CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Scott Stapp on TV tonight!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5760)

Jez 02-04-2004 09:04 PM

***Scott Stapp on TV tonight!!***

Set your vcr's....Scott's on an interview on the Fox Sports Network's 'The Best Damn Sport Show Ever"
Thanks to Smiles4Stapp and Steph for the heads up!!

Jez 02-04-2004 09:13 PM

Bumping so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle!

WeatheredWoman 02-04-2004 09:18 PM

Bumps!! :bump: :bump: :bump:

Although I can't see it over here :( But I'm waiting for the after-report :D
I'm so excited about all this new Scott stuff!! The more news the better!

Sheila63 02-04-2004 09:43 PM

Thanks for the info, Stace.:D Although I don't get that channel, hopefully someone here will be able to catch it.

benkenobi 02-04-2004 09:44 PM

Thanks for the heads up!!! Comes on FoxSportsSouth 11 PM EST. Just saw the preview of tonight's show with our man.

Don't know if I'll stay up (Got an early class), but I'll sure as heck copy it!!!

Jez 02-04-2004 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheila63
Thanks for the info, Stace.:D Although I don't get that channel, hopefully someone here will be able to catch it.

Sheila....
Usually these things get turned into mpeg, and then everyone who can't see it normally can just download it :D

benkenobi 02-04-2004 09:53 PM

You know, I really don't want to get in an argument over this, but the first thing they said about Stapp on the preview of tonight's show is "the leadman for Creed" so it seems to me at least that if Creed had broken up that Scott wouldn't want to be referred to this anymore. This makes me almost positive in itself that Creed will have a continuing future.

Jez 02-04-2004 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkenobi
You know, I really don't want to get in an argument over this, but the first thing they said about Stapp on the preview of tonight's show is "the leadman for Creed" so it seems to me at least that if Creed had broken up that Scott wouldn't want to be referred to this anymore. This makes me almost positive in itself that Creed will have a continuing future.

Well, one could only hope (and I desperately do) but really I think it probably has more to do with his label and contractual obligations that keep EVERYONE from saying anything difinitive.
On a good note however, I have read that on this interview tonight that he is going to talk about his solo album :D

I feel like I'm in the middle of a downpour after walking through the desert for a year. This is just awesome....

JenRN 02-04-2004 10:34 PM

It is on at 11pm is that correct?

facelessman 02-04-2004 10:47 PM

whoa i got to check that out

jma91 02-04-2004 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenRN

I have Dish Network Eastern time. It states that it is on from 11:30-1:00. Eva

Kim V. 02-04-2004 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenRN

The show is on right now on Eastern Standard Time, and they just said Stapp's coming up soon!

TeriB19 02-04-2004 11:39 PM

So far he's mentioned his solo album coming out later this year. And jokingly to Tom he asked "Hey, you wanna be in my new band?"

facelessman 02-04-2004 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
And jokingly to Tom he asked "Hey, you wanna be in my new band?"

yeah i heard that too

hayley 02-04-2004 11:42 PM

:laugh: Funny

You guys are so lucky :crying:

facelessman 02-04-2004 11:43 PM

he seems kinda nervous, but hes doin good. tellin some good jokes

DangerousDan85 02-04-2004 11:43 PM

it's been a cool interview so far, i thought he'd only be on for a few minutes

facelessman 02-04-2004 11:49 PM

he discribed his album a little bit...it sounds good

DangerousDan85 02-04-2004 11:49 PM

he won Fact or Fiction

TeriB19 02-04-2004 11:52 PM

Did anyone else get the impression it's going to be more of a hip-hop infused with his rock style? Considering he's going with the people that produced Ashanti and the like.

DangerousDan85 02-04-2004 11:55 PM

yeah that's pretty much what he said

he also mentioned an acting career

Julbright 02-04-2004 11:57 PM

HIP HOP???? Did I catch that right???? The show starts in 5 minutes here in Central Time - I am on pins and needles waiting.........

DangerousDan85 02-05-2004 12:05 AM

so far the line up for Stapp's band is: Tom Arnold, Mike Piazza, and Ashanti

this is gonna be bad ass

Julbright 02-05-2004 12:07 AM

any idea how far into the show he is on? it just started here 5 minutes ago

Jez 02-05-2004 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julbright
any idea how far into the show he is on? it just started here 5 minutes ago

Julie, he's on during the last 20 minutes

Julbright 02-05-2004 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jez
Julie, he's on during the last 20 minutes

thanx stace

TeriB19 02-05-2004 12:12 AM

Julie and Stace, can you give us your take on what he's talking about when you hear it. What type of music his solo stuff will be? It sounded like quite a difference from straight hard edge rock.

Julbright 02-05-2004 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Julie and Stace, can you give us your take on what he's talking about when you hear it. What type of music his solo stuff will be? It sounded like quite a difference from straight hard edge rock.

sure will - if I get hip hop you'll hear from me for sure!!!!

Jez 02-05-2004 12:16 AM

Julie, CORRECTION...
It starts at about 35 minutes into the show. For some reason some people are seeing a 1 hour show and others are seeing a 1 and a half hour show...so...either way....tune in at about 35 after.
Sorry for the confusion :)

Kim V. 02-05-2004 12:16 AM

He looked good, healthy, much better than in the pics from the movie premier. They were ok, but they got some bad shots of him. This was tv, and although he still seems a bit puffy in the face, he looked and sounded good. He talked about his love of sports, his upcoming solo album (no mention of Creed actually breaking up) and he participated in a music trivia thing, which he won! All in all, he looked happy and relaxed. So good to see him making the rounds, out and about!

Julbright 02-05-2004 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jez
Julie, CORRECTION...
It starts at about 35 minutes into the show. For some reason some people are seeing a 1 hour show and others are seeing a 1 and a half hour show...so...either way....tune in at about 35 after.
Sorry for the confusion :)

no prob thanx i have 1.5 hour show - was hoping it was sooner rather than later - I don't want to fall asleep - it's past my bedtime! :)

Julbright 02-05-2004 12:38 AM

OH GOD it is so good to see him. I get the distinct feeling that Creed status is on hold for sure - they just went to first commercial break - I will be back again after he is all done. I miss him so much - I can't wait to see what he will do this year -

Julbright 02-05-2004 12:46 AM

OK - I do not get that it will be hip hop - he did say he was trying to reinvent rock - I think it is going to be more classic rockish with a soul twist - can't fathom what that will sound like but that is what I got out of his description. I was probably reading into it but I thought that there was a sadness or something in his eyes when they first mentioned creed weathered in stores now - he lit up a little when they then said his solo album will be out this year... he said he will be touring - God I hope so. I miss him. I wish he would stop with that tongue thing - makes him look silly - not being critical but just commenting - he is too hot and wonderful to be portrayed silly like that.

TeriB19 02-05-2004 12:56 AM

Soul maybe. I just know the Ashanti reference made me go....'Huh??'

And yes, the tongue thing's gotta go.

Higher_Desire 02-05-2004 01:19 AM

Has it been on yet? Or did I miss it? It's 11:18 PM Mountain time. Should I have caught the show at 7 or 8?

H-D :moon:

hayley 02-05-2004 02:37 AM

What tounge thing? What does he do?

The interview sounded interesting...great to hear that he looked and sounded good, that's the main thing, that he's happy. Now that he's said something about his solo album, it's putting me on edge! :suave: I wonder when it will be out, there wasn't any news of that?

Jez 02-05-2004 03:34 AM

He said it would be out later in the year.

Steve 02-05-2004 05:06 AM

http://www.creedfeed.com/news/story/132

That producer group is the same group that worked with Ashanti and 50 Cent??? I'm not liking the way this is sounding... I guess I see why Mark wanted to go on his own ... I don't see Mark getting into this style that Stapp seems to want to get into.

Julbright 02-05-2004 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
http://www.creedfeed.com/news/story/132

That producer group is the same group that worked with Ashanti and 50 Cent??? I'm not liking the way this is sounding... I guess I see why Mark wanted to go on his own ... I don't see Mark getting into this style that Stapp seems to want to get into.

I agree - I just can't imagine what combining 50 cent and doors and zepplin is going to sound like? It makes sense that mark and scott's creative tastes were growing very far apart if this is where Scott was heading!

Sheila63 02-05-2004 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jez
I feel like I'm in the middle of a downpour after walking through the desert for a year. This is just awesome....

I feel the same way, Stace, and thanks for the mpeg info.:)

A big thank you to everyone for the info about the interview. :) I'm very excited to hear all of the news and that he'll be touring. I can't wait to see him live again!!!