CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Daily Bread (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7750)

creedsister 09-24-2005 11:56 AM

Amen And Praise The Lord

take heed that ye do not your alms before men to be seen of theme otherwise ye have no reward therefore when thou doest thine alms do not sound a trumpet before thee as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets that they may have Glory And Respect Of Men And Indeed They Have Their Reward but when thou doest alms let not thy left hand know what thy right hand is doing that thine alms may be in secret and thy father which seeth in secret shall Reward thee openly Matt.Ch.6.1.18

HeavenBesideYou 09-25-2005 08:52 AM

Daily Bread

September 25th

"God hates sin."

Don't you? I know I do. But isn't it amazing how we'll fall back into the same old traps again and again. This is where John, the tender Shepherd that he was, hits the nail on the head. The goal is to not commit even one sin. But, knowing our struggle against the flesh, John also gives assurance to those of us trying to live faithful and pure lives that when we do sin, the sacrifice for our sins, God's Son, is also our defense attorney.

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense -- Jesus Christ the Righteous One.

1 John 2:1

Heaven

:pimp:

creedsister 09-25-2005 11:51 AM

Amen!!!!

the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord And He Delighteth in his way Though He fall He Shall Not Be utterly Cast Down For The Lord Up Holdeth Him With His Hand I Have Been Young And I Have Been Old Yet Have I Not Seen The Righteous Forsaken Nor His Seed Begging For Bread He Is Ever Merciful And Lendeth His Seed Is Blessed Depart From Evil And Do Good And Dwell For more psalm 37.23.27

HeavenBesideYou 09-26-2005 07:06 AM

Daily Bread

September 26th

"God hates injustice, unfairness, brutality and abuse."

In a world where the greedy, the murderous, the thieves, the rapists, the muggers... get away with their shameless and despicable behavior, God is the ultimate assurance that justice will be done and the wicked will not triumph. While those who love and expect Jesus' return do so with anticipation and joy, those who are evil and vile will find out what a dreadful thing it is to fall into God's hands.

We know him who said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge his people." It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Hebrews 10:30-31

Heaven

creedsister 09-26-2005 10:57 AM

Amen!!!

Rev.22.14.15 Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of Life And may enter the gates unto the city :) For Without pestlinces for without Dogs Whoremongers Sorcerers and murders and whosoever loves and makes lies for these are the seeds of the father of lies the seeds of confusion and and of lies and knows excaltey what home they chosen for themeselfs

creedsister 09-26-2005 11:16 AM

Praise The Lord For He Is Good

1 Sam.16.14.23 But The Spirt Of The Lord Departed From Saul And An Evil Spirt From The Lord Had Troubled Him Behold now an evil spirt From GOD troubled thee let our God now command thy serverants which are before thee too seek out a man who is a cuning player on a harp and it shall come to pass when the evil spirt from God is upon thee that he shall play with his hand and thou shalt be well and saul said unto his servants provide me now a man that can play well and bring him befor me then they said behold i have seen son of jessie that he be cunning in playing and also a man of war and prudent in all matter and a comely person PRAISE GOD AND THE LORD WAS WITH HIM SAUL SENT FOR DAVID WHICH IS WITH THE SHEEP AND JESSE TOOK AN ASS LADEN WITH BREAD AND WINE AND A KID AND SENT THEME BY DAVID HIS SON UNTO SAUL And David Came To Saul And Stood before him and he just love the boy greatly and he became became his Ar~mourbearer and saul sent to jessie saying let david i pray thee stand before me for he hath found favor in my sight AND IT Came to pass when the evil spirt from God was upon saul that david took an harp and played with his hands so saul was refreshed and was well and the evol departed from him ...

HeavenBesideYou 09-27-2005 07:01 AM

Daily Bread

September 27th

"Facing temptation."

Know this: you are not the first [to be tempted], nor will you be the last. And do not despair; it doesn't indicate that you are failing spiritually.

The fact is, it indicates that you are on the right track. You might be surprised to learn that it even happened to Jesus.

After the dove came the devil.

After the blessing came the trial.

Immediately following His baptism, Jesus marched into the wilderness to be tempted. Yet Jesus, as our champion and representative, met Satan face-to-face—and won. We can both share in His victory and follow His example.

Then the Devil took him to Jerusalem, to the highest point of the Temple, and said, "If you are the Son of God, jump off! For the Scriptures say, 'He orders his angels to protect you, and they will hold you with their hands to keep you from striking your foot on the stone.'" Jesus responded, "The Scriptures also say, 'Do not test the Lord your God.'"

Matthew 4:5-7

Heaven

creedsister 09-27-2005 10:48 AM

Praise The Lord!!!!!!!!

yes after the babtism came the trials :) PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: THE LORD IS MY LIGHT AND MY SALVATION WHOM SHALL I FEAR THE LORD IS THE STRENTH OF MY LIFE WHEN THE WICKED AND MY FOES CAME TO EAT UP MY FLESH THEY STUMBLE AND FELL THOUGH A HOST SHALL SHOULD ENCAMP ANGAINST ME MY HEART SHALL NOT FEAR THOUGH WAR SHOULD RISE AGAINST ME IN I SHALL TRUST THEE O LORD O GOD one thing have i desired of The Lord i will seek after that i may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life to behold the beauty Of his majesty to inquire his temple for in time of trouble he shall protect thee and hide in secret and set me upon Rock where i shall not be moved and now my head shall be lifted in thy palms of thy hands therefore i will offer sacrafice Of JOY PRAISE WILL I SING Hear Oh Lord When i Cry With my voice have mercy and hear when thou saidst seek ye my face my heart said unto thee oh oh thy face will i seek hide not thy face far from me put not thy serveant away in anger thou hast been my only help leave me not neither forsake me O God Of my salvation I Had Fainted unless I had believed to see the goodness of The Lord In The Land Of The Living WAIT ON THE LORD BE OF GOOD COURAGE AND HE SHALL STRENGTHEN THEE THINE HEART WAIT I SAY ON THE LORD

HeavenBesideYou 09-28-2005 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsister
yes after the babtism came the trials :) PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: THE LORD IS MY LIGHT AND MY SALVATION WHOM SHALL I FEAR THE LORD IS THE STRENTH OF MY LIFE WHEN THE WICKED AND MY FOES CAME TO EAT UP MY FLESH THEY STUMBLE AND FELL THOUGH A HOST SHALL SHOULD ENCAMP ANGAINST ME MY HEART SHALL NOT FEAR THOUGH WAR SHOULD RISE AGAINST ME IN I SHALL TRUST THEE O LORD O GOD one thing have i desired of The Lord i will seek after that i may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life to behold the beauty Of his majesty to inquire his temple for in time of trouble he shall protect thee and hide in secret and set me upon Rock where i shall not be moved and now my head shall be lifted in thy palms of thy hands therefore i will offer sacrafice Of JOY PRAISE WILL I SING Hear Oh Lord When i Cry With my voice have mercy and hear when thou saidst seek ye my face my heart said unto thee oh oh thy face will i seek hide not thy face far from me put not thy serveant away in anger thou hast been my only help leave me not neither forsake me O God Of my salvation I Had Fainted unless I had believed to see the goodness of The Lord In The Land Of The Living WAIT ON THE LORD BE OF GOOD COURAGE AND HE SHALL STRENGTHEN THEE THINE HEART WAIT I SAY ON THE LORD

Amen Sis!!!

:bounce:

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 09-28-2005 07:03 AM

Daily Bread

September 28th

"The Holy Spirit."

The Holy Spirit is God's abiding gift, God's seal and promise. The Spirit is our assurance that what he began with Jesus' sacrificial death and our participation in it through faith and baptism, he will bring to completion. But the world cannot understand this great promise, just like it cannot understand much of Scripture, because without the Spirit, their eyes see only what they can touch with their fingers and not what is true in God's heart.

The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Corinthians 2:14

Heaven

creedsister 09-28-2005 02:09 PM

Amen!!!

I Will Not Ya WITHOUT THE COMFORTER :bounce: :bounce: :syncdance What Is This Precious Comfort As Safe As A Mothers Arms And The Best Friend And The understander And Your Everything...For It Is Holy And All What Is Holy Is Protected... 1 Cor 2 12.16 NOW, We Have We Have Received Not The Spirt Of The World But The Spirt Which Is Of God That We Might Know The Things that Are Freely Given To Us Of God , Which Things Also We Speak Not In Words which Mans Wisdom Teacheth ...But The Holy Ghost Which Compares Comparing Spirtual Things with spirtual But The Natrual Man Receiveth Not the things of the spirt Of God For They Are Fooolishness unto him neither can He know theme because they are because they spirtiually diserned But He That is spirtual judgeth all things yet he himself is juged of no man for who hath known the mind of the lord that he may instruct him ? but we have the mind of Christ

HeavenBesideYou 09-29-2005 07:06 AM

Daily Bread

September 29th

"Running the Race."

As he watched athletes training for and competing in their games, Paul saw an illustration of the struggles and victories of the Christian life. Although our final victory over death through Christ is always assured, we must strive for daily victory over the issues and temptations we face now.

Look hard at your spiritual life. Are you vigorously participating in the game, barely keeping pace, or merely watching from the stands?

24. Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
25. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
26. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air.
27. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Heaven

creedsister 09-29-2005 12:00 PM

Praise The Lord

not as though i had already attained either were already perfect but i follow after if that i may apprehend that for which also i,am apprehend of christ jesus i count not myself to have apprehended but this one thing i do forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forth unto those things which are before ..i press toward the mark for the prize of the High Calling Of God In Christ

creedsister 09-29-2005 12:17 PM

Praise The Lord!!!

Praise Ye The Lord FROM THE HEAVENS PRAISE HIM HEIGHTS PRAISE YE HIM ALL HIS ANGELS PRAISE YE HIM ALL HIS HOST PRAISE YE HIM SUN AND THE MOON AND STARS ALL YE STARS OF LIGHT PRAISE HIM YE HEAVENS OF HEAVENS AND YE WATERS THAT BE ABOVE THE HEAVENS :) LET THEME PRAISE THE LORD FOR HE SAID AND I WAS CREATED AND IT WAS DONE HE HATH HE STABLISHIED THEME FOREVER AND EVER HE HAD MADE A DECREE WHICH SHALL NOT PASS PRAISE YE THE LORD FROM THE EARTH YE DRAGONS AND ALL DEEPS FIRE HAIL AND SNOW VAPOR STORMY WIND FULFILLING HIS WORD PRAISE ON!!! The Sorrow Of Separation As The Hart Panteth Oh Lord After The Water Brooks So Panteth My Soul After God FOR The Living God My Soul Thirsty For God When Shall I appear Before Thee Oh Lord my tears have been my meat day and night while they continualy say unto me Where Is Thy God When I Remembear These Things I Pour Out My Soul Before Thee PRAISE SOME MO!!! BE MERCIFUL UNTO ME O GOD FOR MY SOUL TRUST IN THEE YEA IN THE SHADOW OF THY WINGS WILL I MAKE MY REFUGE I WILL CRY UNTO GOD MOST HIGH GOD THAT PERFORMS ALL THINGS FOR ME HE SHALL SEND FROM HEAVEN AND SAVE ME FROM THE REPROACH OF HIM THAT WOULD SWALLOW ME UP SEND FORTH HIS MERCY AND TRUTH,

HeavenBesideYou 09-30-2005 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsister
not as though i had already attained either were already perfect but i follow after if that i may apprehend that for which also i,am apprehend of christ jesus i count not myself to have apprehended but this one thing i do forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forth unto those things which are before ..i press toward the mark for the prize of the High Calling Of God In Christ

"Since no one is perfect, it follows that all great deeds have been accomplished out of imperfection. Yet they were accomplished, somehow, all the same."

– Lois McMaster Bujold

:D

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 09-30-2005 07:00 AM

Daily Bread

September 30th

"Good, better, and best."

I don't know about you, but my most difficult decisions are not about choosing between good and bad. I usually know what is good and what is bad, especially when bad involves evil. My toughest choices are when I have to choose between good, better, and best. My love for God usually overcomes my weakness and I choose good over bad. But unless I've placed myself before God's word and surrendered my heart to him in prayer, I have a very tough time choosing between good and best. Yet I'm convinced that much of what God would love to do through us today does not happen because we've settled for good when he longs to lead us to best!

This is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ.

Philippians 1:9-10

Heaven

creedsister 09-30-2005 01:19 PM

Amen And Amen And Amen!!!!

I Said AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! If We Die Whith Christ We Shall Also Live With Him If Suffer Him With We Shall Rejoice With Him!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :syncdance :syncdance :syncdance

HeavenBesideYou 10-01-2005 07:52 AM

Daily Bread

October 1st

"Does faith promise that we will all be winners?"

Remember, dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise in the world's eyes, or powerful or wealthy when God called you. Instead, God deliberately chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose those who are powerless to shame those who are powerful. God chose things despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important, so that no one can ever boast in the presence of God.

God alone made it possible for you to be in Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made Christ to be wisdom itself. He is the one who made us acceptable to God. He made us pure and holy, and he gave himself to purchase our freedom. As the Scriptures say, "The person who wishes to boast should boast only of what the Lord has done."

1 Corinthians 1:26-31

Heaven

creedsister 10-01-2005 08:41 AM

Amen !!

O God Thou Art My God Early Will I Seek Thee My Soul Thirsty for thee my Flesh Longs For Thee In Dry Land Where There Is No Water To See Thy Power And To See Thy Glory So As I Have Seen Thee In Thy Sanctuary BECAUSE THY LOVINGKINDNESS IS BETTER THAN LIFE MY LIPS SHALL EVER PRAISE THEE Thus will i bless thee while i live i will lift up my hands in thy name my soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness and my mouth shall sing praise unto thee When I Remembear Thee Upon My Bed And Meditate on thee In The Night Whatches because thou has been my help therefore in the shadow of thy wings will i Rejoice Psalm.63

HeavenBesideYou 10-02-2005 07:56 AM

Daily Bread

October 2nd

"What's so bad about a little lie?"

Lying is deceiving someone. It can be direct—"I didn't touch that cake" (as you swallow the last bite)—or it can be indirect, such as telling only part of the truth when it benefits you to do so. But to fall short of truth, in any way, is to lie. Pilate asked, "What is truth?" ( John 18:38 ). Pilate had the answer to his question standing before him, in person. "I am the way, the truth and the life," Jesus said on another occasion ( John 14:6 ). Think of it! Jesus not only tells the truth, he is truth. We cannot follow the God of truth while we persistently tell lies—even "small" ones. Determine to tell the truth in all matters of life, big or small.

Truth stands the test of time; lies are soon exposed.

Proverbs 11:17

Heaven

creedsister 10-02-2005 08:12 AM

Praise The Lord!!!!!

:thewave: The Lord Dont Lie Mark 13.31 I Say Unto You Heaven And Earth Shall Pass Away But My Words Shall Not Pass Away

HeavenBesideYou 10-03-2005 07:04 AM

Daily Bread

October 3rd

"Only by being on the level can we rise in the eyes of others."

According to Psalm 15, truth is at the heart of every word and deed of a godly person. Since the God of the Bible always keeps His word, it follows that a godly person will be known as one who does what he says he will do.

We all need to be more careful about our integrity. Do those around us admire us for our honesty? Does the Lord see us faithfully doing what we said we would do... even when it hurts?

Psalm 15
A psalm of David.

1 LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary?
Who may live on your holy hill?

2 He whose walk is blameless
and who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from his heart

3 and has no slander on his tongue,
who does his neighbor no wrong
and casts no slur on his fellowman,

4 who despises a vile man
but honors those who fear the LORD,
who keeps his oath
even when it hurts,

5 who lends his money without usury
and does not accept a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things
will never be shaken.

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-04-2005 07:00 AM

Daily Bread

October 4th

"Who was that masked man? "

Do you remember the old TV show The Lone Ranger? Whenever the hero, who wore a black mask across his eyes, did a good deed, someone always asked, "Who was that masked man?"

I think many observers today are asking the same question of a lot of Christians.…They'll perform a convincing act on the outside while faking it on the inside. In other words, many will be hypocrites.

There are no secrets with God. In the end, Jesus will pull off every mask and reveal who's really underneath. Paul speaks of the day "when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel" ( Romans 2:16 ). And the apostle warns us, "When the Lord comes, he will bring our deepest secrets to light and will reveal our private motives. And then God will give to everyone whatever praise is due" ( 1 Corinthians 4:5 ).

Beware of the yeast of the Pharisees—beware of their hypocrisy. The time is coming when everything will be revealed; all that is secret will be made public.

Luke 12:1-2

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-05-2005 07:04 AM

Daily Bread

October 5th

"Close to you."

In truth, God is always close to those who genuinely seek after him. The real problem is that we drift away from him, lose interest, and leave his presence. So let's seek him and receive his grace and his help while we recognize that He alone is the one who truly saves.

Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

Isaiah 55:6

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-06-2005 07:01 AM

Daily Bread

October 6th

"Doing what is right is not all that easy."

When we dedicate ourselves to justice, we must be ready to face the wrath of all those who don't see things the same way we do. God loves justice and righteousness, and we need to remember that He is ever on the side of what is right. He will be with us when we face persecution for righteousness' sake.

Rely on Him.

I have done judgment and justice: leave me not to mine oppressors.

Psalm 119:121

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-07-2005 07:07 AM

Daily Bread

October 7th

"Resisting forbidden fruit."

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is the first volume of C. S. Lewis's famous Chronicles of Narnia series, which features four British children during World War II who are magically transported into the world of Narnia. There they are given the heroic task of helping to undo the curse cast by an evil witch, which has kept the land frozen in a perpetual winter.

Soon after arriving in Narnia, Edmund is separated from the other children and encounters the White Witch. She offers him a magical candy that he finds addicting; eating it puts him under her power. With deadly accuracy Lewis paints a picture of the way sin affects us. It doesn't announce itself as sin; it draws us in with something that seems pleasant and comforting but becomes addictive, blinding us to what is good and attracting us to what is evil.

The charms of the magical candy eventually wear off. The turning point comes when Edmund is finally moved to compassion for someone besides himself. The story echoes the parable of the lost son, who succumbs to sin and then comes to his senses, repents, and returns home to his overjoyed father.

When he finally came to his senses, he said to himself, "At home even the hired men have food enough to spare, and here I am, dying of hunger!"

Luke 15:17

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-08-2005 07:54 AM

Daily Bread

October 8th

"Our Sheperd."

The shepherd will go looking for a lost sheep, no matter where it might have wandered. Regardless of ravine, cavern, raging river, steep cliff, the shepherd will endeavor to save even the scrawniest, mangiest sheep. His devotion to his flock is total and absolute.

God's devotion to us is even greater. We can never be separated from the love and care of God. No matter how far we might stray from Him, He is continually on the lookout for us, and He will rescue us from whatever our peril might be. Rest sure and secure in the love of God. He will never give you up for lost.

I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek they servant; for I do not forget they commandments.

Psalm 119:176

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-09-2005 08:06 AM

Daily Bread

October 9th

"Pacifism in a modern world."

It is hard to be a peace-loving person these days. It seems like someone is always trying to get us stirred up. Sometimes we must take a total stand for peace no matter what may happen to us. In either case, we need the guidance and support of God in our lives. His wisdom is the only wisdom that will suffice. Our defense is in the Lord, and He will protect us in every situation.

I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war.

Psalm 120:7

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-10-2005 07:06 AM

Daily Bread

October 10th

"The domino affect."

Have you ever felt as though the problems in your life were like a series of dominoes? One domino falls down, and it sets off a chain reaction that knocks down the rest of the dominoes. David felt that his problems were going from bad to worse—his enemies had surrounded him, waiting for his ultimate demise. David could see no way out. But even in his despair, he knew there was one whom he could always trust to help him. He turned to God, confessed his sins, asked for forgiveness, and pleaded for mercy.

When we are separated from God because of our sins, we need to repent and ask for forgiveness. Then, with a clean heart, we can come before him and ask for help. He will hear and answer us for the honor of his name.

16 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
for I am lonely and afflicted.
17 The troubles of my heart have multiplied;
free me from my anguish.
18 Look upon my affliction and my distress
and take away all my sins.

Psalm 25:16-18

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-11-2005 07:15 AM

Daily Bread

October 11th

"In the beginning" (Gen. 1:1)

Genesis 1:1, although the start, is not the only place in the Bible where we read about creation. The remarkable work of God's creation is not a one-passage phenomenon. Woven throughout Scripture are reminders that God fashioned our world–telling us again and again how vital it is to believe that the universe and everything in it came through the masterful work of His mighty hand.

We need that reminder. Otherwise, we could easily be influenced by the teaching we hear continually from some educators who hold to a view of origins that rules out God.

Yet that's not the primary reason to explore what God's Word says about creation. No, the main reason we need to acknowledge God's role in bringing everything into existence is so that we will give Him praise.

You alone are the Lord; You have made heaven, . . . the earth and everything on it.

Nehemiah 9:6

"It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg."

~C. S. Lewis

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-12-2005 07:19 AM

Daily Bread

October 12th

"Love your enemies."

When followers of Jesus spend more time condemning their enemies than praying for them or showing love to them, they lose their spiritual credibility...

Jesus expects us to stand out from the world by letting our "light so shine before men, that they may see [our] good works and glorify [our] Father in heaven" ( Matthew 5:16 ). One way we live that out is by obeying His command to love our enemies (v.44).

The warmth of love can melt the heart of an enemy.

Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you.

Matthew 5:44

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-13-2005 07:11 AM

Daily Bread

October 13th

"Iraqi Constitution threat elevated."

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9674935/

The Lord watches over all His children. He is with us in safe times as well as the dangerous ones. He guards our steps from the day we are born until we are ushered into our heavenly home. Know that the Lord is with you. He will never leave you alone.

Guard our troops this day, Lord. Be with all the people who serve in dangerous positions, and keep them safe.

Watch over them all... Amen.

The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Psalm 121:8

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-14-2005 07:06 AM

Daily Bread

October 14th

"Don't be molded by the world."

Wow, isn't that a tough one to obey? It's a reminder that what we think is one of the places of greatest spiritual warfare. Sloppy thinking is more than sloppy, it's dangerous because we are fed messages constantly that distort God's truth and holy values. But rather than being incensed by the world acting like the world, let's be transformed by renewing our minds and doing what Paul said he did... take every thought, every word, captive for Christ. We often think a tithe is giving ten percent of our money, but an even more vital tithe is giving ten percent of our thought time totally to the things of God!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Romans 12:2

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-15-2005 07:06 AM

Daily Bread

October 15th

"What else is there to say?"

I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.The Lord God Almighty said at the beginning of the Ten Commandments!

How great you are, O Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.

2 Samuel 7:22

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-16-2005 06:59 AM

Daily Bread

October 16th

"Worship involves every aspect of life."

God does so much for us. He is the strength and promise that undergirds our lives. He is the one who has saved us from sin and death. Our worship comes from our gratitude for what he has done and recognition of who he is. But worship can never be compartmentalized and fit into church places or quiet times.

That is why it is so important for us to tune the words of our mouths and the motives of our hearts to God's will and work. Then private worship, whether alone in quiet or in a group of Christians, becomes the tuning time for our hearts and lives so that our public worship, our lives lived out in the world, will play the song of God to a world who has not yet really heard it.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-17-2005 07:14 AM

Daily Bread

October 17th

"Where does true deliverance come from?"

Only from God.

Salvation is found in God through deep reverential respect for his holiness and might, through living in covenant relationship with him, and through maintaining our focus on him. Any other roads to salvation and deliverance are false and ultimately prove themselves to be a snare.

The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare.

Psalm 25:14-15

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-18-2005 07:00 AM

Daily Bread

October 18th

"Why wait?"

If there is anything we don't like to do, it's wait. Maybe that is why God is so interested in us learning to do it! There is something purifying about remaining strong in tough times and remaining faithful when ill winds blow. So God gives us times of waiting to see if our search is really for him or merely for something new.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Psalm 27:14

Heaven

eusebioCBR 10-18-2005 07:10 PM

:thumbsup: - Needed this today.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou
October 18th

"Why wait?"

If there is anything we don't like to do, it's wait. Maybe that is why God is so interested in us learning to do it! There is something purifying about remaining strong in tough times and remaining faithful when ill winds blow. So God gives us times of waiting to see if our search is really for him or merely for something new.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Psalm 27:14

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-19-2005 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eusebio
:thumbsup: - Needed this today.

:jam:

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-19-2005 07:10 AM

Daily Bread

October 19th

"God is not a genie in a bottle..."

Rather than seeing this as a way to get our wish list granted, let's see it for what it really is. An invitation to seek a love relationship with God above all other things. In finding him, we will find our priorities properly aligned and our hearts tuned to know what is really valuable and what is not. Then we will see that what we have in him is our heart's greatest desire.

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Psalm 37:4

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:10

Heaven