CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Is This An Alternate Universe? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9739)

Direckshun 10-11-2005 04:59 AM

Is This An Alternate Universe?

Hello. This is so weird for me.

I'm Direckshun. I was a regular, way back around 2000 and 2001, at Creednet's BB. Especially Chat-O-Rama. A couple years later, Creednet would be wiped out. Many COR refugees ran elsewhere, not to even mention The Band regulars and Faith/Religion regulars, and we've all scattered over the world wide web.

Which is what confuses me about this place. This place is ... well. The board's current make-up suggests that whoever's running it is extremely familiar with the former board at Creednet. "Chat-O-Rama," "Music Matters," "Fans By City" -- these were the exact phrasings of the old Creednet board.

What's the story behind this board? Who and where did it come from?

It's great to see a Creed community up and running as healthy as this one. I'm baffled; it's like I stumbled into an alternative universe.

The other thing that confounds me is that a whole lot of my friends from the old Creednet board were on the inner circle on most BB-related issues. Hell we are even in regular and friendly contact with the old BB's former administrator, Merlin. Yet I have never once heard of this place. I don't know if many of the people I hang out with know of it either.

As you can tell, I'm pretty lost. Could someone fill me in please? LOL

Direckshun 10-11-2005 05:04 AM

After scrolling a little bit, I have found that the only names I recognize are from the old Faith/Religion forum. HeavenBesideYou, iron horse... but that's it.

Help? :)

TeriB19 10-11-2005 09:08 AM

Direckshun, this board has been run by Steve for years. Many of us have been board members here since 2000. Never heard of Merlin, but then again, I never posted on Creednet.

Steve 10-11-2005 10:13 AM

Hi Direckshun,

I believe I remember your name. My old Creednet BB name was "BioVirus." My sister and I used to post at Creednet (I can't remmeber my sister's screenname though - "Selkie" maybe?). We were there when the board first opened, posted a bit, and then went into "lurker" mode by the time all the bashers were allowed to post.

I'm the one who set this board up. I had CreedFeed running for a very long time. I don't even remember when I started it. My site originated as "Human Clay" so it must have been around 1999 or so. It was then that I added a message board, because as a long time Creednet lurker and poster I was getting tired of all the crap Wind-up was letting people post on their bb. I modeled my bb after their's as an alternative place for people to post. I think most people from Creednet went to "The Pit" or another EZBoard that was set up (can't remember the name of it) and my site actually didn't really start generating people until Weathered or during the Weathered recording sessions.

And like I've said in the past, this board will remain open as long as I'm alive :) I have no plans to remove this site or forum. As long as one person is posting, this board will thrive!

If you've got some old friends from the Creednet days still, tell them to hop on over here :) Everyone's friendly and we (myself, and the couple mods who are regulars) try to keep the board clean from spam and bashers.

Dogstar 10-11-2005 04:42 PM

Glad you found your way here, Direckshun. Welcome.

RMadd 10-12-2005 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
And like I've said in the past, this board will remain open as long as I'm alive :)

Woohoo!!!!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
I have no plans to remove this site or forum. As long as one person is posting, this board will thrive!

hmmm.... i dunno about "thrive" lol

Steve 10-12-2005 09:52 AM

heh well in the sense that it's being used is thriving... if one person posts, it's being used ;) :P

Dogstar 10-12-2005 03:12 PM

This was my first board. It's like my web home :)

Direckshun 10-13-2005 03:46 PM

Thanks, Steve. I don't remember anybody named BioVirus.

But not only do I remember Selkie (a pretty, blonde woman if I remember correctly), but she hitchhiked her way over to Mindz-Eye, an offshoot of COR when "the Kingdom collapsed." Eventually Mindz-Eye turned into Just An Illusion, which she also joined for a short while before removing herself from the board. I remember her being very clever, and she ordained herself as "the smilie queen" or something like that.

So there. If we're thinking of the same person, we've just made a connection. :D

What baffles me is that I've never once heard of this board. It has supposedly existed for five years and I've never heard of it once. I was a prominent poster at Creednet, too. And when Creednet collapsed, many ran to boards like Creedpit, CreedTalk, Just An Illusion, La Hacienda, Bordercross, etc. But I've never heard of anyone running to a place called CreedFeed, even though, and this is the weird part, CreedFeed seems to be bigger, better run, and older than any of those other boards.

Why is that, do you figure? Why has this place sealed it off, sort of, from all the other Creed boards, small as they were? Was that intentional?

Mulletman 10-13-2005 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar

You will always remember your first.

Dogstar 10-14-2005 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulletman
You will always remember your first.

Indeed :D

Bridge of Clay 10-14-2005 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar

ditto!

Steve 10-14-2005 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun
Why is that, do you figure? Why has this place sealed it off, sort of, from all the other Creed boards, small as they were? Was that intentional?

I can tell you it wasn't intentional? I've been working on promoting this site since the beginning. During the Weathered tour my site was listed second or third on Google when you typed in "Creed" (it has since dropped since the page hasn't really been updated). I'm listed second on the list of links on Creed's official site, behind CreedPit. I was very vocal about this site during the CreedQuest promo thing - lots of people came here during that whole contest thing. Not sure why you wouldn't have heard of this board.

Direckshun 10-14-2005 04:08 PM

Was I at all correct about Selkie?

Steve 10-14-2005 06:21 PM

oh yes you were! thats my sister