CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Heaven at all? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3269)

alive_in_Jesus 07-25-2003 12:38 AM

With everything I've read that he's posted so far, my head has been yelling "Yes! Yes! Amen to that!"

Samuel 07-25-2003 11:24 AM

The Word of God,Melissa 1 Peter 1-11. and thank you for asking,if you are unsure always inquire.Praise God.May he help with your search.Amen!God bless!

Lechium 07-25-2003 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Samuel
When believers die they go to live with the Lord for eternity.Which is heaven.Amen!

Dont you think that being stuck anywhere for eternety is kinda boring, and borderlines prison?

Samuel 07-25-2003 04:45 PM

One day you too shall find the truth and I hope that you come to your senses before its too late.God is supreme authority and Jesus is the only way.Amen!

Lechium 07-25-2003 04:48 PM

The world is not black and white.
There is always more than one way.
Jesus can be one of them, but I choose not to follow it.

creedfan47a 07-25-2003 10:15 PM

I think the point Melissa was trying to get at, when she asked "what is your basis for believing that?", is: Why do you believe that believers go to live with the Lord for eternity when they die?

I don't know what kinda Bible you're using, Samuel, but mine says at 1 Peter 1:11: "They kept on investigating what particular season or what sort of [season] the spirit in them was indicating concerning Christ when it was bearing witness beforehand about the sufferings for Christ and about the glories to follow these."

Can you explain why you put that verse in your post? I'm confused. :confused:

Samuel 07-25-2003 10:29 PM

Verses 1:1 - 11 NIV

Samuel 07-25-2003 10:37 PM

Also Revelation 21:1 - 9 NIV.Thanks for asking.

creedfan47a 07-25-2003 10:45 PM

Well, in my Bible, the verses in 1 Peter are talking about the small group of anointed ones who are going to heaven, but that does not include every "believer". Revelation 14:1 gives the exact number of those who are going to heaven to live as immortal spirit creatures - 144,000. And Revelation 21:1-9 talks about the new heaven (new government to rule over mankind) and new earth (righteous mankind). It does not, to me, say that all believers will go to heaven.

Samuel 07-25-2003 11:04 PM

Now go to John 3:16

Samuel 07-25-2003 11:15 PM

So therefore if you believe in God`s Son Jesus you are a believer and you shall have everlasting life.

ZION1010 07-26-2003 01:16 AM

INDEED FOR those who dont get it every knee shall bale and everey tounge confess that JESUS CHRIST IS KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS

StappsSaviour 07-26-2003 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lechium
The world is not black and white.
There is always more than one way.
Jesus can be one of them, but I choose not to follow it.

i like your way of reasoning
its very easy to understand!
and i like wot u say
its good!!!

creedfan47a 08-01-2003 07:54 AM

Quote:

Now go to John 3:16

Quote:

So therefore if you believe in God`s Son Jesus you are a believer and you shall have everlasting life.

My John 3:16 says: "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life."

IMO, you need to do more than just "believe in God's Son Jesus" to have everlasting life.

But, anyway, "everlasting life" does not necessarily mean eternal life in heaven, which is what you were implying when you said: "When believers die they go to live with the Lord for eternity.Which is heaven.Amen!" If you look up Psalm 37:29, it says "The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it." It does not say that all believers go to live in heaven forever; it says that the righteous will live on the earth forever.

Samuel 08-01-2003 11:43 AM

Do not be like the Pharisees John 6:40 do not add to what He says.Works alone will not get you into the kingdom.Believe in Him and you shall be saved.As for God living with His people Revelation 21:1-7.Thank you.