CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Censored 'Whats This Life For' on the Greatest Hits (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8276)

rocksoldier 12-27-2004 04:36 PM

Censored 'Whats This Life For' on the Greatest Hits

I just got the GH for xmas and 'whats this life for' is edited without the 'god-damn' lyric at the end. Did they release a non-edited version of this song on any Greatest Hits CD? I can not find any info so I thought I'd post a messege here. thanks

titan9 12-27-2004 04:57 PM

I don't think so. They should have, though.

Xterminator27 01-02-2005 05:07 PM

they edited out damn?

Oh god what has this world come to?

Higher_Desire 01-02-2005 05:28 PM

There is only the one version. Not really sure why they did that.

And, X, they edited out God. Not Damn. It's because the word "God" offends more people than "damn" does. Pretty screwed up, huh? It's weird that the name of a person is more offensive than a profane word.

H-D :pimp:

Agent D 01-02-2005 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
And, X, they edited out God. Not Damn. It's because the word "God" offends more people than "damn" does. Pretty screwed up, huh? It's weird that the name of a person is more offensive than a profane word.

They do that because it's going from a really bad swear (god damn) to a lesser swear (damn).

Dogstar 01-02-2005 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
I don't think so. They should have, though.

Yeah.

Scotts Angel 01-03-2005 12:08 AM

Yeah. I always find it amazing the things they choose to edit out, and the things they feel are alright to leave as is. It's like it depends on what side of the bed they wake up on that day! :rolleyes:

titan9 01-03-2005 12:48 PM

Well, the words "God d**n" are offensive to some, and those words might warrant a PA label(not sure of that) so I guess they just decided to play it safe and censor it. I still think they should have came out with both a censored and non-censored version.

Muad'Dib 01-05-2005 02:49 AM

I dont see the big deal with it.

creeddane 01-05-2005 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muad'Dib

the big deal is it sounds like crap ....

jammy123 01-05-2005 06:59 AM

the edited version sounds like shit

titan9 01-05-2005 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muad'Dib

The big deal with it is that it is probably offensive to some(and by some, I mean some of the Christian fans of Creed) I've heard that some copies of MOP had the PA label on them because of those words. I bet Wind Up just wanted to avoid that and made the edited version. They really should have released two versions of the Greatest Hits, though.

AlterCreed 01-05-2005 04:19 PM

censor

it was because of the parental warning thing that shows up if u breathe incorrectly on a track nowadays. they had to censor "God" out or they get an explicit lyrics sticker. which dont sell unless your Eminem or whoever the hell else. how stupid is that.

Unforgiven Fan 01-06-2005 10:33 PM

saying gd will not get you a PA sticker and it is not that bad, if they are trying to please the uptight christians or the pop fan base...well they can shove that CD were the sun don't shine (and I just censored myself...oh man...stupid FCC)...but I am glad I did not get the greatest hits now or it would be in a million peices...

Dogstar 01-06-2005 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
The big deal with it is that it is probably offensive to some(and by some, I mean some of the Christian fans of Creed) I've heard that some copies of MOP had the PA label on them because of those words.

Sheesh, I just bought Pretty Hate Machine by NIN and that has f*ck throughout and there wasn't a PA label. Go figure.