CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Why Do People Hate? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=437)

Creed18 11-07-2002 02:12 PM

Why Do People Hate?

Why does almost everybody I know dislike or hate Creed? Through everything I've read I still can't understand it. Can somebody enlighten me? Please!!

Dogstar 11-07-2002 02:34 PM

Unfortunately there are a multitude of reasons. What bothers me about the people who don't like Creed is that they are just so hateful about their dislike. Some of them really can't stand Scott Stapp because of his supposed Jesus complex. Some mistakenly believe Creed are a Christian band and they are turned off by that. Some say they are unoriginal, which I find odd, because I think Tremonti has his own sound. Some say they are Pearl Jam wannabes (that's a real old one). Some don't like the radio-friendly softer songs. Some claim they are pop. Some people equate strong record sales with mediocrity, which isn't always the case...The list goes on.

faceless kiwi 11-07-2002 06:35 PM

Yep you've pretty much said it all there.
I took a lot of shit at school coz i liked them, but i dont give a stuff. Im proud to be a creed freak, but if those people new i spent so much time on this bb, well i dont know what would happen. They would think im crazy.

Dogstar 11-07-2002 07:37 PM

LOL, faceless, I hear ya. I'm an adult and I take a lot of sh** as well for my Creed freakiness. But I don't care. I like what I like. I don't give a rat's patootie what anyone else thinks!

Said Eyes 11-07-2002 08:32 PM

OH NOS! Someone doesn't like something that I like! Whatever shall I do?

In other words, you shouldn't give a flying fuck what other people think. Someone doesn't like Creed? Let them, it makes no difference whatsoever.

Weathered 11-07-2002 08:57 PM

well....no one around here really makes fun of creed or me for liking them...maybe not to many people know i like creed...who knows...but who cares what people say....they say creed sucks...lets see them stay at #1 for what was it 9 weeks stright?....lets see them sell out awhole tour...lets see them go 6 times platinum on their first album

JenRN 11-07-2002 10:01 PM

To be honest with you it is just plain jealousy, most men who are insecure with themselves dislike Scott Stapp because he is so secure with himself and such a chick magnet. Plus I think people just need something to complain about and Creed is just their target! Hey I don't care I get picked on all the time about being a Creed freak, I still wear my shirts and proudly display my sticker in my car window, they are something I truly believe in!!!!!!;)

faceless kiwi 11-07-2002 10:25 PM

Hey the more more people mock me about it, the more i'm gonna like them, and show off my love for creed.

JenRN 11-07-2002 10:32 PM

yeah! faceless kiwi I agree!:D

souldancer 11-09-2002 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
Unfortunately there are a multitude of reasons. What bothers me about the people who don't like Creed is that they are just so hateful about their dislike. Some of them really can't stand Scott Stapp because of his supposed Jesus complex. Some mistakenly believe Creed are a Christian band and they are turned off by that. Some say they are unoriginal, which I find odd, because I think Tremonti has his own sound. Some say they are Pearl Jam wannabes (that's a real old one). Some don't like the radio-friendly softer songs. Some claim they are pop. Some people equate strong record sales with mediocrity, which isn't always the case...The list goes on.
DANG...we need to get you working at Wind-Up or JHMP to kick butt and enlighten the media and general public! I VOTE FOR DS! YOU GO ! Creed needs you - the fans need you!

Dogstar 11-09-2002 01:33 AM

:D

luvscott4ever 11-09-2002 02:41 AM

I'm just glad I've never encountered any of that! The people I know think it's kinda cool that a person my age is soo into something like a rock n roll band!! Sure they give me shi*, but all in good fun and mostly to laugh at/with me cuz I am SUCH A CREED/SCOTT STAPP FREAK!! I'm affectionately known at work as the "Stalker" and my boss is constantly telling me b4 I go to their concerts that she doesn't want that call saying I'm not coming to work becuz I'm in jail for something related to Scott and she's always laughing about that!! And if ANYONE EVER gave me crap about them that was bad....I'd tell this to KISS MY ASS!!! My love and devotion for this band and my absolute OBSESSION for Scott will NEVER DIE!!! :angel:

luvscott4ever 11-09-2002 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by souldancer
DANG...we need to get you working at Wind-Up or JHMP to kick butt and enlighten the media and general public! I VOTE FOR DS! YOU GO ! Creed needs you - the fans need you!

I get to be her Assistant!! :D

Dogstar 11-09-2002 02:48 AM

You got it!:D

luvscott4ever 11-09-2002 08:56 AM

YYYEEEAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!
That makes me very, very ,verrrryyy HAPPY!! Could actually get to
meet the band that way huh??!!