CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Order your Creed/AB albums in oder of..... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7536)

DekWannaBFlea 09-27-2004 12:53 PM

Order your Creed/AB albums in order of.....

Best to "Worst"

1. One day remains-AB (tied)
1. MOP-creed (tied)
3. Weathered- (Creed)
4. Human Clay (creed)

Now for all you people who are like, "You can't compare them", i don't give a crap, if you post, post your rankings, not your bitching. I am interested to see what you think.

The Lithium 09-27-2004 12:59 PM

1) One Day Remains
2) Weathered
3) Human Clay
4) My Own Prison
5) Second Skin
6) Fallout

heinzel 09-27-2004 01:21 PM

1) Human Clay
2) One Day remains (cause i've seen them live)
3) My Own Prison
4) Weathered

The Lithium 09-27-2004 01:28 PM

Dude, I've seen AB live as well!! I'm a swede, and I saw and met 'em in London, where did you catch 'em?

revisfoot 09-27-2004 01:36 PM

Best to Worst

Human Clay
One Day Remains
My Own Prison
Second Skin
Weathered

The Lithium 09-27-2004 01:40 PM

Interesting, you like Second Skin more than Weathered? Well, it's a great album!!

Sicky 09-27-2004 02:23 PM

Human Clay and One Day Remains (on the same level) are a liiiiiiiiiiittle bit better than MY Own Prison and Weathered (also one level) :rolleyes:

The Lithium 09-27-2004 02:36 PM

Well, fair enough!! :D

Sicky 09-27-2004 02:40 PM

At least I tried :D

DekWannaBFlea 09-27-2004 02:57 PM

Weathered beats all of the creed albums if you judge by technicality....But why would you pick human clay as one? (I am just wondering) It lacks emtional change compared to the others. Plus many songs on HC sound a lot alike. just my opinion though.

StillACreedFan 09-27-2004 03:09 PM

Weathered
Human Clay
ODR
My own prison

All great though.

The Lithium 09-27-2004 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea
Plus many songs on HC sound a lot alike. just my opinion though.

I thought that as well for a long time, but not anymore though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillACreedFan
All great though.

Amen!

StillACreedFan 09-27-2004 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM
I thought that as well for a long time, but not anymore though.

Amen!

I think that after weathered all of the other three albums are pretty much equal.

benkenobi 09-27-2004 04:44 PM

Man this is a tough one, but "Human Clay" was the album that brought everything into light music-wise and what-not for me. They are all pretty amazing in their own ways though.

1. Human Clay
2. One Day Remains
3. My Own Prison
4. Weathered

Jooji_2 09-27-2004 07:07 PM

1. My Own Prison
2. Human Clay
3. Weathered

:D

aussiecreeder 09-27-2004 08:51 PM

1.One Day Remains
2.My Own Prison
3.Weathered
4.Human Clay

Trees of Wisdom 09-27-2004 11:05 PM

1. One Day Remains
2. My Own Prison
3. Human Clay
4. Second Skin
5. Weathered
6. Fallout

RMadd 09-28-2004 12:00 AM

1 One Day Remains
1 Human Clay
1.5 My Own Prison
4 Weathered
and not to piss people off intentionally or anything, but i don't understand how people rank it better than HC. it's pretty near the same thing, except for it's even more formula-oriented (translation: album sales-driven), and it's the 2nd time they tried doing the 4:00-5:00 hard rockin' song (Higher vs. My Sacrifice) and ballad (WAWO vs. OLB). sorry, but i was fairly disappointed w/ Weathered when it first dropped, and it still hasn't grown on me that much.

what's this "Second Skin" and "Fallout" i'm reading about here?

heinzel 09-28-2004 03:16 AM

second skin and fallout r the albums from the mayfield four, which i thing doesn't belong here.

aussiecreeder 09-28-2004 04:16 AM

for me there are too many songs on human clay which sound too much alike. weathered perhaps was too formulaic but it had more range and scott's vocals were better although it missed brian. not too sure why people are mentioning mayfield four albums either.

svens a svens 09-28-2004 09:56 AM

1. My Own Prison
2. One Day Remains
3. Human Clay
4. Weathered

I put MOP first because it has a lot more creativity, originality, and innovative riffs than any of the others. ODR is number two cuz it's just so well done and they all really show off their talent. I put HC in third cuz it still has some originality, but with more of a commercial mainstream sound. I loved Weathered when I first got it, but as I continued to listen to it I realized there was very little originality and innovation.

peace and love yall...

~svens a svens~

RMadd 09-28-2004 10:30 AM

yeah, i guess a significant number of songs are really similar, but it's the first album i really really really got into, so it's on top of my list. plus, i have the japanese import, w/ 6 bonus tracks, so that might be part of why i list it a little bit Higher (no pun intended)

Pipster 09-28-2004 11:35 AM

1 My Own Prison
2 One Day Remains
3 Human Clay
4 Weathered

Torn Daredevil 09-28-2004 03:26 PM

Fave to Least Fave (Followed by a "must-read" essay/rant)

My Own Prison
Weathered
One Day Remains
Human Clay

My Own Prison is one of the best rock albums ever and they guys will never surpass it. Even people who didn't like most of Creed's stuff will acknowledge this was an amazing album. It should not even be up for debate. This IS their best album, and they would not be anywhere without it. Neither of their other albums alone would have garnered the attention or praise MOP received.

Weathered is one of the most heterogenous rock albums ever created, that certain people were disappointed in. Well, If you want an album to "flow" or have all the songs sound similar, don't listen to this album (listen to Human Clay LOL). This was a hell of accomplishment though (8 weeks at #1, HE-LLO!) and probably one of the best cross-genres rock albums ever. They made something for everyone to like, and many of you assholes wanted an album stricly to appeal to your EXACT, CERTAIN, PARTICULAR tastes. How selfish of you...

One Day Remains is a good, solid rock album with catchy melodies and rocking choruses. It's not quite the rock opus it wants to be, but is better than most rock albums out today, and is definately not the same song on repeat 11 times. While several songs are almost perfectly written rock/pop radio hits (OYE, Broken Wings), it is not "the savior of rock and roll music" as some have proclaimed (settle down! you know who you are!). I enjoy a good solo as much as anybody, but there are A LOT of them, maybe a few too many (possibly because Tremonti is getting them out of his system after holding them in all those years, due to a lead singer who didn't want the spotlight on anybody but him...I still love Stapp as a singer...don't get me wrong).

Human Clay was a good album. Some of the songs were a little lackluster or sounded similar to a few others, but if you could get past that or even ENJOY it, the CD is a very good listen. I'm sad to say this is my least fave album by these guys, because this album has 2 of my favorites songs, Higher and What If, but this was the unavoidable "sophmore slump." Still very good though. I must say however, I still like every Creed song (except maybe "Sister" LOL). Could someone explain to me how "Wrong Way" and "Never Die" are all that different from each other musically?

To summarize, I think all of you who hate Weathered are crazy, not seeing it for what it was. Creed really matured musically with that album and were bound to piss some people off with a song called "Bullets" and a song called "Lullaby" on opposite ends of the same album. I'm sorry if some songs were too soft or too hard, but as a musician, you are trying to appeal to the most varied audience possible, not writing the music for yourself. Human Clay is a good album that is a little repetitive. One Day Remains is an awesome rock album, but certainly not "the savior of rock and roll"... My Own Prison was amazing and still is. I love Alter Bridge and think Myles Kennedy is a better singer than Stapp ever was or ever will be. However, it is sooooo hard to separate them from Creed, since they are 3/4 Creed and Stapp just had a very unique and cool voice. I like Brian Marshall, but re-hiring him for AB was a mistake. Selling AB as half of Creed but still detaching them from Creed would have been much easier than doing the same with 3/4 of Creed. I hope AB gets to make more music and is successful, but part of me wonders about the 4th Creed that never (?) will get made. I guess things weren't meant to turn out that way...

Jon (TornDaredevil) signing out

RMadd 09-28-2004 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellboy
My Own Prison is one of the best rock albums ever and they guys will never surpass it. Even people who didn't like most of Creed's stuff will acknowledge this was an amazing album. It should not even be up for debate. This IS their best album, and they would not be anywhere without it. Neither of their other albums alone would have garnered the attention or praise MOP received.

I won't disagree w/ you here... it is quite impressive that they had 4 #1 singles from a debut album. perhaps i slighted it a bit by placing it @ 1.5

Quote:

Weathered is one of the most heterogenous rock albums ever created, that certain people were disappointed in. Well, If you want an album to "flow" or have all the songs sound similar, don't listen to this album (listen to Human Clay LOL). This was a hell of accomplishment though (8 weeks at #1, HE-LLO!) and probably one of the best cross-genres rock albums ever. They made something for everyone to like, and many of you assholes wanted an album stricly to appeal to your EXACT, CERTAIN, PARTICULAR tastes. How selfish of you...

The album didn't necessarily spend that long @ #1 b/c it was good. I mean, if I remember correctly, it was either NSYNC or Britney Spears that was challenging them in album sales on the Billboard list @ the time. I generally don't go by album sales when considering whether an album's good or not. esp when people bought all those in the first few weeks for one main reason: the anticipation leftover from such a great album as Human Clay. I guarantee you, had HC not done as well as it did, Weathered would not have done as well. Its success was a result of that of HC, plain and simple. Plus, their hit singles from Weathered, OLB & My Sacrifice, continue in the mainstream post-grunge vein that worked so well for them on HC.
Quote:

Human Clay was a good album. Some of the songs were a little lackluster or sounded similar to a few others, but if you could get past that or even ENJOY it, the CD is a very good listen. I'm sad to say this is my least fave album by these guys, because this album has 2 of my favorites songs, Higher and What If, but this was the unavoidable "sophmore slump." Still very good though. I must say however, I still like every Creed song (except maybe "Sister" LOL). Could someone explain to me how "Wrong Way" and "Never Die" are all that different from each other musically?

Sophomore slump? I guess since you're so interested in album sales as an indicator of how good an album is (see Weathered remarks) you'll also notice that HC is 11x platinum in the US, according to the RIAA. And it's a good thing Wrong Way and Never Die are probably my least favorite songs on the album. And Weathered isn't quite as differentiated as you might think. Freedom Fighter and Bullets? Sure, they're different. But the theme of Bullets is quite similar to that of What If. Who's Got My Back? Only thing that makes it unique is that Indian dealywhopper at the beginning of the song. Otherwise, the rest is not that different from anything else. There's nothing particularly original about the lyrics in Weathered, just more or less your same-old-same-old post-grunge themes.

Quote:

To summarize, I think all of you who hate Weathered are crazy, not seeing it for what it was. Creed really matured musically with that album and were bound to piss some people off with a song called "Bullets" and a song called "Lullaby" on opposite ends of the same album. I'm sorry if some songs were too soft or too hard, but as a musician, you are trying to appeal to the most varied audience possible, not writing the music for yourself. Human Clay is a good album that is a little repetitive. One Day Remains is an awesome rock album, but certainly not "the savior of rock and roll"... My Own Prison was amazing and still is. I love Alter Bridge and think Myles Kennedy is a better singer than Stapp ever was or ever will be. However, it is sooooo hard to separate them from Creed, since they are 3/4 Creed and Stapp just had a very unique and cool voice. I like Brian Marshall, but re-hiring him for AB was a mistake. Selling AB as half of Creed but still detaching them from Creed would have been much easier than doing the same with 3/4 of Creed. I hope AB gets to make more music and is successful, but part of me wonders about the 4th Creed that never (?) will get made. I guess things weren't meant to turn out that way...

I believe you, my friend, are the crazy one, given that you place such high value in album sales, yet prefer Weathered over HC. And the names really don't do a whole lot as far as creating musical distinctions. Switchfoot has a song titled "Ammunition", and there's nothing particularly dark or brooding about that one. So just sit back, concentrate a little more on how formulated Weathered is, and remember how much Weathered owes its success to HC.

aussiecreeder 09-28-2004 08:30 PM

not hiring brian would have done nothing to get rid of the creed comparisons. its mark that gives the signature sound and whether its 3/4 or 1/2 of creed some people would never be pleased.

Dogstar 09-28-2004 08:35 PM

1. My Own Prison
2. Human Clay
3. Fallout
4. One Day Remains
5. Second Skin
6. Weathered
:D

Dogstar 09-28-2004 08:52 PM

Quote:

To summarize, I think all of you who hate Weathered are crazy, not seeing it for what it was. Creed really matured musically with that album ...
Heh, not really sure matured is the proper word :D. That album, while I enjoy some of the songs, seems more contrived than anthying else. To me, Weathered was made to make money, and the guys have even said it was a bit rushed. My guess is, Wind-Up/JHMP had a lot more of a hand in the sound than Creed would have liked because they wanted to milk the cash cow as long as they could. Hence the ridiculous touring scheduled during Weathered. BearFan is right, I think Weathered's success rode the coattails of Human Clay.

Quote:

I'm sorry if some songs were too soft or too hard, but as a musician, you are trying to appeal to the most varied audience possible, not writing the music for yourself.
Not all musicians have that same attitude. Some of the ones I like have been quoted as saying something to the effect of: Here's our music; if you like it, great, if not, tough shit. Most of those artists make better music, IMO, because they at least try to stay true to themselves and create from the heart.

DekWannaBFlea 09-29-2004 12:27 AM

Quote:

One Day Remains is a good, solid rock album with catchy melodies and rocking choruses. It's not quite the rock opus it wants to be, but is better than most rock albums out today, and is definately not the same song on repeat 11 times. While several songs are almost perfectly written rock/pop radio hits (OYE, Broken Wings), it is not "the savior of rock and roll music" as some have proclaimed (settle down! you know who you are!). I enjoy a good solo as much as anybody, but there are A LOT of them, maybe a few too many (possibly because Tremonti is getting them out of his system after holding them in all those years, due to a lead singer who didn't want the spotlight on anybody but him...I still love Stapp as a singer...don't get me wrong).

1. A lot of solos? Only about half of the songs on One day remains have solos. So i don't understand where you are coming from. Maybe you aren't use to badass guitar work.

2. YOur critique of One day ramains is too many solos and the singer? ok.... get to some details.

3. Nobody has declared it the savior of rock and roll, we just think its a great album in a world of ass (IE Rock music as it is today)

Torn Daredevil 09-29-2004 12:32 AM

Defending my essay:

I didn't emphasize album sales over everything else. I simply stated that while many were disappointed in Weathered, the band obviously did something right because it sold very well. I do believe "matured" IS the proper word to describe that album. It was unlike their previous two efforts, and was quite varied, stretching Stapp and Tremonti in all sorts of directions musically. I did not mean to compare song names (Bullets and Lullaby), but styles within the same album. Because the band tried to please everyone with the album, there was some content that certain people did not like.

I don't understand some of you. Albums ARE made to make money. You don't see many bands touring repeatedly if they are not successful. They get dropped from the label, and do they continue to record and tour? No. They wake up to reality and do something that can make them a living. Don't kid yourself. When musicians write, they are writing for hits. Otherwise you would get 15 minute Tremonti songs with nothing but shredding. While this would make a select few happy, it would not be "popular" and sell records. Many of you have delusions of grandeur that "music" is all about music and nothing else. If you understand how the business world works at all, you will understand this. Especially all of you who hate Wind-Up...

Success is part sales and part the album being well received. However, these things usually go hand in hand. For an album to be "well received" it has to be out on the market in mass numbers. This equals good sales.

Also, I meant "sophomore slump" not as a bad album, but as their weakest album, musically, even though it sold well due to outstanding singles (which I noted as some of my favorite songs).

If you disagree with me, fine, but you need to look at this from all angles, not just yours.

AND! to clarify my critique of One Day Remains. I love the album. Myles is an outstanding singer (technically better than Stapp). There are many awesome songs. But, LOTS of people (esp. on ABBand.net) have hailed the album as "the savior of rock and roll" and "the greatest rock album of all time." Go look for yourself. I agree with you. It's a great, solid rock album today when there are a lot of crap bands out there.

And I play guitar and like solos, but there are a lot on this album. Solos are fun but don't *always* add to the song. Just look at The Darkness. They are great, but the solos are all for show. Every song on that album has a solo and it's rather annoying (although I love that album). At some point shredding gets to the point of the guitarist showing off...

Dogstar 09-29-2004 12:54 AM

Quote:

Because the band tried to please everyone with the album, there was some content that certain people did not like.
Therein lies the problem. Them trying to please everybody, rock and pop audiences.

I'm not naive enough to think that music is JUST about the music, because a lot of them wouldn't be in it if they couldn't make a decent living. However, there is a certain amount of artisitic integrity some artists aren't willing to give up, and yeah, so they don't make millions, but they make enough to live on because they want to do it their way.

Quote:

Success is part sales and part the album being well received

Success is also about the creative process. Just completing something like an album is success in some artists' eyes.

Dani 09-29-2004 01:35 AM

1. My Own Prison
2. Human Clay
3. One Day Remains (Would of been higher if not for the lyrics)
4. Weathered

DekWannaBFlea 09-29-2004 04:41 AM

[quote=Hellboy]
I don't understand some of you. Albums ARE made to make money. You don't see many bands touring repeatedly if they are not successful. They get dropped from the label, and do they continue to record and tour? No. They wake up to reality and do something that can make them a living. Don't kid yourself. When musicians write, they are writing for hits. Otherwise you would get 15 minute Tremonti songs with nothing but shredding. While this would make a select few happy, it would not be "popular" and sell records. Many of you have delusions of grandeur that "music" is all about music and nothing else. If you understand how the business world works at all, you will understand this. Especially all of you who hate Wind-Up...
[quote]

Ill just say that Albums don't make money tours do. But albums get to tours....Also i would contend that tremonti and the gang aren't in it for the money because if they were they woulld just do what creed did and play straight pop songs like some of creeds. They just want their music to be heard. I will argue more if you respond.

Torn Daredevil 09-29-2004 10:56 AM

Albums make the label money, but in order to make money off of touring, the album needs to be successful. So, the albums are made to make money. I would also argue that AB is not in it for the money. But, ask yourself, would they continue to do it if the money wasn't there? The answer is no.

The Lithium 09-29-2004 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dani
3. One Day Remains (Would of been higher if not for the lyrics)

What, the lyrics are awesome!!

Torn Daredevil 09-29-2004 06:43 PM

The lyrics are OK. Some of the lines are just incorrect or don't make sense. "To the ones in which we sing..." Ummmmm okay. That's where I miss Stapp the most - as a lyricist. But Myles is a great lyricist so maybe they'll kick ass on the next album. Tremonti is great at writing music, and okay at writing lyrics. He just needs to polish them a bit... I am sure I could come up with some more examples if I had a minute...

Dogstar 09-29-2004 06:44 PM

Quote:

The lyrics are OK. Some of the lines are just incorrect or don't make sense. "To the ones in which we sing..." Ummmmm okay. That's where I miss Stapp the most - as a lyricist. But Myles is a great lyricist so maybe they'll kick ass on the next album. Tremonti is great at writing music, and okay at writing lyrics.

Agreed.

DekWannaBFlea 09-29-2004 08:12 PM

Quote:

Albums make the label money, but in order to make money off of touring, the album needs to be successful. So, the albums are made to make money. I would also argue that AB is not in it for the money. But, ask yourself, would they continue to do it if the money wasn't there? The answer is no.

You don't know that i don't know that.

aussiecreeder 09-29-2004 09:10 PM

mark is certainly a good lyrcrist but stapp is easily a better writer IMO. next album i am hoping myles writes more of the lyrics (fallout has some great lyrics and second skin is also preddy good) and he writes a fair bit of the music as well. mark writes the majority of the music because he is one of the best in the world at that. they can't only work to their strengths because then their weaker areas would never improve however.

Dani 09-30-2004 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM
What, the lyrics are awesome!!

There OK, solid but I wouldn't call them awesome. One of the reasons why I loved Creed so much was for the lyrics and the feeling and messages that they had. Other than "In Loving Memory" the rest of lyrics don't do a whole lot for me. As well as what Hellboy said, there are some lines in some of the songs which leave me scratching my head.

I'm looking forward to later on when Myles has some more involvement in this area. I think AB will really hit their straps then.