CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Australian Popstars and Creed (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6161)

aussiecreeder 03-25-2004 08:39 AM

Australian Popstars and Creed

Thought this little tidbit might interest some although it will severely frighten others! :) Seems at least a couple of contesants in two Australian karoake style programs have a serious liking of Creed.

Shannon Noll who finished second in Australian Idol was once a member (lead singer) of a covers band who performed songs by artists such as Creed, Nickelback and 3 Doors Down. He sounds a lot like Jimmy Barnes (Cold Chisel which is a famous Australian band).

Another guy an Asian Australian (name escapes me saw this in newspaper) was discovered by a scout singing a Creed song. He has made the final 10 of Popstars which is basically the same thing as Australian Idol although it does predate it. (but who cares?)

Perhaps we will soon have these guys covering Creed? Noooooooooo!!!

creedsister 03-25-2004 11:53 AM

who knows i think it would be kinda funny

hayley 03-25-2004 03:09 PM

Oh come on, it's not that bad. I think it's kinda cute. Here in New Zealand we now have New Zealand Idol, and it's pretty good. Last week, a guy named Eddie, (who really looks like Shannon Noll) sang One Last Breath. But he didn't do it very well, it didn't suit his voice. He cracked a few notes and was off key a couple of times, but hey One Last Breath is pretty hard to sing for someone who isn't Stappy. :D

aussiecreeder 03-25-2004 04:53 PM

with One Last Breath you need that low range Stappy has but also the ability to hit some higher notes. I'ld like to see one of these Idols pull of Stand Here With Me that is a tough one. I wish a band that was respectable would cover Creed.

hayley 03-25-2004 11:47 PM

You never know, there might be one one day.

I don't know many people who would be able to hit SHWM. Only Stapp can pull that off, well him and a scarce amount of other people. :)

Higher_Desire 03-25-2004 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
Perhaps we will soon have these guys covering Creed? Noooooooooo!!!

I want to hear a William Hung version of a Creed song! :laugh:

H-D :)

facelessman 03-26-2004 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
I want to hear a William Hung version of a Creed song! :laugh:

H-D :)

lol that would be awesome...but sad at the same time

aussiecreeder 03-26-2004 04:03 AM

maybe we will get a respectable band covering Creed.....the new band? :)

Sincirr 03-26-2004 09:54 AM

HEHE. we have had some creed covers at my college. Good singers though. I get annoyed if someone doesnt do a good job at that.

Shannon sang creed? I dunno.....I didnt like what he did with What About Me. I thought it wasnt emotional enough. The original was far better.

Hehe, can U tell I was a Guy supporter? HAHAHAAAAAAA!

aussiecreeder 03-26-2004 05:31 PM

hehe I'm not a big fan of Australian Karoake oops I meant
Australian Idol but it was strangely addicitive. The shows in the beginning were funny cause you could laugh at how bad they were, actually they were much better then seeing who won. It does produce karoake singers though who are good technically but are not artists. Their covers are almost identical to the orginal.

So if Shannon covered Creed it would sound like Creed (provided they found a good band to back him) but it would add nothing to the song. A good cover is something like I'm Eighteen where they have done it justice, being faithful but also made it their own.

hayley 03-27-2004 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sincirr
HEHE. we have had some creed covers at my college. Good singers though. I get annoyed if someone doesnt do a good job at that.

So do I, all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
Australian Idol but it was strangely addicitive.

Yeah, I'm the same, I watch New Zealand Idol every week now, it's kinda pathetic how TV Shows draw you in like that. :eek:

hayley 03-27-2004 12:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mind you, I am only mainly watching it to see my baby Michael every week, he's a rocker, :jam: and he's SO HOT!! :smokin: ;)

hayley 03-27-2004 12:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
By the way, here's that guy Eddie who I was talking about, the one who looks like Shannon Noll, and he sung Creed:

aussiecreeder 03-27-2004 05:10 AM

is Michael a little crush of yours? :) he's very young! The guy who sang the Creed song doesn't look like a rocker!

Dani 03-27-2004 09:09 PM

I haven't really been watching Popstars (I'll have to now incase someone does a Creed song) but I was addicted to Australian Idol. I didn't know Shannon Noll was in cover band, but something that has always bugged me is that I have read in articles that he sang With Arms Wide Open on Australian Idol. I saw pretty much every episode and I never saw him sing that. That's just a mistake, right?, because I would of remembered that :)