CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Scott speaks about his health during Weathered Tour (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7229)

Shadow 08-11-2004 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
God forbid they want to make a living. Seriously, I think the truth lies somewhere in between both sides.

I agree with that. I always say it takes two to tango :D

The Lithium 08-11-2004 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiclover291
I agree I just had the same thoughts. But what is meant to be is meant to be.

Yeah, and Stapp said in another interview that these feelings about a break up actually started after the Human Clay tour, but they kept on with Weathered. Oh well, who knows, we live here and now, and Creed is no more. (Problably).

aussiecreeder 08-11-2004 09:30 PM

Quote:

God forbid they want to make a living. Seriously, I think the truth lies somewhere in between both sides.

i agree the truth lies somewhere between the middle. this shows there is more to it and the tour should have being cancelled straight-away. i don't think that explains the break-up totally because i think there were too many personality issues and there are just too many negatives stories of stapp amongst other bands and creed fans. having two tumours and the tour wasen't cancelled? what was JHMP thinking? :mad:

Kimvan 08-11-2004 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
They should have at least taken an adequate amount of time off for his throat to heal the right way.

It was never a secret that he was on medication. Especially after the car accident. It's just that many wanted to believe something different.

Wow. I never thought of it that way. Mark always says he wants to tour and tour. Touring is the money maker when you're in a band.

In all fairness to Mark and Flip, I really do believe they love to tour simply for the "high" of performing for the fans, as Mark has stated in interviews. I just wish Mark would use a bit more tact in interviews when referring to the Creed break-up and how things transpired, given all that Scott endured for the sake of the band and success of the tour, he could have given that much respect to Scott in return.
And shame on the management "powers that be" for just letting Scott go on and on in such poor health! Now we all know where that statement about his most painful moment came from....and we know why he questioned if anybody "had his back"...makes me sick to my stomach, the greed involved, and at the expense of his physical and emotional health. :(

musiclover291 08-11-2004 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
i agree the truth lies somewhere between the middle. this shows there is more to it and the tour should have being cancelled straight-away. i don't think that explains the break-up totally because i think there were too many personality issues and there are just too many negatives stories of stapp amongst other bands and creed fans. having two tumours and the tour wasen't cancelled? what was JHMP thinking? :mad:

JHMP was thinking money. But I have to say that in this interview Stapp was not refering to the break up just the Weather Tour and his health. If I not mistaken. But also it does explain why he distance himself among the members, fans, bands etc. He has always said even going back when they got sued I saw him on a cable show can't remeber the name but anyhow he said that on the Weather Tour he was going through alot of things and felt really alone. Mark and Flip said in the first interview about the break up that one of the cause of the break up is that Stapp wanted to tour less and they wanted to work.

musiclover291 08-11-2004 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimvan
In all fairness to Mark and Flip, I really do believe they love to tour simply for the "high" of performing for the fans, as Mark has stated in interviews. I just wish Mark would use a bit more tact in interviews when referring to the Creed break-up and how things transpired, given all that Scott endured for the sake of the band and success of the tour, he could have given that much respect to Scott in return.
And shame on the management "powers that be" for just letting Scott go on and on in such poor health! Now we all know where that statement about his most painful moment came from....and we know why he questioned if anybody "had his back"...makes me sick to my stomach, the greed involved, and at the expense of his physical and emotional health. :(

Amen!!!!!!!!!!

Shadow 08-11-2004 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimvan

Well said Kim. :D

creedsister 08-11-2004 11:24 PM

:rockon:

TeriB19 08-11-2004 11:39 PM

This is the first any of us have heard anything about tumors or nodules as far as I know. I'm not trying to defend or take sides. I'm wondering if Scott shared that news with management. We all knew that he was stressed, tired and sick but it wasn't common knowledge about the tumors or nodule.

Mulletman 08-12-2004 02:19 AM

Yup, first time. The only medical complications that were ever released about Scott were the disks in his back during the car accident and his throat problems.

Dani 08-12-2004 03:12 AM

Quote:

That's pretty much how I see it as well.

There is also a full interview with Scott about the break up over at MTV.com if some of you haven't seen it yet MTV article

Trees of Wisdom 08-12-2004 04:28 AM

Geez, Scott Stapp trying to be a victim in all of this. Just check out the thread in the alterbridgeband.net forum.

http://p202.ezboard.com/falterbridge...cID=1962.topic

farmgirl 08-12-2004 08:05 AM

He isn't trying to be a victim...he admitted his fault in all this. That thread has alot of ignorant posts in it and isn't worth reading. It's just the same ole Scott bashers saying the same things.

Bridge of Clay 08-12-2004 08:40 AM

what's up with the shower girls talk?

farmgirl 08-12-2004 09:45 AM

:confused: Huh?