CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   silly forms of music? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9034)

aussiecreeder 04-25-2005 04:31 AM

silly forms of music?

yes i know all genres are equally valid blah blah but come on there are some silly ones out there. exhibit A is christian death metal......nothing says praise the lord like rah raaahhhhhhhh raaahhyyaaa raaaahi raaaaaaaaaaa backed by really heavy and depressing music.

RMadd 04-25-2005 01:21 PM

true true
how about country? if i want a drinking song, i'll take Lil Jon any day over any lame-ass twangy, drawling "I've been sittin' here all day just tryin to drink my sorrows away".... and if I want a lovin song, there's always Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross, etc. for me country is just fuckmazingly annoying. and silly.

titan9 04-25-2005 02:42 PM

Lol, I hate Rap, R&B, Country and Pop the most. So I guess they'd be silly forms of music for me, lol.:laugh:

But, I agree with Aussie, Christian Death Metal is pretty silly. Really, that screaming type of metal(the type where you can't understand a word the vocalist is singing) is silly. The music might be alright, but the vocals just stink in my opinion. I like the type of Rock music where I can actually, ya know, UNDERSTAND what the vocalist is singing. Otherwise, it seems kinda pointless for me to listen to it.

creedsister 04-28-2005 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
yes i know all genres are equally valid blah blah but come on there are some silly ones out there. exhibit A is christian death metal......nothing says praise the lord like rah raaahhhhhhhh raaahhyyaaa raaaahi raaaaaaaaaaa backed by really heavy and depressing music.

Well I For One Taketh Metal Very Serious I Dont Find It Silly At All :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: PRAISE AND PLAY WITH A LOUD NOISE But Good Lord Help Me What Is Sily And Makes Me Deppressed Oh THE AGONEY OF BLUE GRASS GOSPEL ...It Makes One Think That The Good Lord Said Oh Let My Children Suffer No Longer Let THERE BE ROCK IN ROLL PRAISE YOU JESUS THANK YOU LORD For Having Mercy Up On Us ....And Nobody Laugh At Me B/c Im Serious As A Heartache...Where Would We Be :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: .. :D ..Something To Think About ... :Really ...

RMadd 04-28-2005 10:10 AM

i don't think they're bashing jesus, just the fact that it doesn't seem "jesus" and "death" metal" are perfect complements for each other

revisfoot 04-28-2005 06:55 PM

You know what I find silly?

American Idol (or, as I like to call it, "American Karaoke")!

I can't stand that -- get up there, sing someone else's songs and try to make it "big". Come on, do it the REAL way!! I don't need American Idol to "make it".

aussiecreeder 04-28-2005 07:48 PM

I'm with you on Idol although I must confess it can be addictive viewing! :o

creedsister 04-28-2005 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
You know what I find silly?

American Idol (or, as I like to call it, "American Karaoke")!

I can't stand that -- get up there, sing someone else's songs and try to make it "big". Come on, do it the REAL way!! I don't need American Idol to "make it".

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa Dorks

Ivan_Creed 05-14-2005 03:37 AM

Quote:

Christian Death Metal is fun!!! :jam: :jam: :banana:
It's all up to someone's taste, and it would be ridicoulous to discuss about it (in a manner that it is silly and whatever..)....

I hate rap and alike, but that's my opinion, and I won't harm anyone.

I don't know why I posted here. :D

Wylde-Tremonti 05-25-2005 01:48 PM

Pop-Punk... that's like a COMPLETE Contradiction

creedsister 06-15-2005 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan_Creed
It's all up to someone's taste, and it would be ridicoulous to discuss about it (in a manner that it is silly and whatever..)....

for the same reason :D im doing it DEATH METAL is truly where its at HAAAAAAAAA i dont know why they labeled it CHRISTIAN DEATH METAL because there is,nt really much of a differ HAAAA,

aussiecreeder 06-16-2005 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan_Creed

whether its fun or not isn't really the point. the point of any christian music is to worship. now i'm all for rocking out ( love some metal but death metal isn't my thing i must admit) but christian and death metal shouldn't go together IMHO.

creedsister 06-16-2005 04:21 PM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I Worship Just Fine i dont have a probleam with that ...I worship Pray Get It All Out , The Go For Something Mellow And Then By That Time Its Hits And Grabs You :) That We Worship The UNIVERSAL GOD :jam: :jam: everybody has that right TO WORSHIP HOW THEY FEEL...i gotta be honset i take just a good old fashion feel sometimes and then it only makes me wanna PRAISE LOUDER AMEN AND AMEN, The Louder The Better Everything Else Just Holds Ya Back*** :D LET EVERYTHING PRAISE DA LORD !!!!! :banana: Because EVERYTHING HEARS THE LORD, So The Lord Can Be Heared Now Those Who Look For Other Passages Other Than Believing GOD IS THE EVERYTHING GOD And Without Nothing Him NOTHING WAS ... Im Changing topic ..but of course im known to do that :D and i cant help my lit self...

Ana4Stapp 06-16-2005 06:16 PM

I know respecting all the differents music tastes is the correct policy but country music is silly, and rap and pop music are also silly!!!! And I definitely dislike any kind of christian music... ;)

Ivan_Creed 11-26-2005 02:40 AM

Quote:

whether its fun or not isn't really the point. the point of any christian music is to worship. now i'm all for rocking out ( love some metal but death metal isn't my thing i must admit) but christian and death metal shouldn't go together IMHO.

I do understand it might be a oxymoron (and this you will understand only if you actually listen to Death Metal), but some people want to praise him loud, and when they say DM, they probably mean the style of music, not ideology and philosophy of it. One good example might be the band Demon Hunter (there are probably better than this, but not even close to actually 'popular' as Demon Hunter)... :)