CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   My Sister's Dog (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3919)

Sheila63 07-30-2003 05:33 PM

My Sister's Dog

My sister's dog, Casey, is going to have to be put to sleep.:crying: :crying: For those of you who don't know, he had to go to the vet this weekend because he wasn't himself and they found his heart was enlarged.:( He seemed to be a little better on Monday but this morning when I left for work he didn't move or bark when I left, which he always does. I knew then that something was seriously wrong.:( My sister just came home and said they have to put him down because he also has a tumor in his stomach which probably didn't help his heart. He was such a smart, sweet dog. The good thing is he had a happy life. Rest in peace, Casey.:crying: :crying:

Dogstar 07-30-2003 05:41 PM

Awwww, Sheila, I'm so sorry about Casey :(. It's so sad to lose a beloved pet. I hope you and your sister are doing OK. :hugs:

SCOTTSMYMAN 07-30-2003 05:46 PM

Sheila I'm so sorry about Casey. I've been thinking about him ever since you were talking about him the other day. I know how hard it is. Last May I had to put my Kiwi kitty down because she had a cancerous lump in her throat. :crying: I had hoped things would work out better for you. Just as long as you and your sister know what a great dog he was and that he had a great life with you, full of love. I'm soo sorry again!:crying: :hugs:

Sheila63 07-30-2003 05:49 PM

Thanks so much, Dogstar. She's had him since he was a puppy and he would have been 13 in November. So he was like her baby in a way, it's definitely harder for her right now. But I loved him too and took care of him quite a bit in the last few years. It won't be the same around here without him.:(

Sheila63 07-30-2003 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SCOTTSMYMAN
Sheila I'm so sorry about Casey.  I've been thinking about him ever since you were talking about him the other day. I know how hard it is. Last May I had to put my Kiwi kitty down because she had a cancerous lump in her throat. :crying: I had hoped things would work out better for you. Just as long as you and your sister know what a great dog he was and that he had a great life with you, full of love. I'm soo sorry again!:crying: :hugs:

Thanks so much, Kris. I really appreciate you thinking me and my sister the last few days.:hugs:

hotforscott 07-30-2003 06:14 PM

I am so sorry to hear about that, Sheila. I know how much of an emotional attachment people can have on pets and it's tough sometimes. You are all in my thoughts.

Sheila63 07-30-2003 06:26 PM

Thanks, Carrie, I appreciate you keeping us in your thoughts.

Higher_Desire 07-31-2003 12:39 AM

:crying: That's horrible. I got a big scare when I though my dog may have to be put down. Lately she's not been herself, and we had to take her to the vet, and found out her kidney's were in really bad shape. The first time, she had to stay hooked up to an IV in the vet cage for 6 days and nights. Then she's had to go in for just during the day. She's been getting better, but still isn't quite up to par.

H-D

GoodGodGirl23 07-31-2003 02:23 AM

:( :( I'm sorry too Sheila.. doggie can be in doggie Heaven with my precious Dewy Doggie...:(

Sheila63 07-31-2003 07:15 AM

Colin, thank you. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.:( :crying: It's hard when a pet is sick. Awww, to be in the vet cage for 6 days....so sad. My thoughts and prayers are with her and you. I wish her a full and speedy recovery. Here's a hug for you and one for her too.:hugs: :hugs:

GGG, thanks. What a wonderful thought. I hope Dewy and Casey are there together.

JenRN 07-31-2003 11:36 AM

Awww Sheila, I am sorry!:( I know you are like me with animals. They ARE part of the family!:angel:

Sheila63 07-31-2003 11:49 AM

Thanks, Jen. :) It was kind of strange leaving the house this morning and not hearing him bark.:(

How is your stray kitten doing with his leg? I hope he's doing better.

JenRN 07-31-2003 02:29 PM

He is better, I looked like a damn fool chasing him around the yard to try and wrap his leg!:embarass: He eventually tore off the wrap of course and now he is better!:)

Sheila63 07-31-2003 07:56 PM

Awwww, Jen, I think that's so sweet of you to help him. I'm so happy to hear that he's doing better.:D

But I know what you mean, they can move really fast when they want to, huh?;)

JulieCitySlicker 07-31-2003 08:48 PM

Aww! I'm so sorry Sheila:( That stinks:crying: