CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed Sound (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11251)

emissarygtrist 08-28-2006 03:13 AM

Creed Sound

What other bands out there do you guys think sound "Creedish." (other than AB and Stapp) LOL :lolsign:

bilal 08-28-2006 03:18 AM

Re: Creed Sound

none!

not even AB or STapp (solo)

Stapp's voice might come close to many singers... though stapp has his own style..... but i dont know any other band that plays Tremonti kinda sound/riffs ...... or say "Creedish" :) ..... not that i know..

RobertGene13 08-28-2006 01:15 PM

When people talk about those bands who sound like Creed, what are they talking about? I even remember in an interview semi-recently that Stapp mentioned that other bands out there, currently, have the Creed sound. I don't actually have a Creed sound defined just yet. I get the impression that bands like Nickelback or 3 Doors Down and the other bands who came out with a good song or two and fell off the face of the earth, were the ones he was referencing.

Agent D 08-28-2006 03:34 PM

Bands that people consider having that "Creed sound" are post-grunge bands. Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Revis, all the generic rock bands that aren't really distinct from each other.

metalchris25 08-28-2006 04:07 PM

I have to disgree with 3dd. they have a sound all thier own, and they have a distinct guitarist.

Agent D 08-28-2006 04:36 PM

3DD is just an example of the bands that most people lump together.

J.T. 01-19-2007 11:37 PM

I like Creed, their my second favorite band. But I disagree with what you guys said about Nickelback. They are my favorite band and they also have their own distinct sound. As soon as I hear a Nickelback song I automatically know its them, same with Creed. And they havent fallen off the face of the earth either, they are one of the biggest rock bands in the world.

bobben 01-20-2007 06:51 PM

Well....the Creed-sound works very well. Both 3DD and Nickelback have sold millions of albums....and all thanks to Creed...hehehe:D

BoundNTied 01-30-2007 07:09 PM

I always considered Creed one of the most original bands I've ever heard. Which is ironic because everyone says they're generic. But in a way, their generic-ness is a part of their originality because Tremonti plays rock n roll the way it's supposed to be played!!! He's the greatest riffer in the world and no one compares, I think.

HeavensOnFire 01-30-2007 09:04 PM

:D cant
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoundNTied
I always considered Creed one of the most original bands I've ever heard. Which is ironic because everyone says they're generic. But in a way, their generic-ness is a part of their originality because Tremonti plays rock n roll the way it's supposed to be played!!! He's the greatest riffer in the world and no one compares, I think.

i agree and yes from a certian prespective NO ONE, Can Master That Tremonti sound....now i would not say that no one compares, but nobody can master that sound From Human Clay And Weathered .....THERE IS ONLY ONE GUTIAR GOD..... //SLASH//:jam: :jam: :jam: on human clay....its kinda like john W. and geroge Lucas ,

BoundNTied 01-31-2007 06:38 PM

Hell yes. Nobody plays GUITAR anymore. Tremonti fucking PLAYS GUITAR!

J-Man 02-02-2007 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavensOnFire
:D cant
i agree and yes from a certian prespective NO ONE, Can Master That Tremonti sound....now i would not say that no one compares, but nobody can master that sound From Human Clay And Weathered .....THERE IS ONLY ONE GUTIAR GOD..... //SLASH//:jam: :jam: :jam: on human clay....its kinda like john W. and geroge Lucas ,

You made a good point there, the "sound" isn't really Creed, it's Tremonti's. He came up with the melodies, so it only makes sense to say that it's more of a Tremonti sound. It makes one want to re-ask so "Who really made Creed?" Funny how things turn around when we speculate. But if you think about it, if you were to hear riffs done by some of the greatest guitarists out there, you would automatically know who's "sound" it belongs to. So let me reiterate the "SOUND" is Tremonti's.

J.T. 02-02-2007 06:53 PM

Those headbang smileys are hilarious. Sorry, random comment. But yeah, Mark Tremonti is an excellent guitar player. I love Creed, but his work in Alter Bridge is awesome and I like that band too. Myles Kennedy is good but darnit hes no Scott Stapp.

BoundNTied 02-04-2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Man
You made a good point there, the "sound" isn't really Creed, it's Tremonti's. He came up with the melodies, so it only makes sense to say that it's more of a Tremonti sound. It makes one want to re-ask so "Who really made Creed?" Funny how things turn around when we speculate. But if you think about it, if you were to hear riffs done by some of the greatest guitarists out there, you would automatically know who's "sound" it belongs to. So let me reiterate the "SOUND" is Tremonti's.

I know. It kinda annoys me how everyone only notices Stapp. Like.. "Oh, Creed is an okay singer." They say Creed sounds the same as other bands just cuz of the voice. Everyone's tone deaf and don't actually listen to the MUSIC, just Stapp's somewhat annoying (but also somehow fitting) voice. His voice kinda does complement the music but I guess it does that just as much as it ruins it. Tremonti really should start a solo project cuz he ain't a bad singer.

shadyogrady 11-06-2007 05:38 PM

IMO, Creed has a sound all its own. Creed is one of many bands I enjoy. Those that put Creed over 3 Doors Down should take another listen. They are both are equally good and have their own sound. When I listen to Creed albums, I think they are very consistant. They continue the same sound from one album to the next. All great. With 3DD, their sound changes alot from the first to the second to the third album. All great again. I grew up in the "Hair Bands of the 80's" era and miss that style of band. It's nice to see those bands come out of retirement and play reunion tours. Nevertheless, Creed and 3DD are by far the best bands post 80's rock.