CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Daily Bread (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7750)

HeavenBesideYou 01-24-2007 07:28 AM

Re: Daily Bread

January 24th

"Real obedience."

Someone has said that the road to destruction is paved with good intentions. In this parable, Jesus is showing us that our actions prove our obedience or disobedience. Even though the one son had no intention of obeying, the fact that he obeyed in the end made him the obedient son. The other son said the right thing but didn't follow through, and he was therefore disobedient. We are reminded that our professions of faith are only as valid as the actions that follow them. Which brother in this story illustrates your walk with Christ?

"But what do you think about this? A man with two sons told the older boy, 'Son, go out and work in the vineyard today.' The son answered, 'No, I won't go,' but later he changed his mind and went anyway. Then the father told the other son, 'You go,' and he said, 'Yes, sir, I will.' But he didn't go. Which of the two was obeying his father?"

They replied, "The first of course."

Then Jesus explained the meaning "I assure you, corrupt tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the Kingdom of God before you do. For John the Baptist came and showed you the way to life, and you didn't believe him, while tax collectors and prostitutes did. And even when you saw this happening, you refused to turn from your sins and believe him."

Matthew 21:28-32

Obedience is the key to all doors; feelings come (or don't come) and go as God pleases. We can't produce them at will, and mustn't try.

~C S Lewis

Heaven

:pimp:

HeavenBesideYou 01-25-2007 07:30 AM

January 25th

"The way, the truth, and the life."

We are overexposed to choices. Every day someone will try to tell us that we need one more thing in order to make our lives complete. Ads tells us that we should be dissatisfied with what we have, that we need something different. The truth is, when we find what works, or what is right, or what we like, no one should be able to tell us that we're wrong. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life, and no one and nothing can ever take His place. There's no reason to try anything else.

In the Lord I take refuge.
How then can you say to me:
"Flee like a bird to your mountain".

Psalm 11:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 01-26-2007 07:05 AM

January 26th

"Humble yourselves."

That sounds obscene. At least to the culture of self-promotion and "get ahead at all cost" and "don't look back, the competition is gaining on you" it sounds obscene. Humility is a forgotten virtue. Often confused with weakness or timidity, humility is about knowing our proper place in the world without flaunting it. Only God can exalt in a permanent way, so the key is to know our place before him and let him put us in the place he chooses to honor him.

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

James 4:10

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 01-27-2007 07:38 AM

January 27th

"An expression of trust."

Parents set up rules for their children: Clean up your room, don't go anywhere with a stranger; be home by 11 p.m. The purpose, of course, is for the children's benefit and protection; loving parents are not trying to make their children miserable by given them rules to follow. And parents hope that their children will understand rules as expressions of love and concern; they hope their children's obedience will be motivated more by love than by fear of punishment. Our obedience to Christ should likewise be an expression of our trust in his care for us.

If you love me, obey my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, who will never leave you... Those who obey my commandments are the ones who love them. And because they love me, my Father will love them, and I will love them. And I will reveal myself to each one of them.

Matthew 21:28-32

Heaven

HeavensOnFire 01-27-2007 05:21 PM

AMEN AND AMEN, THE WORD OF GOD, And Parenting Sometimes Goes Hand Hand, And Bringing A child Up in the ways Of The Lord, is a struggle by itself, but one should feel secure that if we teach a child in the way he or she should go, IT SHALL INDEED NEVER PART FROM THEME,

HeavensOnFire 01-27-2007 05:42 PM

The Whole Armour Of God

Shall Indeed make one whole, TO MUCH OF A GOOD THING, IS A Good THING AMEN AND AMEN, IT INDEED NEEDS NOTHING ADDED NOR TAKEN AWAY, AMEN AND AMEN, Of what we are now witness of in todays socitiy from Davicin Codes To Omega Codes, and a world leading the word unto utter confusion, WE PROTECT OURSELFS THROUGH HIS REFUGE WHICH IS THE WHOLE ARMOUR GOD, WE NEED THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD, WHEN WE HOLD THE WORD WE HOLD HIM, AMEN, Finally my brethren BE STRONG IN THE LORD, AND IN THE POWER OF HIS MIGHT, PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD WHICH IS HIS TRUTH, THAT YE MAY BE ABLE TO STAND THATS TO STAND, THATS TO STAND, !!!!! Against The The Wiles Of The Destoyer For We Wrestle Not Against Flesh And Blood BUT AGAINST SPIRTUAL DARTS WEAPONS AND BULLETS, Against TheRulers Of Darkness, OF THIS WORLD, Wherfore TAKE ON THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD, THAT YE WILL BE ABLE TO WITHSTAND, IN THE DAYS OF WICKED TRYING TO OVERCOME US, STANDING THERFORE HAVING YOUR LOINS GIRT ABOUT WITH TRUTH AND HAVING ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS AND YOUR FEET SHOD WITH PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE ABOVE ALL TAKING THE SHIELD OF FAITH WHEREWITH YE SHALL BE ABLE TO QUNICH ALL THE FIERY DARTS OF THE WICKED AND TAKE THE HELMET OF SALVATION AND THE SWORD OF THE SPIRT WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD PRAYING ALWAYSSSSSSSSSSSS WITH PRAYERS AND SUPPLICATIONS IN THE SPIRT AND WHATCHING THEREUNTO WITH :) ALL PRESEVERANCE , AND ALL REMEMBERANCE OF MEDITATIONS AND SUPLICATIONS FOR ALL SAINTS, EPH, 6, 1, 17

HeavenBesideYou 01-28-2007 08:57 AM

January 28th

"Digging deeper."

Elijah experienced the depths of fatigue and discouragement just after his two great spiritual victories: the defeat of the prophets of Baal and the answered prayer for rain. To lead him out of depression, God first let Elijah rest and eat. Then God confronted him with the need to return to his mission in life, to be God's prophet. Elijah's battles were not over; there was still work for him to do.

Often discouragement sets in after great spiritual experiences, especially those that produce a high level of emotional excitement or that require a lot from us physically. When you feel let down after a spiritual "high," do what is necessary to restore your inner resources. And remember that God still has a purpose and plan for you.

Elijah was afraid and fled for his life... Then he went alone into the desert... He sat down under a solitary broom tree and prayed that he might die.

1 Kings 19:3-4

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 01-29-2007 06:11 AM

January 29th

"Last?"

Nobody likes to be last. We have a hard enough time settling for second place, much less last place. Jesus reverses the rank. The person who is most important to him is not the person seeking the status and notoriety. The most important person is like Jesus himself: willing to give up rank and status and importance to serve. For Jesus, last means first in service and first in the eyes of God.

Sitting down, Jesus called the twelve and said, "If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all."

Mark 9:35

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 01-30-2007 06:24 AM

January 30th

"Spiritual warfare."

How often do you forget that we are in a spiritual war? Our enemy is deceptively cunning - take away the immediacy of a threat and the danger appears gone. But he's there, always. But rather than try to guess his plans and counter all of his moves, Paul reminds us to simply take up the tools God has given us and stand up to the evil one.

Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 6:12-13

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 01-31-2007 06:02 AM

January 31st

"Hope fades?"

David's prayer recorded in this psalm essentially amounts to a simple, "Save me, I'm sinking." It's the cry of a desperate man who can't even think of helping himself. But at least David knew whom he needed to ask for help. Although he was exhausted from crying to the Lord in prayer, he kept on shouting to his God, the only one who could save him.

When waves of adversity threaten to drown you in despair, pray to God. Remember David's persistence, and keep on asking God for help...

Save me, O God, for the floodwaters are up to my neck.
Deeper and deeper I sink into the mire; I can't find a foothold to stand on.
I am in deep water, and the floods overwhelm me.
I am exhausted from crying for help; my throat is parched and dry.
My eyes are swollen with weeping, waiting for my God to help me…
But I keep right on praying to you, Lord, hoping this is the time you will show me favor.

Psalm 69:1-3, 13

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-01-2007 06:24 AM

February 1st

"What, me worry?"

Dare we suggest by our worry that some catastrophe may slip by without His notice? No, "tragedies" befell Joseph, Moses, David, Jesus, Paul, and others, and God ordained them all for good. All of these surely could have worried, examining their circumstances while going through them. But looking back, we see God's perfect plan unfolding. Therefore Jesus urges, even commands: Do not worry.

So I tell you, don't worry about everyday life, whether you have enough food, drink, and clothes.

Matthew 6:25

Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.

Psalm 55:22

Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.

Charles Spurgeon

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-02-2007 06:20 AM

February 2nd

"God is real, and no one can convince me otherwise."

Arguments against the existence of God can sound good, but they amount to nothing more than opinion in the face of fact. We walk by faith, not by sight. God is looking for faith-walkers. If we will follow what we know to be true with our hearts, instead of what we can be convinced of in our minds, then God will lead us and sustain us in all that we do.

The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

Psalm 14:2

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-03-2007 08:44 AM

February 3rd

"Cookie Cutters."

Do the people who abuse and oppress others really think there is no penalty to pay for what they do? It seems that way. Workers of iniquity who pride themselves on their brilliance and accomplishment are in fact some of the most ignorant people alive. Those who do not know the Lord, do not know much of anything. True knowledge and wisdom comes through love and respect of those around us and the one who died to make our salvation possible: Jesus Christ.

Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? Who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord.

Psalm 14:4

Heaven

HeavensOnFire 02-03-2007 11:32 PM

Gods Law Taught By Afficton

AMEN AND AMEN, AND AMEN, the precious word, PSALM 89, 48 , 49 What Man Is He That Lives And Shall Not See Death Shall He Deliver His Soul From The Hand Of The Grave? Oh GOD Of Selah...Lord Where Are Thy Former Lovingkindness Which Thou Sware Unto David IN THY TRUTH...........PSALM 119, 65 ,71, Thou hast dealt well with thy serveant O Lord Acording to thy word teach me good judgement and knowlege for i have believed thy commandments...before i was afflicted i went astray OH BUT NOWV HAVE I KEPT THY WORD, OH GOD. Thou Art Good And Doest Good Teach Me Thy Statues The Proud Have Forged A Lie Against Me BUT I WILL KEEP THY PRECEPTS WITH MY WHOLE HEART, Their Heart Isd Fast As Grease BUT I DELIGHT IN THY LAW, ...it is good for me that i have...been afflicted...that i might learn thy..statues...the law of thy mouth is better unto me than THOUSANDS OF GOLD AND SILVER,

HeavensOnFire 02-03-2007 11:45 PM

Help From The Lord

GLORY TO GOD, THE BEAUTY THAT FLOWS FROM THE LIVING GOD, I WILL LIFT UP MINE EYES UNTO THE HILLS FROM THE VALLEY GLORY TO GOD, BUT OH HOW THE FIRE BURNS IN THE VALLEY, AMEN BURNS US THROUGH AND REMINDS OF WHAT VALLEYS ARE FOR, AMEN, MY HELP COMETH FROM THE LORD WHICH MADE THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH :bounce: :bounce: HE WILL NOT SUFFER THY FOOT TO BE MOVED, EVEN IN THE VALLEY AMEN EVEN IN THE DARK, i,ve been through so much OH LORD, I Know THAT THOU ARE WITH ME, AMEN, AND TO YOU ALONE BELONGS THE GLORY HE THAT KEEPS ME WILL NOT SLUMBER, NOR SLEEP THE LORD IS THY KEEPER THE LORD IS THY SHADE UPON THY RIGHT HAND THE SUN SHALL NOT SMITE THEE BY DAY HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, GLORY TO GOD ,NOR BY THE MOON BY NIGHT THE LORD SHALL PRESERVE THEE FROM ALL EVIL HE SHALL PRESERVE THY SOUL, Psalm 121 1,7