it must of been a long time ago for me not to remember. Look I like Alter Bridge and Myles Kennedy is a great singer I just prefered Creed, and the majority still do prefer Creed, and the reality is if Creed ever DID get back together that would leave Myles out of a job and the band Fuel is so friggin desperate they are even holding auditions via the net. So I was making a suggestion. Myself and a lot of people here in CA haven't even heard of Alter Bridge, whereas stapp get's arrested in LA and it's in the friggin paper! So look I am not saying I like Stapp over Alter Bridge or visa versa. I think Scott has a good voice and is a good lyric writer. I think though that Stapp and Tremonti together where waaaaay better, Creed was and still is waaaay better. Case in point

Haha - I thought it was crap too after I read your review on Amazon.com. I just so happen to come across it by accident and remembered your handle name.

Below is the reviewer name and the subject name you gave it. And you are from Cali right? So it's you.

Reviewer: stappissohot "Crack_The_Whip" (Modesto, CA)

Creed7352 03-29-2006 07:40 PM

Quote:

I still think it's pathetic! It's like Fuel Idol, btw I saw AI last night, Chris sand Creed, he got my vote, but what I'm saying is only Creed matters really to me, and I think there are now two Creeds, AB and Stapp... I think that it's like the two towers thing, there are cool things in one tower and some in the other but it's really only best when it comes in one package

hmmm...alter bridge doesn't really sound like creed though..only on a couple songs cause A) mark songs written for the next creed record and B) they didn't want to completely alienate the creed fans so they had a couple on that were similar.

and it's funny you say what you say about the bands when you have this for a signature "Creed is a band.....Alter Bridge is a band..... Scott Stapp is.....FOREVER" that to me suggests you want stapp, not creed.

stappissohot 03-30-2006 12:14 PM

No my sig means something different, bands split up, you can't split up with yourself. And then the lyrics from Scott Stapp are just something that relates to my life, so really. And Amazon? Well I'll check it out but sincerely I do not remember and I don't have the best memory. So I can assure you I am not for sides. I like Alter Bridge AND Scott Stapp equally but I'll always like Creed more... my point... look do not make me some evil person, I'm not and I'm really trying to be sincere with you :)

bilal 03-30-2006 07:02 PM

look at ur avator!!!!!!!!.......u ARE an evil person!!!!!!!....... ( hehehehee)

Ana4Stapp 03-30-2006 08:09 PM

Quote:

and it's funny you say what you say about the bands when you have this for a signature "Creed is a band.....Alter Bridge is a band..... Scott Stapp is.....FOREVER" that to me suggests you want stapp, not creed.

I had the same impression...;)

MackaN 03-31-2006 12:02 PM

Quote:

but you haven't seen or heard the results of myles and mark together yet...mark had pretty much all of ODR written before myles came into the band...wait for the second album before passing judgement. that is all i ask.

Dammit! You get me all excited when you say things like that! Myles is a lyrical genius and Tremo is a great writer too but his strenght's is the music.

Go Alter Bridge! :D

stappissohot 03-31-2006 12:39 PM

I never said I disliked Alter Bridge, I like them quite a bit. I especially like Mark Tremonti, he's a great guitar player, quite talented and I should know because I play the guitar, so please don't twist my words and my sig

Rocketqueen 03-31-2006 01:01 PM

i dont mind people twisting my words it happens :) but what do i hate is being interupted before i get my point acrossed im like wait wait just hold it i,ll explain that in a minute,

bilal 03-31-2006 04:36 PM

by the way....HAPPY BIRTHDAY "STAPPISHOT".................. HOPE U HAD A GREAT ONE..........................:balloons: :balloons: :balloons:

IamFilthy 03-31-2006 06:52 PM

Quote:

hmmm...alter bridge doesn't really sound like creed though..only on a couple songs cause

try most of the songs....that's what made me miss Stapp the most,..was hearing Creed with a different singer. "Open Your Eyes" = "My Sacrifice, Part 2"

bilal 03-31-2006 06:55 PM

Open Your Eyes" = "My Sacrifice, Part 2" ?????????...........really?????......... what about the solo........... and backing vocals.........and two guitars......and a better vocalist.................

IamFilthy 03-31-2006 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilal
Open Your Eyes" = "My Sacrifice, Part 2" ?????????...........really?????......... what about the solo........... and backing vocals.........and two guitars......and a better vocalist.................

blah, blah, blah, blah.......Heard it all before. Myles may have more range, but he lacks Scott's angst and charisma.I despise his "whiny-ass" vocals. The solo(Wow!) doesn't do shit for the song. And backing vocals????? Stapp's back-up, John Curry, runs circles around Tremonti's non-existent vocals. The video may be the worst part b/c we are forced to look at close-ups of MK's "cry-baby" faces hinting that he might be constipated or crying for sympathy.........but that's just my opinion.

bilal 03-31-2006 07:20 PM

:chillpill: ...... chillout man!!!!!!...........its alright for u to keep worshiping old cReed...............so do i....so do i............. but that doesnt give u license to say all the serious bullshit........u just said...................just because Myles replaced a pain in the ass lead singer for rest of the creeed members.........which is actually stapps own fault................u just cant hate Myles for that.......as far as i can see..........Myles has got more Charisma than Stapp..................if stapp was a dick( world agreed fact!!) that is his own fault..........not anyones else.......

damn.......know reading the title of this thread is making me laugh at myself :laugh:

IamFilthy 03-31-2006 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilal
:chillpill: ...... chillout man!!!!!!...........its alright for u to keep worshiping old cReed...............so do i....so do i............. but that doesnt give u license to say all the serious bullshit........u just said...................just because Myles replaced a pain in the ass lead singer for rest of the creeed members.........which is actually stapps own fault................u just cant hate Myles for that.......as far as i can see..........Myles has got more Charisma than Stapp..................if stapp was a dick( world agreed fact!!) that is his own fault..........not anyones else.......

damn.......know reading the title of this thread is making me laugh at myself :laugh:

News Flash! I can say whatever I want.Calm down,man. You don't have to get offended when someone doesn't agree with you. To each his own. And I know you've heard this a million times, but I have to comment on all the "dots"....do you have a dead,limp finger or something?

bilal 03-31-2006 08:24 PM

Quote:

News Flash! I can say whatever I want.Calm down,man. You don't have to get offended when someone doesn't agree with you. To each his own. And I know you've heard this a million times, but I have to comment on all the "dots"....do you have a dead,limp finger or something?

Good u realised u can say what ever u want........but heres another NEWFLASH for u " u can say whatever u want that make sence"......and kindly read the previous couple of posts again.......may be u need to clear ur mind as to who got OFFENDED.....and who needed to calm down..................as far as my "dots" are concerned i can say only this......)and for the record)........."leave my dots aloneeee!!!!! :flame: :flame: :offtopic: :offtopic: "

and in the end....we all shall say....again and again......""Not to be rude...BUT!!!!!!!!"""...........the little "but" that made the difference!!!!

Creed7352 03-31-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

try most of the songs....that's what made me miss Stapp the most,..was hearing Creed with a different singer. "Open Your Eyes" = "My Sacrifice, Part 2"

try most? and you give one example? okay....

IamFilthy 03-31-2006 11:19 PM

Quote:

try most? and you give one example? okay....

already did,....maybe you should read before you start typing

Creed7352 04-01-2006 05:07 AM

ummm....okay...well i'm not going to read the entire fucking bb so whatever. you didn't post shit in this thread but one song.

IamFilthy 04-01-2006 11:13 AM

Quote:

ummm....okay...well i'm not going to read the entire fucking bb so whatever. you didn't post shit in this thread but one song.

and there's your one example you wanted