CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What a Way to Ring in the New Year!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=1121)

Kim V. 01-01-2003 11:11 AM

What a Way to Ring in the New Year!!

Oh, my, God! What an experience! Creed rocked Philly into 2003! I have to admit after reading the stories about Chicago, I was nervous but hopeful about the Philly show! But Scott was sober and really into his performance last night. He talked alot in between songs, telling what certain songs meant to him, being very transparent with his feelings; so much so that he was blinking away tears while singing WAWO. What a show Creed puts on - the pyro was great, Mark is a master on that guitar - we even got a pick (we were about 3 people back from the rail on Mark's side! Not bad for our first Creed concert, huh?) And Flip and Brett were fantastic; you can tell the boys really love what they do, and they definitely feed off the crowd's enthusiasm, especially Scott! Scott also announced that Mark and Victoria were married a couple of weeks ago, and Flip and his wife are expecting a baby! Also, Mark let this guy come up on stage and propose to his girlfriend in front of everyone (she said yes!):) And right before midnight, the guys went backstage, then came back out with some of their families/friends/crew and counted down to midnight (like the last 5 seconds) and Scott sang "Auld Langsign" (sp.?):confused: Then they ended with Higher and My Sacrifice. The opening bands, Submersed and Three Doors Down, were really good too! I couldn't have asked for a better first Creed concert experience!!:)

crest tattoo 01-01-2003 11:26 AM

Even though our show was rotten in Chicago, it makes me feel better knowing that Scott pulled it together.

Kim V. 01-01-2003 11:38 AM

I'm so sorry that Chicago was so bad; I guess Scott just wasn't up to doing that show, I don't know. I didn't mean to sound like I was bragging, please don't take it that way. Please understand that this was my first Creed concert, and like I said I didn't know what to expect, going last night. I guess I was just so relieved. Now the guys can get a well-deserved rest, having time to think, breathe, and just be.... Then when they're rested up, they'll come back better than ever with a new CD to rock us. I think after all they've been through this year, Scott will have some pretty heavy writing material to work with!

Weathered 01-01-2003 11:41 AM

maybe he was more excited since it was new years? :confused:

creed_affair 01-01-2003 11:50 AM

:dancing: :dancing:
I knew they would pull it together.

Maybe Scott was on meds for something (back or throat) and had a bad interaction. I know I've overestimated how much to drink (or not drink) with prescription meds.

I am thrilled the Philly concert was great!

TeriB19 01-01-2003 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by crest tattoo
Even though our show was rotten in Chicago, it makes me feel better knowing that Scott pulled it together.

That is the nicest thing I've heard any of the Chicago fans say. Thanks for that, crest tatoo. I'm sure that would make Scott and the guys feel better about things. I know it makes me feel better knowing that not all the Chicago fans will turn their backs on Creed.

SJack5802 01-01-2003 03:47 PM

Glad to hear the good news, Kim V.

KBoo925 01-01-2003 03:56 PM

Well, I'm still reeling a bit from last night...if I wasn't so tired I would probably still be screaming! Kim, I can't believe you were so close and we never met. Teri, Dogstar and I were right in front of Mark....it was AWESOME!!! Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait for the next tour and rock together then. Happy New Year,
Karin

CreedCrazed 01-01-2003 04:51 PM

I was at the Chicago show and all I could do was pray that Philly didn't have the same experience...glad you guys had a kick ass time...wish I was there...Happy 2003 Creed fans and Rock On!

Karen

CreedCrazed 01-01-2003 04:55 PM

By the way, how was Three Doors Down? I bet they rocked...I remember seeing them back in August 2000 when they opened for Creed in Tinley Park...man that was one Creed concert I would never forget...it was awesome. Wish I had that same experience on Sunday but what is done is done and it's a New Year. Rock On!

stealmyfreedom2 01-01-2003 05:03 PM

wow

i was at that 3dd/creed show back at tinley too.... now THAT was f'n awesome!! i was at the show here on the 29th.. floor.. right by mark.. didn't have as good of a time as i wanted, but glad to hear all is well now with scott.. get some rest.. regroup.. recoup.. spend some time with jagger... and crank out some more of the shit we all love!!

BTW for anyone in chi-town... 3DD at the house of blues coming up in Feb. I KNOW I'LL BE THERE!! WOO WOO
________
AIL Storm
________
FORD SAPPHIRE SPECIFICATIONS

CreedCrazed 01-01-2003 05:05 PM

Yeah I can't wait for that 3 Doors Down concert at HOB...I'm sure it will rock...I'm so glad that they are coming back to Chi-Town...their new CD rocks. Happy 2003 everyone...rock on Creed Fans!

TeriB19 01-01-2003 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CreedCrazed
I was at the Chicago show and all I could do was pray that Philly didn't have the same experience...glad you guys had a kick ass time...wish I was there...Happy 2003 Creed fans and Rock On!

Karen

Thanks Karen, that was really nice of you to say. Welcome to the bb and please stick around. We need more positive posts here lately. I know Chicago was a disaster, and I'm really sorry about that. But all the negative posts here lately are really bringing the bb down. We need to think ahead to a great new year.

CreedCrazed 01-01-2003 05:28 PM

Thanks TeriB...one concert could never change my love for Creed...sure I was dissappointed but that band has given me so much in the last four years. I hope the New Year will bring Creed and it's millions of fans...more great Rock and Roll and hopefully a chance to catch a great show in Chicago in 2003! Rock On!!!