CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   gays in religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4592)

HeadachyMatt 10-09-2003 07:21 PM

gays in religion

so what do you think, is gay as evil as some make it out to be

yah yah i know what it says in the bible, but do you think a gay person who believes in God and is a good person still goes to heaven

i do

side note: i'm not here to argue it or anything like that, everyone has there opinion, no need to argue

SCOTTSMYMAN 10-10-2003 10:45 AM

Some people feel very strongly about this subject. I have nothing against gay people and yes, I feel if they are good people and believe they will go to heaven! Not everyone else will feel that way but I do!

MrSeeker 10-10-2003 12:56 PM

There is no such thing as a "good person", so no. It is only by receiving Jesus Christ and believing in Him. Good works have nothing to do with getting into Heaven.

Xterminator27 10-10-2003 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MrSeeker
<b>There is no such thing as a "good person", so no. It is only by receiving Jesus Christ and believing in Him. Good works have nothing to do with getting into Heaven. </b>

thats not a fact. You are guessing/assuming
The real way is whatever you want it tobe, because heaven is like a peace on earth, and you have to do more than belive jesus. but follow his example to make our and others lives as good as can be. Cuz if we accomplish that, then we have already reached heaven, because mayby thats what heaven is.

TeriB19 10-10-2003 04:27 PM

I believe that all people who live a good, helpful caring life and do good things for others are accepted by God. Gay, straight, black, white, polka dotted, whatever. I don't feel that God discriminates. Therefore I don't either.

MrSeeker 10-10-2003 05:28 PM

"Believe what you will,that is your right,but i choose to win,i choose to fight"

MrSeeker 10-10-2003 05:29 PM

Oh,and that is fact, just because you cant face it,doesnt make it a guess.

Torn Signs 10-12-2003 11:54 AM

Quote:

Oh,and that is fact, just because you cant face it,doesnt make it a guess.

I 100% agree.

MrSeeker 10-12-2003 05:16 PM

Right on!

bgivens33 10-12-2003 05:56 PM

Quote:

<b>There is no such thing as a "good person", so no. It is only by receiving Jesus Christ and believing in Him. Good works have nothing to do with getting into Heaven. </b>

Actually, you are assuming that. You are interpreting a few bible verses the way you think they should be interpreted. The bottom line is God decides who gets into heaven. And if he thinks you've lead a good life and have done great works, and wants you in heaven, I'm pretty sure you'll be in heaven.

MrSeeker 10-12-2003 06:02 PM

I wouldnt be so sure. The Bible clearly says, No way,but through Jesus Christ.
Why the heck does the Bible have to do with every thing important in life? hmmm... when you get married,what do they read out of? When you are sworn to tell the truth what do they make you put your right hand on. Did you know that in the old days the Bible is what kids used for school? why do you think that is?

Xterminator27 10-13-2003 05:54 PM

Quote:

I wouldnt be so sure. The Bible clearly says, No way,but through Jesus Christ. &nbsp;
Why the heck does the Bible have to do with every thing important in life? hmmm... when you get married,what do they read out of? When you are sworn to tell the truth what do they make you put your right hand on. Did you know that in the old days the Bible is what kids used for school? why do you think that is?

the bible was written by 50 old men who had over 39 different books written 1900 years ago, 100 years after jesus died.
The bible is really over 100 books long but they took out most of it cuz it would be to boring.
Its not a rulebook based off true facts, it is a hypothetical stroy that has thousands of deep hidden meanings told by hundreds of storys,

for ecample i will explani it to the people who do not understand

"No way but through jesus"
Meaning jesus is teh good and "right" Things off all stuff. The only way you can be a happier person and make those areound you happier (go to heaven) is through jesus or throught the good will and goodness of people.

if you look DEEPLY not just at the surface, not just belive and think whatever is blindly given to you, but LOOK into teh actual book and lessons, you will see that it is like most creed songs, deep meanings of how you and I can live a true more heppier life for everyone. For that is the entire purpose of religion, and of all religions, to make our world a better place and to make everone as happie and caring, and good as we can be.
All religions do that, and Christianity isnt the "RIGHT" religion that if you dont belive it you wont burn in hell for being taught a different way of being good.
Hell is what our lives and world could be if we are all crule and uncaring to each other, we would be depressed, hurt, and unhappie. Heaven is the good and all the happines our world can accomplis hif we are nice , kind and giving to all.
"to eneter heaven is to enter a world of peace, happiness and joy tha tuou must make with otehrs and yourself.

thats my thoughts on it
of course you can belibe wha tu want

MrSeeker 10-13-2003 06:53 PM

Christainity isnt a religion my friend...

Xterminator27 10-13-2003 07:27 PM

Quote:

Christainity isnt a religion my friend...

Catholic
cristianity
whateber
i eman catholic

Torn Signs 10-14-2003 12:49 AM

I understand, this is just one lost soul yet Mr. Seeker. They do not seem to understand until something drastic happens,...no arguing please :nono: :argue: Just my opinion, sorry to babble.

Quote:

Originally posted by Xterminator27
Catholic
cristianity &nbsp;
whateber
i eman catholic

MrSeeker 10-14-2003 01:59 AM

:confused:
Kevin,has Torn confused you? why yes...yes she has...
anywayz, you mind if i add you to my AIM buddy list Torn?

Torn Signs 10-14-2003 07:58 AM

Sure, I don't mind go ahead and do that. I'll do the same here if you let me. Peace out. ;)

Quote:

:confused: &nbsp;
Kevin,has Torn confused you? why yes...yes she has...
anywayz, you mind if i add you to my AIM buddy list Torn?

MrSeeker 10-14-2003 07:41 PM

Cool, my AIM name is MrSeeker04 just incase you didnt know ;)
I dont know if yours is correct so,just IM me if ya see me on.

RMadd 10-14-2003 09:52 PM

Interesting question, never really thought about it before.... It is my personal (and denomination's) belief that homosexuality is wrong. So homosexuality could be viewed as a sin. My denomination, Lutherans (MO Synod) believe that, to be saved, you only need to be baptized in the name of Christ and to believe, wholeheartedly, in the triune God and that Christ is your savior. So, if you think about it, everyone sins, but people make it to heaven anyways. So it's quite possible they do.

HeadachyMatt 10-15-2003 02:03 AM

mr. seeker,

if a gay person goes to church, believes in jesus, ext

then does he go to heaven, hmmmmmm

very true the fact we all sin, so its unfair for us to say a gay person will go to hell cause he sins, cause we all do

not that i'm saying u said that

MrSeeker 10-15-2003 02:29 AM

Sin is not allowed into Heaven,so if being gay is sinning then i would say no, same thing with any other sin. It has nothing to do with being gay. I dont have anything against them, i dont know why someone would be gay,but whatever. Also,being gay is not somthing that is supposed to happen, God made it so a woman and man would be together, proof being that a certain male part fits perfectly into a certain female part. God didnt make it so that two males or two females could reproduce,did he. ; )
(sorry if that offended anybody)

HeadachyMatt 10-15-2003 11:35 AM

your opinion, like i said, i'm not here to argue

you have your opinion, i have mine

but take this into thouhgt, we ALL sin, if sin isnt allowed into heaven, we will all burn

think about a few sexual sins that we all commit, gays arent alone

self-pleasing

oral sex (giving or recieving)

sex before marraige

sex with no intention of having a kid

.....these sins are held as with gay sex, we all commit those sins at one point, thats why Jesus dies, forgiveness

its for this reason, sense no one is perfect, that i believe a good person who believes in God, gets into heaven

MrSeeker 10-15-2003 07:54 PM

if your married and have sex that is ok, God made it so when you get married that you and your spouse would become one,whether you intend to have kids or not.
FYI: i have never commited any of those sins which you have typed. I plan to wait until i am married. Like i said before sin is not allowed into Heaven. We must repent of our sins, and go and sin no more. Period

HeadachyMatt 10-15-2003 08:51 PM

lol, i find it hard to believe you've never pleased yourself

and i bet you have oral sex many times durring your marraige

but whatever, more power to you and what u believe

MrSeeker 10-17-2003 07:49 PM

I did at one time,but i stopped because i felt as if i were kinda saying my gf isnt worth waiting for,so i quit. So i repented and sinned no more, like people are supposed to do.

Xterminator27 10-17-2003 08:20 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Torn Signs+10-14-2003 04:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Torn Signs @ 10-14-2003 04:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I understand, this is just one lost soul yet Mr. Seeker. They do not seem to understand until something drastic happens,...no arguing please :nono: :argue: Just my opinion, sorry to babble.

Quote:

Catholic
cristianity *
whateber
i eman catholic

[/b][/quote]
yhea your right
Cristianity is the way of life
all the millions who belive in other religions will all burn in hell because the ywere never taught that jesus existed and thats all that matters. The bible and catholism MUST be right and everyone else in the entire planet and universe are wrong becuase we were taught that it was right so it MUST be right, i mean i wouldnt doupt it a bit, those jewish bastards who belive differently and the germans can all die because their thoughts are different than ours. Catholism is and HAS to be the right way and its TRUE, just because you cant face it dosnt mean its not true, its says in a 1900 year old book written by many people to promote peace, so it CANT be wrong. Im catholic and you are so everyon else dont matter, they are just misguided and WE are the truth-seeing ones. They know nothing. When we all die, their religions are usless and they are all fake or not true because catholism MUST be right because I learned it as a child.
the blind bastards will never see the truth even though more than 4/5 people think differenty, they will all go to hell because i say so.
I AGREE 100%

PS im just giving you a comment in a different prespective of somene else, i am catholic and i belive in god in some extent, but you must look at ALL sides of the picture to know the meaning,

"The ones who only see with one eye are the only truly blind people"

I like discussing this stuff and i make/ think 90% of everything i say here. Look at some of my threads a few months ago, i say how The worold is turning from God and at that point i belived that the Catholic way was the only way. But then i got into highschool and i opened my sight on the different sides of the big picture and learned in that time, more about the truth and meaning of religion than i did before.
Remember This is a world of opinion and personal thought, im sorry but the only lost people here are the ones who only look at one side and toss aiside the others. Shure you were raised one way, but it is always god to branch out and see what elese is in the world.
like i say on all religion posts
THIS IS MY OPINION and im am not trying to force it on anyone else, im just giving others ideas/ thoughts about the world and religion and such

RMadd 10-17-2003 08:26 PM

I agree w/ both what Mr Seeker and Matt are saying.... on one hand, we all die as sinners, and it depends on our beliefs (and other things, depending on whatever denomination/religion you are) that determines whether we enter into heaven or the "weeping and gnashing of teeth." I have never seen in the Bible that pure, perfect heterosexuality is such a determinant for salvation; all sins are equal in God's eyes, so would it be fair to say if you were a believer who followed your religion's beliefs almost perfectly, and you stole a candy bar from a store then got run over by a car crossing the street (dying immediately, unable to confess your sin), that you would be not permitted to enter heaven. I'm sure you'd agree this seems quite absurd; however, if, indeed, all sins are equal, than shouldn't believing gays be allowed into heaven? I, however, am certainly not advocating homosexuality; I believe that God creating, as MrSeeker points out, the perfectly interlocking parts was no accident. Ask yourself this: how would a population in which homosexuality "ruled" remain in tact? Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve, my friends.

MrSeeker 10-18-2003 01:33 AM

Yup, thats right BearFan :D
( :huh: whats up with the new crapy faces?)

Torn Signs 10-18-2003 09:28 AM

Quote:

<!--QuoteBegin-Xterminator27+10-17-2003 06:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xterminator27 @ 10-17-2003 06:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Quote:

Catholic
cristianity *
whateber
i eman catholic

yhea your right
Cristianity is the way of life
all the millions who belive in other religions will all burn in hell because the ywere never taught that jesus existed and thats all that matters. The bible and catholism MUST be right and everyone else in the entire planet and universe are wrong becuase we were taught that it was right so it MUST be right, i mean i wouldnt doupt it a bit, those jewish bastards who belive differently and the germans can all die because their thoughts are different than ours. Catholism is and HAS to be the right way and its TRUE, just because you cant face it dosnt mean its not true, its says in a 1900 year old book written by many people to promote peace, so it CANT be wrong. Im catholic and you are so everyon else dont matter, they are just misguided and WE are the truth-seeing ones. They know nothing. When we all die, their religions are usless and they are all fake or not true because catholism MUST be right because I learned it as a child.
the blind bastards will never see the truth even though more than 4/5 people think differenty, they will all go to hell because i say so.
I AGREE 100%

PS im just giving you a comment in a different prespective of somene else, i am catholic and i belive in god in some extent, but you must look at ALL sides of the picture to know the meaning,

"The ones who only see with one eye are the only truly blind people"

I like discussing this stuff and i make/ think 90% of everything i say here. Look at some of my threads a few months ago, i say how The worold is turning from God and at that point i belived that the Catholic way was the only way. But then i got into highschool and i opened my sight on the different sides of the big picture and learned in that time, more about the truth and meaning of religion than i did before.
Remember This is a world of opinion and personal thought, im sorry but the only lost people here are the ones who only look at one side and toss aiside the others. Shure you were raised one way, but it is always god to branch out and see what elese is in the world.
like i say on all religion posts
THIS IS MY OPINION and im am not trying to force it on anyone else, im just giving others ideas/ thoughts about the world and religion and such [/b][/quote]

Never did I say that I oppose others with other religions. I have many friends who have their religions. I do not prod them in any direction. I am just saying that yes, there are some out there who do not understand yet. I was raised to be a Catholic, but I didn't agree with it. I found my own way. And big deal because there are more important people out there that have more important careers and goals and that can help this dump called a world in better ways than I have. In my book, nobody is a bastard, nobody is wrong for not seeing one way or the other. We have all grown up in different aspects, we all find and learn things at different times. I can't help everyone, some must go to Hell, it's destined.The 1900 year old book says to love everyone, which in a way I understand, yet can't do. Some like what they have, others suffer. I do not like this world peace thought either. It is evil. Now that is confusing. Now I wish to not argue, so I will keep it zipped. And good luck with Catholicism, I hope it goes well B)

HeadachyMatt 10-20-2003 12:01 PM

mr. seeker, bearfan, i see what both of you are saying

guess we will have to wait and see if elton john gets into heaven, then we will know the answer, LOL

RMadd 10-22-2003 10:58 AM

Ouch!.... That is, assuming he's saved.

MrSeeker 10-22-2003 07:44 PM

Mostly likely not,since he is gay...

HeadachyMatt 10-23-2003 11:19 AM

ahhh it was a joke

i hope he get there, how could he not, all those awesome songs he does

come on mr seeker, u like him too admit it

come on...elton....i wanna here "your song" live

lol

MrSeeker 10-24-2003 01:37 AM

Actuallly ,i cant stand him,but its cool if you do. Im just more into the heavy side of music,thats all...

Prs4me 10-24-2003 06:34 AM

First off, I'd like to say hi cause I'm new to this board. This seems like a cool board with less junk on it than some of the other creed forums I've seen.
IMHO and beleifs, being gay is no different than stealing a candybar or lying to your parents as you were growing up. Sin is Sin, God makes that clear. Will sinners be allowed into heaven? Yes. Romans 8:20 says that All men have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. So first off you need to believe that your are sinner and give it to God. My pastor once said the pre-requesite to entering heaven is sinning, because if you cant admit that you've sinned then you have a problem. Belieiving that Christ is really who he said he is isnt enough either, the bible also says that even the Devil and his demons believe and tremble. You have to accept what Christ has done for you and walk in Him. Being baptized doesn't get you into heaven nor going to church or doing "good" things. God says that Salvation isnt by works lest any man should boast. You need to believe in the death, burial and ressurection by faith. Kinda like milk, you dont need to understand why brown cows can eat green grass and produce white milk. You just have to accept it. So jus accept what Christ has done. I'm not gay, but I am a sinner, saved by grace, not by the few things I do right. My sins have been payed for by Christ's death on the cross. It's through Him that I have eternal life, not by me.

HeadachyMatt 10-24-2003 12:13 PM

very nice

souldancer 10-26-2003 01:03 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-TeriB19+10-10-2003 12:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TeriB19 @ 10-10-2003 12:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I believe that all people who live a good, helpful caring life and do good things for others are accepted by God. Gay, straight, black, white, polka dotted, whatever. I don't feel that God discriminates. Therefore I don't either.[/b][/quote]
What a beautifully divine response. Why, you must live a CREEDFUL life of peace and love, unlike those judgemental types that tout words litterally. ;) (** let's pretend this eye is blinking and it;s little a@@ is shaking while singing "'naughty, naughty, why is it so hard to just give love to all??!")**

whitebird 10-26-2003 01:12 PM

Darn, Souldancer you make me laugh!! This board was hurting without you, you add so much.

RMadd 10-27-2003 06:51 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-MrSeeker+10-13-2003 04:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MrSeeker @ 10-13-2003 04:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Christainity isnt a religion my friend... [/b][/quote]
MrSeeker, would you care to expound on how Christianity is not a religion? Catholicism is merely a denomination (sect, division, etc.) of Christianity. Protestantism grew out of Catholicism, and there are many Protestant denominations (Lutheran, Baptist, Presbyterian, United Church of Christ, etc.). Christianity IS a religion by virtue of the fact that all Christians (whether denominationally Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Presbyterian, UCoC, or whatever else) believe in Christ as their one true savior and in God (whether he's triune or the godhead, this issue is another denominational issue).

RMadd 10-27-2003 06:52 PM

And what you say, Prs4Me, is very true. I agree.