CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Scott Stapp and....Jamie Foxx? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7031)

Shadow 07-07-2004 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alter_Rocker
Rock music is my soul, it is who I am, all I listen too.

Me too Hayley. That's why I am concerned about this 7 Aurelius connection. But remember Scott did say on Craig Kilborn that he is not a rapper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
If throws some jokes at it people will know a side of him that they're not used to. As long it's not low jokes, it will be good for him.

Marcos, I get the impression that this is a musical CD, not a comedy CD. I tried to find some more information out about it, but I haven't had any luck yet.

musiclover291 07-07-2004 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
That might come out really interesting. If throws some jokes at it people will know a side of him that they're not used to. As long it's not low jokes, it will be good for him.

But Hayley has a point. It seems Stapp is haging out with the wrong crowd latelly! Like I said, it seems. I'm not trying to judge anyone here.

What is the wrong crowd rappers vs. rockers. What's the difference?

Both have negative and postive influences.

musiclover291 07-07-2004 10:33 PM

Quote:

We all have different opinions, thanks very much.

I'm not narrow minded. Sorry for speaking my opinion, geesh.

I know. I still do support him, but I am just unhappy right now about the choises that he has made so far. I am still going to support him, and I will still buy his album, right now I am just unsure about what it will sound like, seeing as who he is working with. I'm just unsure, that's all I can say.

I'm hoping he will. I will give this a chance, I do still believe in Scott, and I will support him with whatever he does, but if I don't like the music he comes out with, then I can't help the way I feel. Rock music is my soul, it is who I am, all I listen too. I will give him a chance, though.

I respect that rock music is your soul maybe Scott will open the doors for some of his rock fans to learn to love R&B and rap.

hayley 07-07-2004 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Me too Hayley. That's why I am concerned about this 7 Aurelius connection. But remember Scott did say on Craig Kilborn that he is not a rapper.

Yes, you have a point there. I really hope he doesn't turn to that side though. I do respect the fact that everyone loves different kinds of music, but I am just passionate about the music that I listen to and don't love any other kind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiclover291
I respect that rock music is your soul maybe Scott will open the doors for some of his rock fans to learn to love R&B and rap.

Hmm. Interesting. I don't really know what to say, because I dislike R&B and rap, and all the music in between. It just doesn't appeal to me. It would be really, really strange to see Stapp out there in the rap industry, and I don't know if I could turn to that side of music just because Stapp is a lyrical genious, as I hate rap music. And also I think Stapps lyrics will change if he is going to be working with a rap producer, and rap artists. :(

musiclover291 07-07-2004 11:33 PM

Quote:

Yes, you have a point there. I really hope he doesn't turn to that side though. I do respect the fact that everyone loves different kinds of music, but I am just passionate about the music that I listen to and don't love any other kind.

Hmm. Interesting. I don't really know what to say, because I dislike R&B and rap, and all the music in between. It just doesn't appeal to me. It would be really, really strange to see Stapp out there in the rap industry, and I don't know if I could turn to that side of music just because Stapp is a lyrical genious, as I hate rap music. And also I think Stapps lyrics will change if he is going to be working with a rap producer, and rap artists. :(

I understand I love all music but rock is also my soul. But I am trying to remain open until I hear Stapp's project before passing any judgement. I guess I have a little more faith in this project because I have heard some rock, r&b and rap collaborations that have been great.

hayley 07-07-2004 11:41 PM

And I guess the reason I think so differently is because I don't like any rap and R&B music. So for Stapp to become involved in both of these, it feels weird and I didn't see it coming, which is why I am not open to it at all. But, like I keep on saying, I do believe in Stapp and hope that he will keep to rock.

Dogstar 07-08-2004 12:34 AM

I'm with Hayley on this one. I'm not really happy with the direction he's going in. If he goes all Miami Sound Machine on us, I won't be buying that album. And I love the man's voice, don't get me wrong. But I'm not really and R&B girl or a Snoop Dogg kind of fan.

hayley 07-08-2004 12:39 AM

Yeah, and it's hard because when rock music is such a big part of your life, you can't just turn head to a whole different kind of music, because of one man. Stapp is amazing, a very talented song writer, but the music plays a big part in the making of a band, obviously. It's hard because I love Stapp, but I hate rap music.

Ann Allusion 07-08-2004 01:18 AM

After reading this thread thru...that's i guess where i differ from a lot of you...i love music...all music...even have gotten into a bit of rap...not a lot, 'cause it has to grow on ya...but rap is very poetic if you listen to it close enough...

everyone has their prefered tastes in music...but as i see it's like jumping into cold water...until you try it, you don't know how refreshing it can be...

And that is what i think about all the stuff we keep hearing stapp is doing...it will be refreshing...a breath of fresh air...everyone will see just how much talent this man does have...that he can wear many caps and they will all look good on him...;)

~peace

hayley 07-08-2004 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Allusion
but rap is very poetic if you listen to it close enough...

That's what I can't see. I can't see any art, and content to rap. My brother forced me to listen to an Eminem song one day, I did, and I just can't see any potential to it. There is just nothing there, where as with rock, it just fills my soul with an emotion that I can't explain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Allusion
that he can wear many caps and they will all look good on him...;)

Seriously, can you see Stapp rapping? Or mixing rap with rock? :eek:

Dogstar 07-08-2004 01:57 AM

Not everyone shares the same tastes in music. I for one am not a big rap fan, at least not what I have heard. The closest I come to it is Rage Against the Machine, and it's the music (mainly Tom Morello's guitar playing) and the beat that got me into them. And R&B (at least the current scene) just doesn't move me the way rock or other genres of music do. I love jazz, classical, blues and even some pop, but today's R&B scene does nothing for me.

aussiecreeder 07-08-2004 02:50 AM

some older rap is okay like the beastie boys (who are still cool) and old r and b like marvin gaye and stevie wonder. current day stuff at least in the mainstream is terrible though, although eminiem is probably a diamond amongst the rough.

Dogstar 07-08-2004 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
some older rap is okay like the beastie boys (who are still cool) and old r and b like marvin gaye and stevie wonder. current day stuff at least in the mainstream is terrible though, although eminiem is probably a diamond amongst the rough.

Agreed. I forgot about the Beastie Boys. I like them, their older stuff, anyway.

SandMan 07-08-2004 07:28 AM

Love that guy. And I like a mix of metal and rap, gets my heart pumping.

listen to "Fuel" by Metallica and then "No Scrubs" by TLC or Nelly "Air Force One", and a little country in the middle "A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE" by Hank Williams Jr.

You know, keeps me well balanced and opens the mind.

Shadow 07-08-2004 07:33 AM

Let me clear something up here. Scott has said himself he will not be rapping. He said he is a rock singer. So let's not jump to conclusions just because he is not working with your typical "rock people".

And as far as rap goes. I am soooo not a fan. But, I do like Linkin Park alot and they do their own type of "rapping" which is really cool.