CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New Bruce Springsteen Album This Fall (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6380)

SmilinSkullRing 04-21-2004 06:05 PM

New Bruce Springsteen Album This Fall

From http://www.backstreets.com

BREAKING NEWS... SONY SEZ: NEW SPRINGSTEEN STUDIO ALBUM DUE THIS FALL

At the big Sony sales meeting this week, much of the excitement revolved around Prince's presence in the building. But to us (with all due respect to the purple one), the big news regards the Artist Currently Known as Springsteen. As an industry source tells Backstreets, label sales reps have just been informed by Sony that a new studio album from Springsteen is planned for later this year -- that's right, a mere two years and change after The Rising. No further details at the moment -- no title, no release date, no recording info (though word has it that Bruce has been logging hours in his home studio this year). And as always, we've gotta maintain a believe-it-when-we-see-it outlook when it comes to a new Springsteen record (he's changed his mind before). But according to the ones who'll be selling his Rising follow-up, it's not too much further up the road.
-------------------------------------------------

Got my fingers crossed that it's true. Also hope it's full band though I love Bruce solo.

Now, I need money. Lots and lots of money. :D ;)

Dogstar 04-21-2004 07:43 PM

LOL, SmilinSkullRing...this is cool news. Thanks for the info!

Lechium 04-21-2004 08:13 PM

Get ready to flame me, kids.

Springsteen is pretty boring musically, and lyricly even more so... no fresh ideas for years had came from him... my folks actually bough his last cd for some wierd reason, but never even finished listning to it for the first time i think lol

SmilinSkullRing 04-21-2004 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lechium

Springsteen is pretty boring musically, and lyricly even more so... no fresh ideas for years had came from him... my folks actually bough his last cd for some wierd reason, but never even finished listning to it for the first time i think lol

Hmm, nah you are wrong. Musically he draws from the great rock acts to bring his own sound. He's paved his way and many people call him an influence. Lyrically he is one of the best of all-time. He's up there with Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash. Of course, you can argue that Dylan is better and you will have valid points nonetheless Bruce stands the test of time with his lyrics.

His last cd isn't his best, but it's pretty damn good and a classic. You won't find many artists in the industry for 30 years still putting out relevant and fresh music instead of just rehashing the past.

Examples that clearly show he's great lyrically. I would say better than Creed (which he is), but from reading your posts it wouldn't matter because it seems you don't care for Creed.

Note: not complete songs

Lost In The Flood

That pure American brother, dull-eyed and empty-faced
races Sundays in Jersey in a Chevy stock super eight
He rides 'er low on the hip, on the side he's got Bound For Glory in red, white and blue flash paint
He leans on the hood telling racing stories, the kids call him Jimmy The Saint
Well the blaze and noise boy, he's gunnin' that bitch loaded to blastin' point
He rides head first into a hurricane and disappears into a point
And there's nothin' left but some blood where the body fell
That is, nothin' left that you could sell
just junk all across the horizon, a real highwayman's farewell
And he said "Hey kid, you think that's oil? Man, that ain't oil that's blood"
I wonder what he was thinking when he hit that storm
Or was he just lost in the flood?
Eighth Avenue sailors in satin shirts whisper in the air
Some storefront incarnation of Maria, she's puttin' on me the stare
and Bronx's best apostle stands with his hand on his own hardware
Everything stops, you hear five, quick shots, the cops come up for air
And now the whiz-bang gang from uptown, they're shootin' up the street
And that cat from the Bronx starts lettin' loose
but he gets blown right off his feet
And some kid comes blastin' round the corner but a cop puts him right away
He lays on the street holding his leg screaming something in Spanish
Still breathing when I walked away
And somebody said "Hey man did you see that? His body hit the street with such a beautiful thud"
I wonder what the dude was sayin' or was he just lost in the flood?

Growin' Up

I stood stone-like at midnight suspended in my masquerade
I combed my hair till it was just right and commanded the night brigade
I was open to pain and crossed by the rain and I walked on a crooked crutch
I strolled all alone through a fallout zone and came out with my soul untouched
I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd but when they said "Sit down" I stood up.
Ooh-ooh growin' up

New York City Serenade

Billy he's down by the railroad tracks
Sittin' low in the back seat of his Cadillac
Diamond Jackie, she's so intact
As she falls so softly beneath him
Jackie's heels are stacked
Billy's got cleats on his boots
Together they're gonna boogaloo down Broadway and come back home with the loot
It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute
It's a mad dog's promenade
So walk tall or baby don't walk at all

Prove It All Night

Everybody's got a hunger, a hunger they can't resist,
There's so much that you want, you deserve much more than this,
But if dreams came true, oh, wouldn't that be nice,
But this ain't no dream we're living through tonight,
Girl, you want it, you take it, you pay the price.

There's much more. :)

aussiecreeder 04-22-2004 04:04 AM

better then Creed? that is blasphemey....banish you! :) i'll seriously think about buying this so many records, so little money! :)

SmilinSkullRing 04-22-2004 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
better then Creed? that is blasphemey....banish you! :) i'll seriously think about buying this so many records, so little money! :)

LOL. :D

Yeah definitely so many records, so little money. Have you bought anything by Bruce yet? If not I would recommend Darkness On The Edge Of Town though Essential Bruce Springsteen gives a very nice overview, but doesn't quite give good enough examples in my opinion.

I'll have to send you something again and soon....if you like.

aussiecreeder 04-22-2004 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmilinSkullRing

Yeah definitely so many records, so little money. Have you bought anything by Bruce yet? If not I would recommend Darkness On The Edge Of Town though Essential Bruce Springsteen gives a very nice overview, but doesn't quite give good enough examples in my opinion.

I'll have to send you something again and soon....if you like.

yeah sure if you want to......i haven't bought any Bruce yet! I haven't even bought all the PJ and Creed related stuff that I want and I will be getting Velvet Revolver's album the day it comes out. I will get it his Essentials though..........

SmilinSkullRing 04-22-2004 04:28 AM

Quote:

yeah sure if you want to......i haven't bought any Bruce yet! I haven't even bought all the PJ and Creed related stuff that I want and I will be getting Velvet Revolver's album the day it comes out. I will get it his Essentials though..........

I plan on getting Velvet Revovler's album as well. Once you do pick up a Bruce album let me know what you think.

I'll pm you when I get ready to send something of Bruce's. I'll probably pick a 1978 boot. :cool:

aussiecreeder 04-22-2004 04:35 AM

Quote:

I plan on getting Velvet Revovler's album as well. Once you do pick up a Bruce album let me know what you think.

I'll pm you when I get ready to send something of Bruce's. I'll probably pick a 1978 boot. :cool:

I hope VR doesn't dissapoint i'm really psyched to hear their album! Sure 78 the good ol' days! :) he's not bad on the guitar is Bruce.......i'm also meant to buy a Social Distortion album. I have this deal with crazy marge where she'll buy Second Skin if I buy a SD album. None of us have done it yet! :)

SmilinSkullRing 04-22-2004 04:44 AM

Quote:

I hope VR doesn't dissapoint i'm really psyched to hear their album! Sure 78 the good ol' days! :) he's not bad on the guitar is Bruce.......i'm also meant to buy a Social Distortion album. I have this deal with crazy marge where she'll buy Second Skin if I buy a SD album. None of us have done it yet! :)

I hope so as well! The good ol' days. Haha, yep. Now if only I was alive then. ;) He's definitely not bad on the guitar, and I think some older stuff will enhance your feelings of that.

Buy a SD album for sure! They are great. Mike Ness is a Bruce fan and a Johnny Cash fan. It so happens on his solo album "Cheatin' at Solitaire" he and Bruce sing together on "Misery Loves Company". Great song.

Second Skin? Mayfield Four album, right? I still need that. :)

aussiecreeder 04-22-2004 05:32 AM

Quote:

I hope so as well! The good ol' days. Haha, yep. Now if only I was alive then. ;) He's definitely not bad on the guitar, and I think some older stuff will enhance your feelings of that.

Buy a SD album for sure! They are great. Mike Ness is a Bruce fan and a Johnny Cash fan. It so happens on his solo album "Cheatin' at Solitaire" he and Bruce sing together on "Misery Loves Company". Great song.

Second Skin? Mayfield Four album, right? I still need that. :)

yeah MF4 album it is very good, such a good voice and not bad on the axe either. A Mike Ness and Bruce duet well I would never.......will buy that but you know how it is! :)

Mr.Anderson 04-22-2004 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lechium

I have to agree with you here Lechium. Personally I find Bruce Springsteen one of the most overrated musicians out there. Plus I hate it when people claim him to be a great guitarist, the guy uses a kappo for pete's sake. Plus like Lechium mention is music isn't much when it comes to his lyrics. There extremely linear and he spouts off cheesy lines about US to get people into his music.

Dogstar 04-22-2004 12:05 PM

I disagree, at least with his earlier stuff. He was writing about life and a lot of people could relate to his stuff. And there's not a thing wrong with linear writing. If you reach people with your words, then you've done your job. It doesn't have to be way out there to be good. He's written some very moving songs over the years, linear or not. And a lot of fun songs, too.

SmilinSkullRing 04-22-2004 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson
I have to agree with you here Lechium. Personally I find Bruce Springsteen one of the most overrated musicians out there. Plus I hate it when people claim him to be a great guitarist, the guy uses a kappo for pete's sake. Plus like Lechium mention is music isn't much when it comes to his lyrics. There extremely linear and he spouts off cheesy lines about US to get people into his music.

Sure, he's not a fantastic guitarist technically, but I get tired of perfect technique. He uses riffs and such very well to convey the message of his songs. I hear some solos that these perfect guitarists play and it has no feeling and does nothing to enhance the song. You can take a solo that Bruce plays and watch him play it and you will feel that song without even knowing the lyrics. I'll take that emotion and passion over perfection/technique anyday. I've heard many good guitarists defend capos by the way. Some people get snobby in their musical abilities or leanings and go against it, but it seems many who know what they are talking about don't really mind them.

Cheesy lines about the U.S.? Let me guess, you think Born In The U.S.A. is a flag-waving jingoistic song don't you? People should really listen to the lyrics.

Bruce's writing isn't that linear, and I see where you are coming from. Still doesn't take away the fact that he's one of the best. Seriously, go read his lyrics from anytime you want, but especially the '70s. Don't just rely on Born In The USA when you are getting the meaning wrong anyway.

SmilinSkullRing 04-22-2004 03:38 PM

Quote:

yeah MF4 album it is very good, such a good voice and not bad on the axe either. A Mike Ness and Bruce duet well I would never.......will buy that but you know how it is! :)

I just saw that BMG Music has the MF4 album. I think I'll order it soon if I can. I have Misery Loves Compnay on my computer and may have someone upload it so you can download it. :)

Dogstar 04-22-2004 04:18 PM

Quote:

I'll take that emotion and passion over perfection/technique anyday.

I second that!

SmilinSkullRing 04-22-2004 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I second that!

Dogstar to the rescue!!! :D :jam:

Dogstar 04-22-2004 06:09 PM

:D

Mr.Anderson 04-23-2004 08:29 AM

Quote:

Sure, he's not a fantastic guitarist technically, but I get tired of perfect technique. He uses riffs and such very well to convey the message of his songs. I hear some solos that these perfect guitarists play and it has no feeling and does nothing to enhance the song. You can take a solo that Bruce plays and watch him play it and you will feel that song without even knowing the lyrics. I'll take that emotion and passion over perfection/technique anyday. I've heard many good guitarists defend capos by the way. Some people get snobby in their musical abilities or leanings and go against it, but it seems many who know what they are talking about don't really mind them.

Cheesy lines about the U.S.? Let me guess, you think Born In The U.S.A. is a flag-waving jingoistic song don't you? People should really listen to the lyrics.

Bruce's writing isn't that linear, and I see where you are coming from. Still doesn't take away the fact that he's one of the best. Seriously, go read his lyrics from anytime you want, but especially the '70s. Don't just rely on Born In The USA when you are getting the meaning wrong anyway.

Sorry but I know of his earlier stuff and its all the same. And you guys speak about Passion and Emotion. That isn't that hard to write into your songs and to sing it. For Springsteen he's not that emotional when he even delivers his music. Plus on that comment do you think people like that should out due those who practice and practice and refine there song writing capabilities everyday and hope to make it to the big. Personally I respect the guy for how long he's been around but he needs to give up and give younger and better artists a chance.-

Dogstar 04-23-2004 11:40 AM

I disagree, Mr Anderson. Would you say the same thing to Bob Dylan or Bono or Eddie Van Halen? Age has absolutely NOTHING to do with making music. Talent like that doesn't dry up just because a person tacks on a few years. And I think you're dead wrong about how supposedly easy it is to have passion and emotion written into songs. Witness so much of the crap that is on the radio and in the record stores these days. It's all about money, not passion. *People like that* *rolls eyes*. You don't think Bruce Springsteen practiced and worked his ass off playing dives for years before he made it? That's just as dedicated as someone taking lessons and practicing playing. I don't give a crap if you're some virtuoso. If you can't convey emotion in your playing or singing, then you won't succeed in connecting with a listener. It's not about showing off, it's about feeling. And if you really know his early stuff, you would know there is a ton of emotion in his delivery. You really need a broader perspective.

Mr.Anderson 04-23-2004 12:13 PM

Quote:

I disagree, Mr Anderson. Would you say the same thing to Bob Dylan or Bono or Eddie Van Halen? Age has absolutely NOTHING to do with making music. Talent like that doesn't dry up just because a person tacks on a few years. And I think you're dead wrong about how supposedly easy it is to have passion and emotion written into songs. Witness so much of the crap that is on the radio and in the record stores these days. It's all about money, not passion. *People like that* *rolls eyes*. You don't think Bruce Springsteen practiced and worked his ass off playing dives for years before he made it? That's just as dedicated as someone taking lessons and practicing playing. I don't give a crap if you're some virtuoso. If you can't convey emotion in your playing or singing, then you won't succeed in connecting with a listener. It's not about showing off, it's about feeling. And if you really know his early stuff, you would know there is a ton of emotion in his delivery. You really need a broader perspective.

You Speak of Bob Dylan and Eddie Van Halen, but those particular artist haven't recording anything new for awhile. And yes talent does dry up, you get older you get slower and you do lose some ability or speed. And yes dogstar it is easy to get emotion and passion in lyrics espically when you live a hard life and know first hand what others have went through and then you deliver your song through how you feel or how you think they feel. Its not a hard thing to grasp. And yes I know he worked hard for years but his music still is linear to some of these upcoming underground bands. And again I'm and perfectly aware on how to get to the listener, its just that my band hasn't gotten the break like Mr.Springsteen has. Oh yeah and do not talk to me about needing a broader perspective. I garuntee I have listened to more types of music and genres than you ever will. I listened to stuff from the early 20's all the way to the latest stuff today. Trust me I have a wide ass Perspective. One more thing I've heard all of Springsteens albums.

And just for the record. I don't hate Springsteen. I just believe he's an extremely overrated musician. Thats my stance on the whole matter.

Dogstar 04-23-2004 12:30 PM

Bob Dylan's been putting out stuff for decades and Eddie V's going on tour, so I don't think they are quite so washed up yet. And maybe I should have specified, but I was talking about writing more than playing with regard to talent drying up.

Quote:

And yes dogstar it is easy to get emotion and passion in lyrics espically when you live a hard life and know first hand what others have went through and then you deliver your song through how you feel or how you think they feel. Its not a hard thing to grasp.
Well, maybe for you it is. All I'm saying is that not everyone has that talent to convey their emotions and feelings through music. It's not evident in a lot of the music out there today. It doesnt' move me.

And, yes, Mr. Anderson, I, ,too, also know about living a hard life, so why don't you just knock that chip off your shoulder and realize you're not the only person who has had a tough time of it.

I never said you weren't perfectly aware of how to connect with the listener. This is not about YOU. I was saying that many people may have technical skills to play or sing, but if there is no feeling or passion behind it, then it won't work.

I, too, have listened to all kinds of music from different time periods as well, so BFD. It doesn't make you or I any better a judge of what we like in music. With regard to a broader perspective, I meant more about life in general. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I never said you hated Springsteen, either. I know what you said. We just disagree.

SmilinSkullRing 04-23-2004 11:47 PM

Quote:

Sorry but I know of his earlier stuff and its all the same. And you guys speak about Passion and Emotion. That isn't that hard to write into your songs and to sing it. For Springsteen he's not that emotional when he even delivers his music. Plus on that comment do you think people like that should out due those who practice and practice and refine there song writing capabilities everyday and hope to make it to the big. Personally I respect the guy for how long he's been around but he needs to give up and give younger and better artists a chance.-

Well, I think DS has done a pretty good job already saying what I need to say.

All of his earlier stuff isn't the same. He has a great take on harder living, wanting to get away, Vietnam war, etc. It is hard to write and play true passion into your songs. Look at all the contrived music we have on the airwaves today. He's very emotional when he delivers his music. I have no idea how you come up with that. Refine their songwriting capabilities? Songwriting isn't about sitting down everyday for two hours and trying to pull something out. You either have it or you don't. Sure people are still going to like what you are bringing to the table I'm sure, but there is a huge difference. As Bruce says you don't want to try and contrive spontaneity. Bob Dylan has the same view on this subject. No musician should give up as long as they still have it. There's enough room for everyone.

SmilinSkullRing 04-24-2004 12:02 AM

Quote:

You Speak of Bob Dylan and Eddie Van Halen, but those particular artist haven't recording anything new for awhile.

I can't speak about Eddie, but I can speak about Bob. Bob Dylan just put out one of his best albums in 2001, before that he put another classic album in 1997. The 1997 album, Time Out Of Mind, happens to be my favorite Dylan album. He still has the ability to write amazing songs and play. He's currently been on his Neverending Tour for over 10 years. He's playing much more than many artists half his age. Granted, you may get a so-so Dylan show when you go see him, but you also have a chance to see one of the best concerts of your life from a living legend.

Quote:

And yes talent does dry up, you get older you get slower and you do lose some ability or speed. And yes dogstar it is easy to get emotion and passion in lyrics espically when you live a hard life and know first hand what others have went through and then you deliver your song through how you feel or how you think they feel. Its not a hard thing to grasp. And yes I know he worked hard for years but his music still is linear to some of these upcoming underground bands. And again I'm and perfectly aware on how to get to the listener, its just that my band hasn't gotten the break like Mr.Springsteen has. Oh yeah and do not talk to me about needing a broader perspective. I garuntee I have listened to more types of music and genres than you ever will. I listened to stuff from the early 20's all the way to the latest stuff today. Trust me I have a wide ass Perspective. One more thing I've heard all of Springsteens albums.

And just for the record. I don't hate Springsteen. I just believe he's an extremely overrated musician. Thats my stance on the whole matter.

Talent dries up to an extent. That songwriting will always be there. Someone as amazing as a Springsteen or a Dylan will never go from being a perfect 10 to a 0. Any artist can lose a little something but that fire, that passion, and most of that ability will usually still be there unless under extreme circumstances.

I don't know about your band, but Bruce was playing from the time he was 16/17 years old until he was almost 24 before getting signed to a label. He worked his ass off playing up to 4 hours sometimes. Not many (no bands that I can think of) boast that. The guy who signed him, John Hammond, also signed Bob Dylan. He knew the talent when he saw it.

I listen to music from Mozart to Marilyn Manson....that's neither here or there.

You also said that Bruce's music is linear to upcoming underground bands. Does that really matter? He's got much respect from many musicians in the music industry from Dylan to Eddie Vedder. I even read Kurt Cobain liked Bruce. I'm not just namedropping, but I'm letting you know who he has impacted and who finds and found him relevant. They range far and wide from the late greats Joe Strummer and Johnny Cash to Mike Ness from Social Distortion.

Mr.Anderson 04-24-2004 11:07 AM

I do not care if he was signed on the same record label as Bob Dylan. The fact remains that he is overrated. People hype him up too much. He is not that great. Many artists deliver passion and emotion 10 times of what that guy does and they don't get the same credit. Maybe they haven't been around as long or maybe its just that they don't get the constant media attention Mr. Springsteen does. And please do not use his name in the same sentence as Mr. Dylan. That guy is a true legend. But in the end I still stand by what I say, hes too damn overrated.

creeddane 04-24-2004 11:31 AM

Springsteen's overrated huh???

he still kicks more ass than everybody out there in music industry today!!!!

especially when he is touring i dont think ive seen much if any musicians that put half the energy into a show as he does!!!

creeddane 04-24-2004 11:37 AM

btw

now that we talk about overrated
look at your name Mr. Anderson
it comes from the most overrated piece of junk that the film industry has put out in years. :D

creeddane 04-24-2004 11:40 AM

there can be only one

Rock on Bruce :jam: :thewave:

SmilinSkullRing 04-24-2004 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creeddane
there can be only one

Rock on Bruce :jam: :thewave:

Who are you? My new best friend? ;) :o

And of course you are definitely right about his live shows. He's always been expending more energy live than anyone else. I've seen people pretty much just stand there and go through the motions, but not Bruce. :cool:

Dogstar 04-24-2004 06:44 PM

Damn straight about the live shows. Last summer, he was 53 years old and he put a lot of today's younger bands to shame with the energy and passion with which he performed. No 90-minute show, either. Almost THREE hours, with one little break to introduce the band, that was it. The younger bands could learn a thing or two from the Boss about touring.

SmilinSkullRing 04-24-2004 06:50 PM

So true DS. His final show at Shea clocked in at almost 3 1/2 hours!!!

I plan on responding to Mr. Anderson's post later. Storm watches right now....not good. :(

creeddane 04-25-2004 01:06 PM

Quote:

The younger bands could learn a thing or two from the Boss about touring.

Hell yeah :D

creeddane 04-25-2004 01:09 PM

maybe my new name should be Agent Smith :D

creeddane 04-25-2004 01:15 PM

Quote:

Who are you? My new best friend? ;) :o

maybe ;) :D

SmilinSkullRing 04-25-2004 04:20 PM

Quote:

maybe my new name should be Agent Smith :D

SmilinSkullRing 04-25-2004 04:23 PM

Quote:

maybe ;) :D

:hugs:

;)

SmilinSkullRing 04-25-2004 04:29 PM

Quote:

I do not care if he was signed on the same record label as Bob Dylan. The fact remains that he is overrated. People hype him up too much. He is not that great. Many artists deliver passion and emotion 10 times of what that guy does and they don't get the same credit. Maybe they haven't been around as long or maybe its just that they don't get the constant media attention Mr. Springsteen does. And please do not use his name in the same sentence as Mr. Dylan. That guy is a true legend. But in the end I still stand by what I say, hes too damn overrated.

It's not about him being on the same record label as Dylan. I was just giving you some perspective about who discovered him - a guy who, it just so happens, has discovered a lot of great talent. I guess that means he isn't going to waste his time on some "no talent" kid in the early '70s when rock needed a rock musician. I seriously believe you haven't seen much of Bruce to think anyone especially many deliver the passion and emotion more than him. Bruce doesn't come close to getting constant media attention. Instead of worrying about Bruce you should be worrying about all of the crap surrounding horrible corporate made musicians such as American Idol and many rock bands today.

Mr.Anderson 04-25-2004 04:47 PM

Quote:

It's not about him being on the same record label as Dylan. I was just giving you some perspective about who discovered him - a guy who, it just so happens, has discovered a lot of great talent. I guess that means he isn't going to waste his time on some "no talent" kid in the early '70s when rock needed a rock musician. I seriously believe you haven't seen much of Bruce to think anyone especially many deliver the passion and emotion more than him. Bruce doesn't come close to getting constant media attention. Instead of worrying about Bruce you should be worrying about all of the crap surrounding horrible corporate made musicians such as American Idol and many rock bands today.

I don't like the guy and never will. He's been around for awhile and damn good for him. Too me he isn't a great guitar player or song writer. And I don't even think he puts on that good of a live show. This is my opinion and your not going to change it. And don't even go into that stupid ass show American Idol. I hate every attempt the music business does in order to try to invent the next britney spears or timberlake. Pop Sucks!

SmilinSkullRing 04-25-2004 05:41 PM

Quote:

I don't like the guy and never will. He's been around for awhile and damn good for him. Too me he isn't a great guitar player or song writer. And I don't even think he puts on that good of a live show. This is my opinion and your not going to change it. And don't even go into that stupid ass show American Idol. I hate every attempt the music business does in order to try to invent the next britney spears or timberlake. Pop Sucks!

Yeah, I can see we aren't going to agree. I'm just trying to give you the facts about Bruce since I try to know everything about him considering he's my favorite musician. Many people believe he's great inside and outside of the music industry then we have people with your views. Though, no one (whether you like him or not) can dispute the energy he gives at his shows.

Popular music being pop doesn't necessarily suck, but yes Justin and Britney do especially Britney, Christina, etc, etc.