CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Random Thoughts (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=2148)

Dogstar 11-21-2011 06:53 PM

Re: Random Thoughts

Way cool on your BIL's new album. My nephew is in a ska/punk band and he's recording right now. He plays sax. He's awesome (I could be biased, too, haha). Ska/punk's not really my thing, but I will buy whatever he puts out just to lend support :D.

Very cool on your writing, too, VJ.

VJ Raven 11-24-2011 10:46 PM

Thanks Dogstar! :D

Your nephew's band sounds pretty cool too... Sax isn't an easy instrument to learn so that's freaking awesome he's able to play it!

I didn't get a chance to write the other day, school was cancelled... We had a major snowstorm hit, the first one of the year! *FACE PALM* I wasn't impressed but happy at the same time because Son was home for the day.

I'm busy with things in Sanctuary right now again.. We're gearing up for an upgrade in software there too! Hopefully it'll be starting any time now. :D

VJ Raven 11-27-2011 05:05 PM

Nine freaking hours and still not all of the kinks are ironed out from our upgrade at Sanctuary... Gee whiz, my eyes are crossing!!! :nut: :thud:

Dogstar 12-02-2011 02:47 PM

Ugh, that stinks, VJ. My nephew is one of those people who can pick up an instrument and start playing it. It's unreal!

Faceless Man 93 12-06-2011 04:22 PM

Independant writing projects suck. I think I'll stick with the fanfiction circuit.

I'll let you guys be the judge, here's my work. Should I continue or not?

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/290557...Away_Blackbird

VJ Raven 01-22-2012 05:42 PM

I tried writing CSI fan fiction a few years ago... FAIL!!

Going from that chapter alone, it has a lot of potential Facelessman... :)

I've worked out a few things with Untitled #7 and am chugging right along with it... But I see a rewrite for one scene in the future... LOVELY!! *head desk* But the good news is I am up over 24,000 words so far (all scenes combined so far!) and am slowly working my way to my goal of 100,000 words... :D

Faceless Man 93 01-23-2012 07:11 PM

It would be really cool if we could see a ultra group. Mudvayne meets Creed with Metallica thrown in.

VJ Raven 01-26-2012 09:17 AM

Still chugging along with the writing. I haven't rewritten that scene yet but it's on my "to do" list for draft 2 of the story....

Ana4Stapp 02-04-2012 04:03 PM

Missing all people here...

Faceless Man 93 02-05-2012 07:08 PM

Rooting for the NY Giants for the superbowl since my team, Dallas Cowboys, is not in the cards.

Dogstar 05-24-2012 01:22 PM

Yikes, it's been a while since I've dropped in! Hello, fellow Feeders :D

VJ Raven 06-05-2012 05:11 PM

YIKES, has it been THAT LONG since I came over here??? *sheepish grin* Guess the writing has really taken over my life more than I thought!!! :thud:

Well, in the last few months, not only have I made a TON of changes in my story, I have jumped from just under 20,000 words to over 90,000, the majority of the story added in over the last three months!! It's moving right along... I'm almost halfway finished the darn thing!! *BLINK!*

So much has gone on the last while... A few weeks ago, I went to see my BILs' band perform live for the first time, at a memorial jam for a friend of mine's son who passed away too early... The guys did great even though they had a LOT of technical difficulties. Older BIL is both the singer AND the drummer and he couldn't hear anything but his drums... *FACE PALM* They got a lot of applause and were the only bad who did original material during the entire 12 hour show. I'm VERY proud of them! :bounce: They performed my three favorite songs by them, "Higher Planes", "Sea of Tears" and "Whom Gods Destroy", plus four others that I also like. I could be biased though........... *whistling innocently!*

I'm still moderating in "Sanctuary", still a Forum Guide in "MW" and life has been pretty darn good. Now if we could just get warmer temps here I'd be one HAPPY girl... It's been rainy and chilly the last few days, it feels more like NS temps for April instead of June!! UGH. :rolleyes:

Dogstar 06-06-2012 03:31 PM

Sounds like you have been busy, VJ. Welcome back :) and I hear you about the weather. It was in the low 50s yesterday. I almost wore a jacket--in June!

VJ Raven 06-07-2012 09:46 AM

Thanks Dogstar! It's great to be back! HUGS!!! :D

Things are going to slow down with the writing during my son's summer vacation though... He has the terrible habit of shoving things between my face and the monitor a lot, especially when he hears my fingers hitting the keys on the keyboard... :rolleyes: I'll get a few hours here and there to work on it, like if my husband takes him shopping or if I work on it after the guys go to bed. I'll figure out a way, we writers/aspiring authors always do!! LOL

UGH, I don't like cold weather at all. I've been wearing sweaters, socks and sneakers the last few days and we've been turning on the heat again so I don't freeze my toes off, it's been that bad. Things are supposed to warm up over the weekend but knowing Nova Scotia, we'll get warmer weather just as a hurricane is coming up the coast and get clobbered with it, knowing my stupid luck. BLECH!!!

Faceless Man 93 06-13-2012 05:03 PM

I FINALLY GOT MY HANDS on a physical copy of Alter Bridge Live from Amsterdam!!!