CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Stapp's Voice Still Bad? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11212)

Steve 08-11-2006 03:43 PM

Stapp's Voice Still Bad?

I didn't attend any of Stapp's concerts from the last couple legs he did (on his own and with INXS), but I just downloaded a bootleg of him from 6/11/2006 opening for INXS and he sounds horrible in My Sacrifice. The first song of the set, Fight Song, was pretty good but it didn't have any of the high notes like My Sacrifice has... ugh...

BTW, the bootleg is great recording quality and can be found on dimeadozen.org ...

Agent D 08-11-2006 04:49 PM

Re: Stapp's Voice Still Bad?

That's too bad. I won't be bothering to see him anywhere.

nagpo 08-11-2006 07:03 PM

hmm i guess im not missing out. ill stick to jut buying hist cd's instead of going to his concerts.

BobbyMcGee 08-11-2006 08:52 PM

Actually I saw Scott live in concert on the first leg of his tour and he totally rocked the house!
________
Full melt hash
________
Lovely Wendie99

ABYanks 08-11-2006 08:59 PM

scotts voice is awesome....saw him twice.....u cant go by what u hear on the computer cuz nothing u dl was legal so none of it was done the correct way

titan9 08-11-2006 10:41 PM

I've heard other bootlegs where he sounds superb. I think it just kinda depends on the type of night he's having, voice-wise. He's still capable of sounding great at any given time.

Steve 08-11-2006 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABYanks
scotts voice is awesome....saw him twice.....u cant go by what u hear on the computer cuz nothing u dl was legal so none of it was done the correct way

Being "legal" has nothing to do with how his voice sounds.

And btw, this is not meant as a bashing thread. It's an observation I had... that's why I asked the question in the thread topic... this is only one single show. I still like opening up my old Creed bootlegs from 1998 when he sounded perfect. :) I miss those days...

Dogstar 08-12-2006 04:02 AM

Me, too. One of my favorites is the Graffiti Lounge show and man, he was just awesome. Lafayette was really good, along with Munich. *sigh*

Chase 08-13-2006 12:38 AM

I don't think is voice is "bad." I just think it's deteriorating a bit because of extensive touring and strain from the way he sings. I'm not going to be like "f*ck him then, I won't pay to see him." I'm just going to realistically understand that most singers don't sound as good the older they get.

Steve 08-13-2006 10:40 AM

That's one reason why I like Nickelback and finger eleven. Say what you will about their music, but Nickelback puts on a great live show, and Chad Kroeger sounds just like he did 8 years ago. :) Same goes for finger eleven. Saw them open for Creed in 1999 and the singerl still has a great voice!

in reality 08-13-2006 02:26 PM

I think Stapp sounds very good live. I saw him in concert on the first leg and that HOB clip was awesome too. I hope he puts out an ep or a cd soon again. Can't wait for it. Chad Kroeger does sound great. I really like the song "SAvin" Me". Now I see Evanescence has a new single called "Call me when your Sober". I have to hear that one yet.

nagpo 08-13-2006 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
That's one reason why I like Nickelback and finger eleven. Say what you will about their music, but Nickelback puts on a great live show, and Chad Kroeger sounds just like he did 8 years ago. :) Same goes for finger eleven. Saw them open for Creed in 1999 and the singerl still has a great voice!

lol dude nickelback sucks watch this video its funny

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nl2L3wmMgb0

Steve 08-14-2006 12:36 AM

That's not funny. They could have been seriously injured. And that's old anyways...

Like I said in my post above, like their music or not, they put on one hell of a live performance. I brought a friend to one of their shows once who hated the band but they admitted the live show was very good.

Creed7352 08-17-2006 03:28 AM

the funny part is actually reading the comments about that nickelback video...lol idiot ass people.

Creed7352 08-17-2006 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
I still like opening up my old Creed bootlegs from 1998 when he sounded perfect. :) I miss those days...

no, u cant go by what u hear on the computer cuz nothing u dl was legal so none of it was done the correct way...lmao!!