CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Great Divide Billboard review (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9729)

Bridge of Clay 10-10-2005 11:16 AM

yeah, he's using the same producer to make'em sound alike.

But Tremonti could do much better arrangements, imho.

The Lithium 10-10-2005 11:25 AM

That's so silly of Scott... As I said in another thread, the one about Stapp playing Creed songs on tour. I think it's a lack of creativity and self-confidence!

HuMaN~ClAy 10-10-2005 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
That's so silly of Scott... As I said in another thread, the one about Stapp playing Creed songs on tour. I think it's a lack of creativity and self-confidence!

well whatever the case, I'd rather he do this than going ahead with that hip hop thing that there were talks about last year!! LOL!! what a joke that would have been!

titan9 10-10-2005 11:29 AM

Either that, or WU is somehow urging him to carry on the legacy of Creed. You know WU, they're all about the money and Creed was a huge money-maker for them. I wouldn't be shocked if they are somehow urging Stappy to make a solo CD that sounds just like a Creed CD. But, of course, this could all be Stapp's choice.

Dogstar 10-10-2005 11:58 AM

Sadly, I think Wind Up probably does have too big a part in determining the sound of a band. It's why a lot of their bands sound the same.

Bridge of Clay 10-10-2005 01:34 PM

As Ryan said, it's Creed promoting Scott Stapp instead of Stapp promoting himself.

I'll still not judge him for TGD coz it's pretty clear Screw-Up chose the most Creedish song to start the transition phase, as they did it with AB too.

The Lithium 10-10-2005 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Sadly, I think Wind Up probably does have too big a part in determining the sound of a band. It's why a lot of their bands sound the same.

Yeah, could be, but they didn't do that with AB. I think that Mark and Flip would have wanted to leave WU if WU told them they had to make a fourth Creed record.

Just to check; we are talking about John Kurzweg as Scott's "new" producer, right?

Creed7352 10-10-2005 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar

yes...and it's why a lot of them "wind up" dropped from the label when going in for album 2.... :mad1:

12 stones
american pearl
breaking point

and more that i can't think of...there have been too many! LOL

The Lithium 10-10-2005 02:13 PM

Seven Wiser was one. But 12 Stones are still on WU!

Creed7352 10-10-2005 02:24 PM

LOL!!!!! oh yeah, what the fuck was i thinking?!? i think i put them cause they've been lacking in promotion...i apologize...i knew they were still on WU. :D

The Lithium 10-10-2005 03:17 PM

Yeah, WU just won't promote anyone anymore!

Dogstar 10-10-2005 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Seven Wiser was one. But 12 Stones are still on WU!

They might as well have dropped them for all the promotion they got. It's like Submersed. Live, they were unreal, and not that I don't like the CD, but I think WU had too much of a heavy hand in the production. The spark from the live performance is missing from the CD.

uncertaindrumer 10-10-2005 08:01 PM

Wind Up does indeed stink. They just feed the fire in terms of making more boring generic over-distorted under-substantiated bands.

Soundslave 10-13-2005 09:19 PM

Creed was Wind-Up's big money maker. When Creed split up, I'm sure they decided that Stapp would be the best chance to make money from the Creed legacy. No matter what you do, Myles will never sound like Stapp, but you can have Stapp's backing band play similarly to Mark and Flip, and to the casual listener, it will be like Creed never broke up.