CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dream Theater.... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8560)

DekWannaBFlea 01-30-2005 12:22 AM

Dream Theater....

Anybody around these parts like the band Dream theater? I am a new fan and i have Scenes from a memory and Train of Thought.

Anybody else like em?

RMadd 01-30-2005 12:38 AM

I like 'em. CD's I own: Awake, A Change of Seasons, Scenes from a Memory, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, and Train of Thought. I also downloaded all of Images & Words.
If you like Dream Theater, check out Liquid Tension Experiment. They've got 2 albums, put out in the late '90s (the aptly named Liquid Tension Experiment & Liquid Tension Experiment 2). John Petrucci (guitar), Jordan Rudess (keyboards), and Mike Portnoy (drums), all part of DT, are part of this badass instrumental supergroup. Their bassist is Tony Levin, famous for his membership in King Crimson. I, personally, would recommend starting off w/ LTE, as I prefer that one to LTE 2.

DekWannaBFlea 01-30-2005 03:25 AM

Anybody else? Dogstar?

RMadd 01-30-2005 05:02 AM

I think she's a big fan, but doesn't like LTE so much. I'm pretty sure it was her, anyway.

The Lithium 01-30-2005 05:08 AM

They seem alright

rabidgopher04 01-30-2005 10:35 AM

I've heard some Dream Theater songs before. From what I can recall the music sounds very precise. I mean it just sounds really tight and precise. I can't think of another way to describe it than that. Know what I mean?

RMadd 01-30-2005 11:36 AM

Yeah, Gopher, I hear what you're saying. John Petrucci, the guitarist, is veeeeeery technically accomplished. So are the other guys.

DekWannaBFlea 01-30-2005 02:01 PM

They have PHDs in their instruments.

DekWannaBFlea 01-31-2005 08:41 AM

Bump

revisfoot 01-31-2005 09:11 PM

Yeah, they formed at Berkeley. That is amazing. I have quite a few of their albums, and I think, so far, Rudess is the best keyboardist they've had. And, also, Petrucci is a freakin' MACHINE on that guitar. Just watch the live at budokan DVD. My God...

RMadd 01-31-2005 09:57 PM

Petrucci's got a new album coming out in the next couple months, I believe. definitely looking forward to that!

Sincirr 02-10-2005 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea
They have PHDs in their instruments.

Youre kidding!!! Are they available to read?

I like Dream Theatre but I can only listen to them for like 15 minutes and my brain gets fried!!! :eek:
One of the DT keyboard players is in a band with the guitarist of Kings X called Platypus. I like them too! :)

DekWannaBFlea 02-10-2005 09:31 AM

Lol, well I guess it is just an aquired taste.

Sincirr 02-10-2005 08:11 PM

Well I listen to Frank Zappa heaps and if U know his music its really crazy and even multi-modal at times LOL, and i can handle it, but I dunno, Dream Theatre scare me!!! hehe

Sooooo, have they published their PHD papers?

DekWannaBFlea 02-10-2005 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sincirr
Well I listen to Frank Zappa heaps and if U know his music its really crazy and even multi-modal at times LOL, and i can handle it, but I dunno, Dream Theatre scare me!!! hehe

Sooooo, have they published their PHD papers?

I have no clue, but it would be cool to find out.