CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   problems with windup? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11127)

inside_us_all04 07-08-2006 07:02 AM

problems with windup?

I've always liked wind-up thought they were a good label till lately.. First Alter Bridge quit, after I felt wind up didnt do enough promo or push their singles enough.. Then Drowning Pool quit, which made me quiver. I've always liked DP, they have good success for WU,With the huge hit Bodies, then Stand Up.. Yet I have a feelign Wind Up hasnt done much promo for Stapp, at all hardly pushing his album. Thus I feel that Stapp, mite not have a very good future if wind up doesnt shape up soon.. Any thoughts, or has my insomnia made me paranoid?

titan9 07-08-2006 10:55 AM

Re: problems with windup?

They promoted his album very well in the weeks leading up to, and following, its release. But the past few months, I don't think they've been promoting it very well. I do not like how long it took for them to officially release the second single("Justify"). I feel like they should have released it back in February, as "The Great Divide" had been the single since the fall of last year. There's also no mention of a video for "Justify", plus there are no more tour dates listed despite the fact Stapp said his new leg of the tour begins August 20. It's all pretty frustrating, I guess. But when you compare it to how WU treated bands like Alter Bridge, 12 Stones, Big Dismal and Drowning Pool, they have treated Stapp a lot better.

bobben 07-08-2006 11:15 AM

Maybe WindUp is on it's way to the ground. They had to gigantic goldmines with Creed and Evanescence, and those sucesses are never coming back. So I think that WindUp is struggleing with the problem that they have to many bands now, and not enough funds for them all. Alter Bridge, Drowning Pool and Big Dismal are all fantastic bands that could've reached high if they just got some promo.

Ana4Stapp 07-08-2006 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
They promoted his album very well in the weeks leading up to, and following, its release. But the past few months, I don't think they've been promoting it very well. I do not like how long it took for them to officially release the second single("Justify"). I feel like they should have released it back in February, as "The Great Divide" had been the single since the fall of last year. There's also no mention of a video for "Justify", plus there are no more tour dates listed despite the fact Stapp said his new leg of the tour begins August 20. It's all pretty frustrating, I guess. But when you compare it to how WU treated bands like Alter Bridge, 12 Stones, Big Dismal and Drowning Pool, they have treated Stapp a lot better.

:rolleyes: Because he was 'the voice of Creed' ....

titan9 07-08-2006 03:29 PM

^ Yes, and I almost added that to my sentence. ;)

eusebioCBR 07-08-2006 03:41 PM

does W-U feel it's worth promoting anymore?(The Great Devide)

metalchris25 07-08-2006 05:08 PM

[quote=bobben]Maybe WindUp is on it's way to the ground. They had to gigantic goldmines with Creed and Evanescence, and those sucesses are never coming back.
I believe that Evanescence is still with Wind-up.

ABYanks 07-08-2006 11:38 PM

edgewater left too

Bridge of Clay 07-09-2006 12:24 PM

and so did Eric Friedman of Submersed...

bobben 07-10-2006 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalchris25
I believe that Evanescence is still with Wind-up.

Yeah, but Ben Moody's gone. If Evanescence continue on the road they started on last time and continues the success, they will surprise me and many other... They're helpless without Moody!

GregS 07-10-2006 12:19 PM

You dont know that yet..
The new album is gonna surprise us all..
Just because Moody has left , that doesnt mean shit.
Amy lee helped write those songs with Moody , she will have done fine on her own. Cant wait for the new album.

Prog 07-11-2006 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregS
You dont know that yet..
The new album is gonna surprise us all..
Just because Moody has left , that doesnt mean shit.
Amy lee helped write those songs with Moody , she will have done fine on her own. Cant wait for the new album.

That's pretty much what I think, too.

If Wind-Up loses Evanescence, they'll wise up or die off. Or maybe both.

GregS 07-11-2006 12:36 PM

Yeah , now that Wind Up dont have Creed , Evanescence is their biggest band.

metalchris25 07-11-2006 02:41 PM

the new album is gonna be really good, I think. I don't see Amy writing a bad one. Cold's ex-guitarist helped write too. The names of the songs sound good.

titan9 07-11-2006 04:14 PM

Moody's a good guitarist. I'm not an Evanescence fan, but I am interested to see what they do without him.