CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Costume Ideas! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=323)

Aimee 10-23-2002 03:18 PM

Costume Ideas!

OK spill it, what are your halloween plans? Are any of you wearing costumes? What are your kids wearing? Are you going to watch the "Great Pumpkin"? If so, can you tell me when and where it will be on? Are you going to carve pumpkins? Parties? What's the best candy these days?

I am going to wear a pioneer woman's dress that I made this summer. My first major sewing experience (more later). I love pretending like I'm from another era. It makes me think of history too! I want to carve pumpkins. I've never been good at that but you can soak the seeds in water, strain and bake them with salt. Yummm. I love halloween because it gives me a chance to step into someone else's experience, if only for one night. It's a celebration of Imagination these days, like Mardi Gras, and it's fun! :party: :party2:

DISCLAIMER:
This thread is intended for entertainment purposes only. Please do not try this at home. All opinions driven on a closed course by proffesionals. NOT INTENDED FOR RELIGIOUS DEBATE Do not remove tags, except by consumer, under penalty of law.

GoodGodGirl23 10-23-2002 03:29 PM

My Mercedes is gonna be a hippie..:)

hayley 10-23-2002 07:36 PM

that's not scary, that's cool!
i might go trick or treating with my friends this year, don't know what i'll be though.

Dogstar 10-23-2002 08:00 PM

I'll be working:(

Scutley 10-23-2002 08:45 PM

I'M TO OLD TO TRICK OR TREAT IM GOING TO HAUNTED HOUSES :grr:

Pittock 10-23-2002 08:47 PM

I am going to both my kids parties at school, one w/ kindergarteners and one w/ 3rd graders. They are going to be a dragon and Snow White. We always watch the great pumpkin. I don't think we'll trick or treat. There has already been snow here and I think the parties will give them enough sugar zing!!

TeriB19 10-23-2002 08:55 PM

Aimee you crack me up girl!! After scouring the TV Guide for the coming week, The Great Pumpkin will be on this coming Friday night 10/25 on ABC at 8pm (e.s.t.) followed by Boo! To You Winnie the Pooh. I have the Charlie Brown one on video along with A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (popcorn, jellybeans and toast, my favorite dinner) and A Charlie Brown Christmas. Haven't decided who's taking the kids out and who's staying home to give out the goodies. We live in a really safe development so people from all over the area drive here, park at the entrance to the development and let their kids loose. We usually get at least 250 kids (that's a LOT of candy). Not carving pumpkins (don't trust my oldest with a knife yet;) ) but my husband keeps asking me every year to dress up like a witch (I have a jet black cat with bright green eyes) he says it would look really cool with the cat. I think he should just go pound sand.

TeriB19 10-23-2002 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pittock
I am going to both my kids parties at school, one w/ kindergarteners and one w/ 3rd graders. They are going to be  a dragon and Snow White. We always watch the great pumpkin. I don't think we'll trick or treat. There has already been snow here and I think the parties will give them enough sugar zing!!

My oldest is having a party in her classroom so they'll all dress up (Powerpuff Girls Bubbles and Blossom this year). I am making a really cute treat for the class, spider-looking treats made by making peanut butter sandwiches on crackers and two raisins stuck to the top of the cracker with peanut butter for eyes. And chow mein noodles down each side to look like legs. Kids love gross things and what's grosser than eating something that looks like a spider?

hayley 10-23-2002 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Scutley
I'M TO OLD TO TRICK OR TREAT IM GOING TO HAUNTED HOUSES :grr:

NO ONE is to old to trick or treat!!!!!!;)

Dogstar 10-23-2002 11:11 PM

LOL, I did it right through high school. We had some very elaborate costumes back then, too. It was fun.

hayley 10-23-2002 11:13 PM

see? trick or treating if for everyone of ALL ages!!!!!:P

Siana 10-25-2002 08:20 AM

:P

TeriB19 10-25-2002 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
LOL, I did it right through high school. We had some very elaborate costumes back then, too. It was fun.

Me too. Our crowd got dressed up every year until almost graduation. We'd go out with the younger kids (sorta like babysitters) and just all have a blast.

Ruby 10-25-2002 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GoodGodGirl23
My Mercedes is gonna be a hippie..:)

My Kristen is being a hippie too! My Lindsay is being her current obsession Harry Potter.

Siana 10-25-2002 10:30 AM

Harry Potter????????:throwup: