CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Where can I download songs? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=1851)

Peege 02-16-2003 08:00 PM

Where can I download songs?

I found some songs that I don't have of Creed's that I want to download. They are on a fans webpage that is listed on Creed.com I can listen to them through RealPlayer, but I want to download them.

Is there anyplace you guys know of that I can download songs that are not on their 3 albums? Thanks

DangerousDan85 02-16-2003 08:14 PM

you could download Kazza, that's what I use

TeriB19 02-16-2003 10:03 PM

I like Kazaa lite, no spyware.

marlsy 02-16-2003 10:09 PM

and I like winmx.com

DangerousDan85 02-16-2003 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TeriB19
I like Kazaa lite, no spyware.

what's spyware

TeriB19 02-16-2003 10:19 PM

Um, dammit, I knew someone would catch me talking about something about which I know less than nothing.
:help: :nutty: :embarass: I believe it's something they can use to track stuff in your personal computer, but I believe Mullet, Jango or Steve could explain it MUCH better than I could.

Steve 02-17-2003 03:57 AM

Teri, that is a basic explanation! Spyware is programs that get installed on your computer with or without your knowledge (i.e. when you install a program there may be other programs that get installed as well. If you read the fine print in the license agreement, it will let you know if there is other programs being installed). These types of programs basically track data based on your internet surfing habbits and report back to the company that produces the software. There was talk (although I'm not sure if it actually happens) that some spyware programs would use your computer's processing power to handle data manipulation and other such tasks when you are not using your processor to it's fullest.

That's prob. more than you needed to know, but basically it's something you really shouldn't want on your computer. :-)

Puj 02-17-2003 08:34 AM

you can download around 20 live songs from www.tremonti.net/audio.htm
else, I recommend KaZaa Lite (www.kazaalite.com) or WinMX (www.winmx.com) the rest either plain suck or contain spyware which is installed ..

creeder 02-17-2003 09:26 AM

Kazaa and win mx is the best place to download music..
But i prefer orginal cds

TeriB19 02-17-2003 10:15 AM

Thanks Steve. As usual, you saved my butt.;)

crest tattoo 02-17-2003 03:34 PM

One thing with Kazaa at least (I don't know about the others) is you have to watch out for non-Kazaa fans. Some people will put music on Kazaa that's messed up. I have downloaded a few songs from there with beeps in the middle of Scott singing. Sometimes they are from the radio and they suck. There are songs on there from when Scott sang with the Doors though. I believe there are three of those and five other songs from soundtracks that aren't on the regular 3 CDs:

Bound and Tied
I'm Eighteen
Is This the End?
To Whom it May Concern
Young Grow Old

The Doors:
Light My Fire
Riders on the Storm
Roadhouse Blues

One more thing: there are quite a few acoustic songs on Kazaa from Creed too.

Those are all the ones I have found on Kazaa. Anyone know of anymore, please let me know. Thanks.

creedlvr 02-18-2003 12:24 AM

okay ... so I am currently using Kazaa. Now I am concerned about this "spyware" thing. Is it accessible as soon as you establish a connection to the internet? If I download and set up Kazaa lite, should I uninstall Kazaa??

Also, when you say you can find a lot of these songs on Kazaa, I'm assuming you mean when a Kazaa member who has them to share is online, right? I'm just making sure that there is no particular place I could go to get what I want, instead of relying on who's logged on. (Did that make sense??)

Sorry for all the questions, any advise/help would be great!

Thanks!
:confused: :confused:

hide_tremonti 02-18-2003 04:59 AM

www.tremonti.net
Go download some audio from there.

Puj 02-18-2003 06:25 AM

cheers Sal,
as for KaZaa/ KaZaa Lite, you can find tons of live songs and stuff ..
the beeps in the songs was when the weathered album got leaked out a month or so before release, and Some people reckon that parts weren't completed and in their place were beeps..
and of course, I say it agaain, tremonti.net for live music! lol

Steve 02-18-2003 12:07 PM

The beeps are in the songs to prevent them from being pirated before they are actually released. It's the latest thing the record companies have done to prevent FULL songs from being leaked before being released. They add them into the promo discs to "ruin" the song so you'll be less likely to want to obtain them.