CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Thornley !!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6202)

WeatheredWoman 03-31-2004 12:39 PM

Thornley !!!

Another new band that I love... although I've heard just one song :rolleyes:

The song: So Far So Good...
The band: Thornley...
...named after the singer/leadgitarist Ian Thornley (former Big Wreck)

Thornley has toured with Nickelback through Canada and in April they will be touring through the States together with Edgewater and Three Days Grace!!

Their debut album "Come Again" will be released at the 11th of May.

www.thornleyband.com

In the news section the song So Far So Good will play immediately in the right upper corner... it's the only song to listen to, if I'm correct. :dunno:

Dogstar 03-31-2004 12:49 PM

This is weird. A guy from another board I'm on also mentioned Thornley. What kind of music is it?

SCOTTSMYMAN 03-31-2004 02:48 PM

Click the link Kerri. I'm listening to the song right now and it's pretty AWESOME!!! Good call Stef. I think I like'em!! :jam:

Dogstar 03-31-2004 02:58 PM

I can never hear music on the web. It always plays choppy...Alas...maybe I can download it.

SCOTTSMYMAN 03-31-2004 03:02 PM

Sorry to hear that. It seems to be the only song that they have to listen to. It's pretty good song too.

WeatheredWoman 03-31-2004 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
This is weird. A guy from another board I'm on also mentioned Thornley. What kind of music is it?

Some pieces quoted from their Bio:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIO_THORNLEY
"On this record, melody is king."

But the songwriter makes sure King Melody is kept company by such courtiers as heavy guitar riffs, ass-kicking drums and emotionally intense vocals on his upcoming opus, entitled Come Again. "It's what rock music should sound like - simple and to the point, but of a really high caliber," says drummer Sekou Lumumba. "When we play for other people, seeing that response - just seeing them with their mouths open - feels so good. I can't wait for people to hear this record."

"A lot of it has heavy parts - and I mean heavy. But it's all in the context of a song, a sweet melody. To me, that's the most important thing." The range of material is impressive, stretching from the can't-get-it-out-of-your-head nature of the first single, "So Far So Good," to the heavy riffs of "Falling To Pieces," to the slow and beautiful "Lies That I Believe," "a real epic rocker," in Thornley's words. The solid musicianship and undeniable hooks throughout the material make each track an 'epic rocker' in its own right.

So I would say... It's pure Rock! :D

WeatheredWoman 03-31-2004 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTTSMYMAN
Click the link Kerri. I'm listening to the song right now and it's pretty AWESOME!!! Good call Stef. I think I like'em!! :jam:

Those were my thoughts too Kris! Thnx!! I think I like 'm too... I'm very curious of their other songs! :D
Glad that you like another band I recommended! ;)

Awww Dogstar... it sucks that your computer play songs in a sucky way! :(
But I thought... because it plays "on its own" when you go to the site, that you wouldn't have a problem with listening to it, but alas. :mad:

Dogstar 03-31-2004 07:32 PM

That's OK, thanks for all the info on them, though. I'm going to check them out!

WeatheredWoman 04-01-2004 10:19 AM

Allrightyyyy then :thumbsup: I'm dying for some more stuff from the guys! Very anxious if the other songs can please me :dunno:

You know what I thought?? In the higher parts of the chorus of So Far So Good... Ian Thornley sounds like Myles Kennedy... I'm serious!

Kris? What do you think??

SCOTTSMYMAN 04-01-2004 12:20 PM

He's got a really good voice with good range. It's been awhile since I've heard Myles so , I can't compare the two. I would like to hear more than just the one song!

mshoneybuns 04-03-2004 07:05 PM

if you go to
http://umusic.ca/thornley/index.php
you can hear a couple of more songs from the cd.. I can't wait til it comes out.. :)

WeatheredWoman 04-03-2004 07:11 PM

Heyyyy... Mshoneybuns... I know you! From the Shinedown-board :D
You are going to see Thornley in a few weeks aren't you??? I'm BitchRocksOn over there. Pleased to meet you :)

WELCOME ABOARD!!!

Thnx so much for the link... I'm going to check it out right now!!! :thumbsup:

mshoneybuns 04-03-2004 07:36 PM

thanks for the welcome, I'm looking forward to seeing him soon.. I'll be sure and bring back some good pics for you..

WeatheredWoman 04-03-2004 07:43 PM

WOWW!!! That would be so awesome mshoneybuns :syncdance

Really really sweet!! :D

I've listened to Come Again, So Far So Good(ok I already knew that one) and Beautiful... I loved Beautiful too! Come Again was a bit less IMO... 'cause Ian's voice was overwhelmed by the music in the chorus.

So I guess you're going to see Thornley together with Edgewater and 3 Days Grace???

mshoneybuns 04-03-2004 07:56 PM

I should be taking pics of Thornley, default,hooba and 3dg...well and any other bands I can sneak past.heehee
I'm so excited about the show.. I have been waiting for what seems like forever to hear thornley..I want to hear Blown wide open and mistake. I'm going to begging him to play it..hee hee those are to of my favor covers that NB did.. and even tho I have the big wreck cds, I have never heard them live...
wish me luck and hopefully I can give good feedback on the show..