CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Daily Bread (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7750)

HeavenBesideYou 12-13-2004 06:36 AM

Daily Bread

December 13th

"When it matters most, Jesus and his people will finish first!"

"The first will be last and the last will be first." That's one of Jesus' favorite sayings. Isn't it interesting that God said it long before he was born. Isn't it interesting that those who knew the Scriptures, but didn't know Jesus, said it too! Isn't it interesting that Herod and Jesus lived it thirty years before Jesus would teach it? Isn't it interesting that Jesus gave us the Lord's Supper to remember that while Jesus died and shed his blood, on the first day of the week, Sunday, he rose.

When King Herod had called together all the people's chief priests and teachers of the law, he asked them where the Christ was to be born. "In Bethlehem in Judea," they replied, "for this is what the prophet has written: 'But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means the least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will be the shepherd of my people Israel.'"

Matthew 2:4-6

Heaven

:pimp:

creedsister 12-13-2004 08:07 AM

ITS. INTERRESTING Of Course, Praise Jesus Wise men still seek him :jam: :jam: :jam:

HeavenBesideYou 12-14-2004 06:27 AM

Daily Bread

December 14th

"Private sin."

There is no such thing as a private sin. Sin always hurts someone.

But Israel was unfaithful concerning the things set apart for the Lord. A man named Achan had stolen some of these things...

Joshua 7:1-25

Heaven

creedsister 12-14-2004 08:49 PM

I Recall That Story Hev :jam:

HeavenBesideYou 12-15-2004 06:32 AM

Daily Bread

December 15th

"Jesus is Savior for all seasons."

Jesus is identified by many names stated or implied in the four Gospels... Notice how Jesus is identified in just this one passage: child, son, Jesus, great, Son of the Most High, King, son of David, and leader of Israel (Jacob). Jesus exhausts all descriptions, and yet chose to be limited to imperfect descriptions by becoming human. But this flood of names and descriptions helps us find Jesus a Savior in every trial and blessing of life.

The angel said to [Mary], "Do not be afraid, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever."

Luke 1:30-33

Heaven

creedsister 12-15-2004 11:00 AM

And he shall be called

The Lamb Of God The Resurrection The Good Shepered The Bishop Of Souls Man Of Sorrows Head Of The Church Faithful True Witness The Door The Living Water HighPriest Bread Of Life Rose Of Sharon True Vine Messiah Teacher The Beloved Master Mediator IMAGE OF THE Invisble God The Word Savior Sereveant Aurther And Finsher Of Faith Shilo PRINCE OF PEACE Bridegroom Son Of Man Immanuel Which Means God Is With Us, King Of The Jews Anchor Redeemer Light Of The World The Truth The way And The Lighy Day spring Prophet Carptner Wonderful The Rock judge HOLY ONE True Vine I Call Him Friend :jam: :jam:

HeavenBesideYou 12-16-2004 06:22 AM

Daily Bread

December 16th

"The praise of our lives and of our lips."

While Mary's submission to God's will costs her in ways we can never imagine, for Jesus to come to life in the hearts of people today our attitude must be the same as her attitude was on this night of miracle and mystery. We too, must be willing to be the Lord's servant and offer him the praise of our lives and of our lips. In Jesus, the Lord has done great things for us!

Mary said, "My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.... The Mighty One has done great things for me - holy is his name."

Luke 1:46

Heaven

creedsister 12-16-2004 11:04 AM

:jam: O Lord How MOST EXCELENT :thumbsup: Is Your Name In All The Earth Who Has Set Thy Glory ABOVE THE HEVEANS...Out Of The Mouth Of Babes Has Thou Ordained Stregnth B/c Of Thine Enmies That Thou Mightest Still The Enemy And The Avenger...I Consider The Hevs The Works Of Thy Fingers The Moon And The Stars Which You Have Ordained What Is Man That Thou Are MindfulOf Him?....The Son Of A Man That You Vist Him For You Had Made Him A Littlie Lower Than The Angels, And Has Crowned Him With Glory And Honour, You Made Him To Have Freaking Dominion Over The Works Over The Works Of Thy Hands You Put All Things Under His Feet O Lord Our Lord How Most EXCELENT Is Thy Name In All The Earth TO HIM ALONE AND TO HIM ALONE BELONGS THE HONOUR AND GLORY!!!!!!!!!

HeavenBesideYou 12-18-2004 07:28 AM

Daily Bread

December 17th

"God loves us incredibly and salvation is a precious gift."

Jesus first had to become the sins of the people before he could save them (us) from those sins (2 Cor. 5:21; 1 John 4:10). His own people rejected him before his forgiveness could be received. Jesus' gift of salvation was incredibly costly to him. It is a reminder of two great truths: God loves us incredibly and salvation is a precious gift.

An angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

Matthew 1:20-21

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 12-18-2004 07:30 AM

Daily Bread

December 18th

"Confession of sin brings the cleansing of forgiveness."

What can I do when I become aware of sin in my life?

But it we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us.

1 John 1:5-9

Heaven

creedsister 12-18-2004 11:16 AM

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou
December 17th

"God loves us incredibly and salvation is a precious gift."

Jesus first had to become the sins of the people before he could save them (us) from those sins (2 Cor. 5:21; 1 John 4:10). His own people rejected him before his forgiveness could be received. Jesus' gift of salvation was incredibly costly to him. It is a reminder of two great truths: God loves us incredibly and salvation is a precious gift.

An angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

Matthew 1:20-21

Heaven

Ann Allusion 12-18-2004 05:43 PM

excellent verse, heaven... :D
God will forgive...the human race should learn by example...if our hearts are light as the feather, we are welcomed home.

stillwater 12-19-2004 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Allusion
excellent verse, heaven... :D
God will forgive...the human race should learn by example...if our hearts are light as the feather, we are welcomed home.

The more you run, the more god wants you back; the further you fall, the higher you'll soar.

HeavenBesideYou 12-19-2004 08:33 AM

Daily Bread

December 19th

"God rewards those who give generously."

This week is Christmas. It's a time of giving, receiving, sharing memories. Yet, sharing and giving can be difficult... The very core of sinful human nature is the desire to get, not give; to accumulate, not relinquish; to look out for ourselves, not others. The Bible calls us to share many things, our resources, our faith, our love, our time, our talents, our money. Sharing is using and enjoying something we have with others.

To all of my online community friends, may you have a blessed time of sharing Christ's gifts to you this Christmas!!!

And if you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers, you will surely be rewarded.

Mathew 10:42

Blessings,

Heaven

Ann Allusion 12-19-2004 10:17 AM

Quote:

To all of my online community friends, may you have a blessed time of sharing Christ's gifts to you this Christmas!!!

ditto, Heaven... :)

it's not the gift...but the spirit with which it is given...