CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Feedback On Forums... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7802)

Steve 10-26-2004 02:37 AM

Feedback On Forums...

Please let me know if you have any problems with the forums. Broken link? Things loading slow? Something doesn't look right? Colors are bad?

Please include in your post what browser you are using if it's a display problem. Also include what kind of internet service you have if it's a speed issue.

TeriB19 10-26-2004 09:14 AM

Much faster than it was last night, Steve. No problems so far.

Bridge of Clay 10-26-2004 10:36 AM

What happened to the Stapp forum?

I like the CreedFeed look... but I didn't like the Alter Bridge one, to be honest... that green shades are weird. And it looks like a leaf of hemp behind the AB logo.

But it's faster than it was and I like the fact it looks clean, very wise lay out. :)

I didn't have any problem so far as well.

Torn Daredevil 10-26-2004 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
And it looks like a leaf of hemp behind the AB logo.

LOL...that's kinda what I thought...Maybe a different color scheme...

Steve 10-26-2004 11:38 AM

Stapp forum has been removed. It caused too many problems. I still have all thte posts that were made in the forum. I'll be moving them into the Creed forum. You may still discuss Stapp and his solo career in the Creed forum.

haha hemp. ;)

Thanks for the feedback. I was uneasy about the new colors for ABR when I finished the template myself. I did grab them all of the album cover though !! I think I may revert it back to the old scheme I had before the revamping was done. Or do you have any other ideas for color schemes?

Ann Allusion 10-26-2004 12:25 PM

Quote:

Stapp forum has been removed. It caused too many problems.

thanks for the replies in all the forums to the particular question as for the removal of the Stapp forum...BUT...

being the person i am, i have to ask...what exactly were the "problems" you are refering to???

Disagreements with opposing opinions???...ummm, is that not what people are supposed to do...discuss their opinions or thoughts on these boards???

the only problem i saw was that those who did not like stapp or the people posting in that particular forum, would get a little testy from time to time...and that would be THEIR problem...not yours...

as an administrator, of course you have the choice of how to run your bb...no biggy...but what does bother me is how the atmosphere is becoming restrictive if one chooses to discuss anything BUT Alter Bridge...

In otherwords...if one isn't an ALTER BRIDGE FREAK then their opinions, thoughts, or posts basically appear to mean very little to anyone...

just a few thoughts i have had...and if i am going to be banned once more for expressing my opinions here, as i was under my other screen name at another bb...then so be it...but, i believe that as long as replies to posts are done so in a respectable manner, both language wise and in the way they are expressed...that there should be no problem with them at all.

My suggestion would be why not have a stapp forum but put it under GROUP RESTRICTION...could be a way to make it work... ;)

Steve 10-26-2004 12:48 PM

You know Ann you are correct - people are supposed to have discussions and arguments will flare up on any message board. The problem was that there were too many arguments spreading up. Some posted there just to start problems. Others humor those people and keep the arguments going. It becamse a big hassle. That is what becomes my problem. When people start complaining about the forums, posts, or individual board members.

I agree that most of the discussion on here has been Alter Bridge and is mainly because I originally only had the Creed forum. Then I added an AB forum. I finally added the Stapp forum after word of his solo album and solo work coming out. When nothing happened with his work, and AB releasing an album and touring, that was the main thing to discuss - AB.

But since I've gotten too many requests, I've put the forums back. I will be monitoring the discussions in there however. Ones that consist of "out of hand" arguing will be closed / removed. I think it's fairly safe to say that you can figure out what "out of hand" arguing is. Just keep discussions peaceful and there won't be a problem.

(I'm not directing the last part at you Ann, because I know you are a very reasonable person and you do not start problems on the forums. The last part is just a statement to everyone.)

Ann Allusion 10-26-2004 12:54 PM

Quote:

But since I've gotten too many requests, I've put the forums back. I will be monitoring the discussions in there however. Ones that consist of "out of hand" arguing will be closed / removed. I think it's fairly safe to say that you can figure out what "out of hand" arguing is. Just keep discussions peaceful and there won't be a problem.

thank you, steve...that is a very fair way of handeling the situation... :)

Steve 10-26-2004 01:02 PM

I blame my "tiredness" for simply closing it last night and not thinking about it heh ;)

Bridge of Clay 10-26-2004 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
haha hemp. ;)

Thanks for the feedback. I was uneasy about the new colors for ABR when I finished the template myself. I did grab them all of the album cover though !! I think I may revert it back to the old scheme I had before the revamping was done. Or do you have any other ideas for color schemes?

I loved the old color scheme!!! :D

besides, when Myles and Mark saw it for the first time... they had a huge grin on their faces! ;)

OneOmerta 10-26-2004 03:20 PM

Well Steve...I think you rock for putting the forum back. As an admin of a board myself...I've made it my personal goal to NOT get involved in fights between members on the board if they occur...nor will I delete threads or intervene in discussions that become heated. I just simply ignore the complaints (have yet to have any actually.....slow board lol) but for me...it makes my life easier...I don't have time to be on the bb's frequently...so yeah. I never did understand why people email/pm admins to complain about what's going on in a thread...or to complain about other members. I've been on these bb's for 4 years..and always thought that to be...well...weird lol. If I don't like a certain thread...I just don't go in there ;) Never the less....this is a great site...so thanks for that.

Mertie

Bridge of Clay 10-26-2004 11:08 PM

YEAH! THE OLD SCHEME IS BACK!!! It does looks better Steve!!!

But the image behind "Alter Bridge Rocks" still looks unusual! lol

Steve 10-27-2004 12:38 AM

lol - when or if I find something else to put there, I'll change it. Any ideas?

RMadd 10-27-2004 01:54 AM

i like the new look, as i told you earlier on AIM... i've still got my skin set to creedfeed, so it reminds me of home in some weird way. the abrocks colors were a bit too much for me.

Higher_Desire 10-27-2004 01:58 AM

I'm not a big fan of the look. Although, I usually don't like the way you redo them, and then end up getting use to it. I think one of the big things I don't like is the white/light grey color of the background. I like the darker colors better. Also, the main page seems a tad harder to navigate than before.

H-D :pimp: