CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cream Reunion - It's Official!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8227)

SmilinSkullRing 12-18-2004 04:58 PM

Cream Reunion - It's Official!!!

:D :cool: :smokin: :thumbsup: :jam: :wub:

How I've been waiting for this confirmation, and Eric did so last night!! I could only make sounds, no words, when I found out.

Now to get money to get to England!

CREAM REUNION: IT'S OFFICIAL!

After weeks of speculation it was announced today by Eric Clapton that legendary 60s supergroup Cream will reunite for 4 shows at London's Royal Albert Hall. The venue was the scene of the trio's last appearance in 1968.

Concert appearances have been scheduled for May 2005. Information regarding ticket sales has not yet been made public. These are the only Cream concerts scheduled. Details will be posted here as they become available.

Eric Clapton made the announcement on BBC Radio 2's Johnnie Walker show. The shows will be recorded. Eric also said that tickets will go on sale soon.

After leaving John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers in 1966, Eric accepted drummer Ginger Baker's offer to start a new band. Eric suggested bassist Jack Bruce. During its two-year life span, Cream - as in "cream of the crop" - released four albums: Fresh Cream (1966), Disraeli Gears (1967), Wheels of Fire (1968), and Goodbye (1968). The band's performances were not a series of three-minute hit song recreations but featured ground-breaking long-form improvisation around album cuts. The band's final two performances on 26 November 1968 at London's Royal Albert Hall were filmed. Farewell Cream has been released on DVD demonstrating the band's continuing popularity over the years. In the decades since the band broke up in late 1968, countless musicians have pointed to the power trio as an important influence on their own playing and style and the hard rock genre.

Cream reunited once before in January 1993 when they performed three songs at their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Dogstar 12-18-2004 06:03 PM

OMFG, I so wish I could go to this!!! That's going to rule.

aussiecreeder 12-18-2004 09:50 PM

surely they'll visit the states, i hope they do for your sake! :) having clapton and baker in the same band has to be breaking some sort of anti-fairness law surely. :) i knew the reunion was likely thanks to your posts at synergy and red mosquito ;) but its cool its now official.

Dogstar 12-18-2004 10:03 PM

Ohhhhhhh, I so hope they do visit the States.

SmilinSkullRing 12-18-2004 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
surely they'll visit the states, i hope they do for your sake! :) having clapton and baker in the same band has to be breaking some sort of anti-fairness law surely. :) i knew the reunion was likely thanks to your posts at synergy and red mosquito ;) but its cool its now official.

Aww, thanks. ;) Eric, Ginger, and Jack -- "cream of the crop." Maybe it was arrogance when Eric suggested the name, and the other two agreed, but wow, it's true.

I hope they make the States, but it really seems like there will only be these four RAH dates. If they do announce anymore dates it has to happen before I drop all of my money on England and become homeless. lol

aussiecreeder 12-18-2004 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmilinSkullRing
Aww, thanks. ;) Eric, Ginger, and Jack -- "cream of the crop." Maybe it was arrogance when Eric suggested the name, and the other two agreed, but wow, it's true.

I hope they make the States, but it really seems like there will only be these four RAH dates. If they do announce anymore dates it has to happen before I drop all of my money on England and become homeless. lol

i guess a DVD of this will happen but there is nothing like being there, which really goes without saying. that english pound isn't too friendly either, even compared to the US dollar.

SmilinSkullRing 12-18-2004 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
i guess a DVD of this will happen but there is nothing like being there, which really goes without saying. that english pound isn't too friendly either, even compared to the US dollar.

I hope a DVD does, but you're right nothing like being there. Especially for something as historic as this. I need a cheaper passion. :D

Higher_Desire 12-19-2004 12:02 AM

I'm not really a fan.

I can't wait until Creed sends out one of those. :rollyes: Yeah shut up. I still have hope.

H-D :xmas:

SmilinSkullRing 12-19-2004 02:03 AM

Sure thing. To each his/her own. But even though I'm a Creed fan, obviously, they don't even come close to the greatness of Cream or the members individually.

Also, it's been since 1968 that Cream have been together besides 3 song at the RRHOF inductions.

SmilinSkullRing 12-19-2004 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
OMFG, I so wish I could go to this!!! That's going to rule.

Without a doubt!

aussiecreeder 12-19-2004 06:30 PM

Quote:

Sure thing. To each his/her own. But even though I'm a Creed fan, obviously, they don't even come close to the greatness of Cream or the members individually.

Also, it's been since 1968 that Cream have been together besides 3 song at the RRHOF inductions.

bingo this is almost as big as led zeppelin reuniting......*sigh*

SmilinSkullRing 12-20-2004 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
bingo this is almost as big as led zeppelin reuniting......*sigh*

Except Cream are better and did it first. ;)

aussiecreeder 12-20-2004 06:03 AM

Quote:

Except Cream are better and did it first. ;)

better than zep? oh you crack me up......
;)

titan9 12-20-2004 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
I'm not really a fan.

I can't wait until Creed sends out one of those. :rollyes: Yeah shut up. I still have hope.

I do as well. But I'll be content with whatever AB and Stapp puts out.

I'm not really a fan of Cream, either, but it's cool that they're coming back together for 4 shows at least. It should please all of their fans.

SmilinSkullRing 12-20-2004 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
better than zep? oh you crack me up......
;)

I'm glad the truth is funny. :D