CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Arrested---fake Mark. (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=2899)

njcreedite 04-29-2003 04:50 PM

Arrested---fake Mark.

This was just in.....YUK can you imagine the women who didn't come forward??
Clearwater police arrest man who posed as Creed guitarist

The Associated Press

A man who had people on Clearwater Beach believing they were socializing with the lead guitarist of the rock band Creed is under arrest after police say he used his claim to fame for hotel charges and to steal a woman's credit card.

Over the past few weeks, a man staying at beach hotels claiming to be Mark Tremonti, the lead guitarist of the rock band Creed, has handed out and autographed copies of publicity photos and attracted crowds of fans at beach bars.

Police said the man turned out to be a Kevin Eckenrod, a nomadic 40-year-old who has racked up more than 60 arrests in Florida over the last decade, many for scamming and swindling.

Eckenrod, who has more than 30 aliases, was being held Tuesday in the Pinellas County Jail on $20,000 bail on charges of fraudulent use of a credit card and scheming to defraud. The public defender's office had no immediate comment Tuesday.

Police arrested Eckenrod Sunday as he stood in the middle of a crowd signing autographs. Eckenrod does have a slight resemblance to Tremonti, though he is 11 years older than the guitarist.

"The crowd thought it was him," Clearwater Officer Chris Ziermann said. "I think they were kind of taken aback that he wasn't from Creed."

When police arrested Eckenrod, they say he told officers: "It's my hustle. I am a stone-cold alcoholic and it's my way of getting my drinks and a place to stay," a police report said.

He later told police: "This is getting old, but you have to admit I do look like the guy from Creed."

Clearwater officers first encountered him April 9 after an employee at the Adams Mark Hotel grew suspicious when Eckenrod persuaded a bartender to charge $160 in food and drink to a room.

He spent 13 days in jail before pleading no contest to defrauding an innkeeper and obstruction. He was sentenced to six months of probation and ordered to repay the hotel.

The night of his release from jail, he was back on the beach signing autographs for a group gathered around him.

A woman who later invited him to her home told police Eckenrod took her credit card from her back pocket while he was kissing her. Sunday, she spotted Eckenrod at a restaurant and called police.

JulieCitySlicker 04-29-2003 05:01 PM

Whodawhat!:eek: Now that is just wrong:confused: What a wanker:rolleyes:Glad they caught that jerkoff:mad:

Agent D 04-29-2003 05:06 PM

Oh, brother. I am also glad they arrested that jackass.

musicsaves 04-29-2003 06:11 PM

OMG, I wonder if Mark knows...

Marty 04-29-2003 06:25 PM

I bet Mark is flattered, I would be. I'd be a bit scared too.
________
LIVE SEX

njcreedite 04-29-2003 06:27 PM

I think he'd be freaked out and a bit angry. This guys making him look bad. I wonder if this guy really looks like him. I wonder if there is a pic somewhere.

TeriB19 04-29-2003 10:10 PM

I'd be freaked out too, I'm already freaked out.

JenRN 04-29-2003 10:15 PM

People are freakin crazy!:eek: That guy sounds like a TOTAL looser:rolleyes: Yeah that is all they need is some crazy ass stalker guy who thinks he is Mark!

JulieCitySlicker 04-29-2003 10:17 PM

I think Mark should sue:devil: j/k;)

luvscott4ever 04-29-2003 11:18 PM

I'd like to see a picture too...Cuz if he doesn't really look like Mark, there are a bunch of REALLY stupid people out there, especially if they're Creed fans...We "true" Creed fans would have known right away it wasn't him, and the guy's 11 years older than Mark...oh come on people, get a clue!! :o)

goddess_bb 04-29-2003 11:25 PM

Sweet Geeeeezzzzzz...
Somebody pretending to be Mark....and the chick who had her credit card stolen...duh, dumb chica...Mark is married..and still a newlywed so why in the hell would he be in a bar picking up on stupid easy women??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Of course maybe I should be careful here cause I would say that beautiful man could pick me up ANYTIME...and then I would be easy but never dumb...hehehe:lol: :lol: :lol:

JulieCitySlicker 04-29-2003 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by goddess_bb
Sweet Geeeeezzzzzz...
   Somebody pretending to be Mark....and the chick who had her credit card stolen...duh, dumb chica...Mark is married..and still a newlywed so why in the hell would he be in a bar picking up on stupid easy women??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  

Of course maybe I should be careful here cause I would say that beautiful man could pick me up ANYTIME...and then I would be easy but never dumb...hehehe:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Marty 04-30-2003 08:55 AM

I would be freaked out too, and a bit angry as well, but I'd also laugh out loud because, I mean if you are famous enough for people to pretend they are you...
________
AlishaAndJack live

hotforscott 04-30-2003 10:03 AM

Oh my gosh you guys, that is insane. What a weirdo. We need to be on the lookout for Kevin Eckenrod in Orlando. If we run into Mark while we are down we need to ask, are you sure you aren't Kevin Eckenrod? LMAO! I think we know enough about them to tell if it's him or not. Those beach people were just "Regular" Fans. LOL. I bet Mark is laughing his ass off about it. I would be freaked, but laughing at the same time, too.

Sheila63 04-30-2003 11:11 AM

LOL!!! I know what you mean, Carrie!! But you're right, we'd know if it was really Mark or not if we saw him and not this guy impersonating him. Unbelievable!! I'm with Jen, some people are crazy!